Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
As its well known the BBC didn't archive shows routinely prior to 1976 and therefore there are giant gaps in the archive and what remains may be down to luck rather than any other reason. However a number of shows do exist in varying quality and since these fall outside the scope of the BBC4 repeats it is unlikely they will be shown and there is no discussion on them. My idea therfore is to feature one of these shows once a fortnight on a Monday (with a link to the show) and people can comment on them if they wish.

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in doing and if there is enough interest it can start next month.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Sounds good to me. Go for it Mikey i say.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Yes, I would be very very interested also, to see whatever you put up for us. Another great idea to look forward to.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

I'm in. Would you like to feature all the existing shows, i.e. also the ones that exist from home recordings only? Or only those that are available as a 'link'? Nice idea anyway.
Might also be a good chance to update some of the incorrect playlists on Popscene. It seems they don't bother for anything before 1980 anymore, as I sent a few corrections some time ago but nothing ever happened.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
VintageVideos wrote
I'm in. Would you like to feature all the existing shows, i.e. also the ones that exist from home recordings only? Or only those that are available as a 'link'?
Yes, sure Vin, if they can be made available even for a short time i think that would be doable, i think they would need to be at least 50% complete shows lets say. For the time being i can use what is on the google drive.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Gorgeous Daze
Good idea Mikey. As the eighties as seen on BBC Four continue to go generally downhill there has never been a better time for such a thread, and I think making it fortnightly would be just right.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Michael
This would certainly be of interest to me, Mikey. What a great idea.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

CoffeeThing
Great idea, am in as ever.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Everything'sRosie
Yup, go for it, Mikey. Watching those shows with a following discussion will be great fun.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Malta
I like it.  Excellent idea Mikey.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Legsfan
Sounds great! I'm in.
I'm back!

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

mojo2007
This could be both informative and entertaining. Old folk like me should not mock today so much if we are reminded how poor our judgement was when we were young. Some of the rubbish that made the hit parade!

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
I'll start this next week, perhaps Sunday evening. Shows will be picked in a random order, so will jump around the years a bit rather than in a linear fashion. I may even post the odd teaser in advance, i just haven't got a clue what to do.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

PattiforPM
Good for you Mikey, I'm looking forward to this

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
1 day to go

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Hanway2
  With this and the monthly quiz, we are being really spoilt this Sunday. Looking forward to this very much. I don't know how many you have for us, but I am very interested in seeing them, over whatever time scale necessary.
  And I know a few good pubs near to Warwick Avenue. I shall raise a glass of something strong and malty in celebration.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
Thanks Hanway, no time limit for comments but a new one should be put up once a fortnight

One thing i forgot to mention there is no poll as such but if people want to nominate a favourite that is fine too.