Quantcast

Routine versus routine poll. #1. (Sir Duke).

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

sueforever
I must say that both routines are good. But one just stand out, than the other for me.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Nice

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

PansLegs
I thought this would be clear cut for me... audience / no audience... the latter is always preferable. However, the limitation of the Christmas version with the troupe being reindeer (complete with reins) means they don't get much of a chance to dance compared with the 1st version. Tricky.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Just want to add my six pennies to contribute to the Laureate appreciation fund.  Well met SF

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

As one who missed the heyday of odes all I can say is keep mining that golden verse SF!

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

PansLegs wrote
.... the troupe being reindeer (complete with reins) means they don't get much of a chance to dance compared with the 1st version.
Yes. It looked like they were at the end of their tether

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
I find this one so hard to decide that it will have to come down to which I think I probably like best at the moment I press the Vote button.
Agreed. Currently, it's almost as difficult to pick a preferred Sir Duke routine as it is to select a favourite verse from SF's ode.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Thanks to all for voting, 20 contributors is a good return. As for the result, well its about what i thought it would be. I indeed voted for the first `Sir Duke` but i think the Xmas version isn't to far behind in terms of watchability. I will host another of these polls next Tuesday and keep a bit of a scoreboard also so the results of these can be easily viewed.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

PattiForPM
I'm almost sorry one of these has to lose the poll but I do think the first dance is better.  It's tough to witness cruelty to the cutest reindeer on Earth at any time though

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

Thanks for your kind words OGW, LF, P4pm, GD, AC/PD.  I seem to recall that the joy of new discoveries, back then on an almost weekly basis, fed the creative juices, so to speak.  But was it as long ago as 2010... seems like another lifetime at times!  As for the recent selection, well I favoured the Xmas version on creativity but both are smashers, so no need for a repeat order for some more SJ's!  I'll have to ask my favourite reindeer which is her favourite of the two!

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #1.

The poll we did almost five years ago http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Sir-Duke-versus-Sir-Duke-VOTE-HERE-td3965232.html ended:  April 11 Xmas 4, so Pinksocks comfortably retain their trophy from the Antlers.

I went with the victor again; although I must admit I thought it would be closer, with some of the newer members expressing a Festive preference on this thread.
WTH