Routine versus routine poll. #1. (Sir Duke).

Routine versus routine poll. #1. (Sir Duke).

This is the first of quite a number of these polls that i will offer up for consideration on a weekly basis. Each poll will consist of 2 routines performed to the same song, with the second routine remade differently for that years Christmas show.The polls will last for 3 days, starting each Tuesday and the result will appear Friday evening. Your task will be to simply select which of the two routines you prefer. If you want to comment on your selection then please do so, if you want to keep it secret, then fine. Just a bit of fun, so please join in and lets see what transpires.

Select on of these two.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

First of all, i really like both these routines. The first has the big draw back of the weird static seated audience and no Patti. But it does have some cracking dance moves. The December routine over time has grown on me a little more. Fantastic scene when Floid offers a kiss to each girl and their respective reactions. Both routines see the girls decked out in super short costumes, so i cant split them on that.

Well after long consideration ive made my selection, but this for me was pretty close.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Mikey
I love the April one (despite the static audience), so an easy choice.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Doc
Tough choice, they're both good. I've gone for the one that was just over a week before my 12th birthday!

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Mikey wrote
I love the April one (despite the static audience), so an easy choice.
I've already been checking out the audience for the 40 year thread! They're an odd bunch.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Who's That Hurll
I've voted for Sir Duke.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Good idea, the two tone green suit was a good look

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

This one is really tough for me.  Both are good and have different strengths.  I have chosen one by the narrowest of margins.  This must be the closest Xmas vs Original battle, surely

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

CoffeeThing
Not an easy call, I think each is best when I watch it! The first has a great example of Sue's crisp precision of movement when they walk legs wide and arms in the air, the second is a very clever routine and the steps really are akin to slightly wayward creatures on a harness. Damn fine reindeer if I may say so. Merry Christmas Floid! T'was a close vote.
This week, I are be mostly hanging in there

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Everything'sRosie
I think both are great, but the cute reindeers just edged it.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Gorgeous Daze
I find this one so hard to decide that it will have to come down to which I think I probably like best at the moment I press the Vote button.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

PattiForPM wrote
 This must be the closest Xmas vs Original battle, surely
Whether one prefers sun or snowballs in Barbados could rival it as a dilemma.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

PattiForPM
Yup, good counter GD

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

The Rubberband Man
Both are fantastic routines, and in a review situation I’d probably score them equally.

There's something about the Xmas one however that puts it just a (red) nose (reindeer) in front.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

What a difficult choice! Both fantastic routines, but in the end the Xmas performance wins it for me, dare i say our friend Floid helps make this the Christmas cracker it is, and i just love Lulu's reaction to his offer of a kiss.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

VintageVideos
It's always hard to beat the original.
Vin

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Without checking back I expect I scored both of these a ten as they are both corkers, and while I don't make a habit of unpacking old verse this occasion seems to warrant it.  (PS.  Each verse contains an allusion to at least one dance routine.)

"When Santa went down that chimney
The girls knew just what to do!
Who was going to fly that sleigh now then?
Why Lulu of course, that's who.

Ok, the take-off was kinda tricky,
That flat roof being just a tad small,
But having just ditched her 'L' plates
Such starts were no problem, no problem at all !

In seconds they were up and were airborne,
The city beneath them, asleep and in bed.
But up here in the sky it was rush hour,
With every light still stubbornly red !

With the last of the presents delivered,
And the clocks all having struck twelve,
Lulu enquired of the others, "So where shall we go to for Christmas?
I can't park all night on this cloud!"

"Well you can forget dear cold Blighty", sneezed Susan
In a dressing gown down to the floor.
"And we don't want you steering us northwards
Cos we've all been to Lapland before !".

"I know", cried Patti.  "I have it."
"Let's head for the Canadian coast."
So they Rushed across the Atlantic
Arriving in time for the toast.

Next morning the Coffee was welcome,
Along with the fruit and the fan,
Then they took the next jumbo to Cape Town
To relax and brush up on their tan!

By Boxing Day they were all settled,
In a Five-Star right next the beach,
Having swapped their fake fur for bikinis,
Banana dakari and coconut punch within reach !

"Ah, this is the life", mused young Rosie
As she and Gill bathed in the ocean,
And while Patti went off to play hockey
Pauline got out her sun lotion.

Each night they went out up the mountain,
To a spot there that was all the rage,
And Lulu caused quite a sensation
When dancing in some sort of cage!

But holidays, well they're expensive,
And by New Years, the funds they'd begun to run low.
"So we'd better get back now" sighed Susan.
"They've only pre-recorded one show".

So they packed up six little cases,
Before one last dance in the sand,
And with a tear in the eye, and a wave and a cry,
Said goodbye to that Promised Land.
(Oops, wrong troupe.)

Heading north by balloon they reached Cairo,
Where Sue, I'm afraid, got the hump.
While Lulu hit a stray flying carpet
And they came down to earth with a bump!

Flying on they reached Paris by nightfall,
Where parking proved quite an affair,
But once they'd centimes for the meter
They all got to dance with a bear!

Over Kent, the breeze it abated,
So Lulu put the balloon down in a glade,
And after Sue had collected some honey
They all enjoyed tea in the shade.

Hitching a ride back to London was easy,
The girls reaching Wood Lane just gone noon,
But Lulu had forgotten her black nightie.
"I'll have to go back.  See you soon".

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Old school SF, could almost be 2010 again.  Enjoyable read.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Bravo Sir!

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Legsfan
Thank you SF, I really liked what you wrote