Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

AC/PD
Will you be posting the next edition on Tuesday?

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
lol, no Sunday, but maybe i should.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Are you still planning to comment on these P4PM?

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

PattiforPM
Thanks for the reminder Mikey.  I am planning to comment Mikey, just haven't got around to it yet but this weekend looks like an possible open time for me so here goes...

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
Thanks, its what weekends are made for

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Hanway2
  I hope to finish watching the programme very soon, finding it quite difficult because of all the stoppages. And then write a review shortly afterwards. But I doubt it will be as mega as last time, no real need to I think, more a mini version.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
I was just wondering if anyone could remember which was the first show to be affected by the DLT/Saville ban.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Gorgeous Daze
I think the first DLT show to be banned was 20/10/77. Unsure of the first Savile.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Willoway
This post was updated on .
Simon's (whoever Simon was, he disappeared) most excellent TOTP blog, Yes, It's Number One shows what happened in real time
20/10/77 was the first DLT
15/9/77 was the first Savile

This site gets a brief mention on the final wiped episode 8/9/77, Simon made a couple of minor retrospective edits when the two L&C performances reemerged.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

I think the first Yewtreed Savile show was 15/09/77 though I'm not 100% certain on this.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
Thats great thanks. Both of these are on the google drive, and presumably those yewtree eps that followed after that as well, so plenty to choose from for an occasional later (than 1976) episode special, which may be soon . I mentioned previously i somewhat missed the boat with the repeats of 1976 and 77, but I'm guessing up to this point DLT was generally well liked, and he always seems to be enthusiastic about the dancers too.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Willoway
Mikey wrote
but I'm guessing up to this point DLT was generally well liked
I would recall not especially much, at least in the reruns, already a bit of a dinosaur. The big star back in the early reruns was Kid Jensen I would say. Obviously others may think different from those long-gone days.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

mojo2007
I am obviously being dim. how do I see these shows ?
mojo

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
If you click on the google drive link in the first post of each dedicated thread and then select the one you want to view, they are in date order by the way.

 Mikey, will that be the next TOTPs we are to watch?
 Or did you just want to raise my blood pressure a lot?

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
Yep, i should say 'Coming Soon'

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey
I'm aware i need to do a bit of back tracking to feature some earlier shows, so since May isn't very good for surviving episodes from any year, i will feature a few of those. I'm also planning to feature 'Pop Go The Sixties' but that is a pretty long show.

Re: Reviewing the old shows 1968-76

Mikey

Protogoniomorpha parhassus, the forest mother-of-pearl butterfly.