Routine versus routine poll. #4. (I Feel Love)

Routine versus routine poll. #4. (I Feel Love)

   This is the fourth of these polls that i will offer up for consideration on a weekly basis. Each poll will consist of 2 routines performed to the same song, with the second routine remade differently for that years Christmas show. The polls will last for 3 days, starting each Tuesday and the result will appear Friday evening.
   Your task will be to simply select which of the two routines you prefer. If you want to comment on your selection then please do so, if you want to keep it secret, then fine. Just a bit of fun, so please join in and lets see what transpires.

PICK ONE ROUTINE ONLY.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

Although i would not consider either of these two to be outstanding routines, one of them i find quite considerably more watchable than the other. Watched the routines again this evening and was reminded what a fantastic song this was by Donna. Simply ideal fodder for our gals to dance to.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

PattiForPM
Commendable that they got that gantry fixed

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

Dancer
I literally cried when the girls danced to this in July.  To think it only took ten minutes to write Giorgio Moroder made history here but as I have said on other forums before I grew to like all of their performances to this decades on.

It is a very difficult song to dance to really and I do think the girls did it proud considering the barriers they were up against.  In an ideal world it should have been danced to in a more "sexed up" way but both were good.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

Old Grey Whistler
Both routines are quite good.  It's a battle between a Yewtreed routine and one which just avoided that fate.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

PattiForPM
It's a pity DLT doesn't get a vote

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

The Rubberband Man
It's a question of Summer in Summer or Summer in Winter.....

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

I have now chosen the routine. And really one stand out than the other.That must have been difficult to dance too.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

sueforever wrote
That must have been difficult to dance too.
Sorry, but you are the second person to describe this song difficult to dance to. I dont get this at all, the record was a disco classic. Hot Gossip for example two years later on Kenny Everett's Videoshow made it look a piece of cake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fv5P4LFL6w
Legs & Co on the other hand took a slightly easier route and donned pretty frocks and swished them about the place but it still looked effective.

I can think of many more records that were difficult to dance to over this one.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

Suefan
Thanks for that interesting link Ryan as I hadn't seen that rendition before.  For the first few moments I thought I was going to be rowing back a little on my view but as the routine progressed that feeling waned.  Finding love in a boxing ring?  Quod erat demonstrandum.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

Mikey
I think these are pretty even, i don't expect Flick had a lot of time with the xmas one having 4 to do that year, so i'll go with the 1st one.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

PattiForPM
You're so often right Mikey, but...   Oh and BTW I am totally on the Boss's side about this being a great dance tune and not difficult at all compared to many other tunes Legs mastered

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

PansLegs
Never seen these before and the choreography is quite similar in both. The visual direction is different though with an obvious advantage to one performance which rises above the boredom of the other. An easy decision.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

Doc
Despite this triple temptation, sometimes sequels can be better.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

The Rubberband Man wrote
It's a question of Summer in Summer or Summer in Winter.....
I like the unseasonably hot one.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

This sequence is so beautiful.  Rosie's hair looked so beautiful on here.  It is not so much difficult to dance to it is just the length of the song that is the issue.  Discos played the 12" version which ran at over eight minutes in length and then along came Patrick Cowley's remix of 16 minutes.  It really knocked you out.  I always get up to dance to this when I hear it but can only dance to the radio edit.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

Gorgeous Daze
On this occasion I just about prefer the one I feel works less well with the music.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

CoffeeThing
This tune just reminds me of hot seemingly never ending 1970s summers in a lovely era. I love it. The dances were pretty even for me, though Rosie gyrating was the highlight of the July routine, but the camera work was a little obscuring at times. Great to watch them both, but I have a hollow feeling inside just wanting it all back on BBC4. Sigh.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

Legsfan
Both equally as good, but on the first one the camera effects spoil it for me, so I have gone for the one that wasn't on BBC Four.

Re: VOTE HERE. Routine versus routine poll. #4.

Everything'sRosie
Gave both a good look. My favourite's the one I probably first saw when eating turkey sandwiches.