Ruby Flipper TOTPs `hosts outro` screen caps.

Ruby Flipper TOTPs `hosts outro` screen caps.

Can`t Help Falling In Love

"Top Of The Pops as made a bit of a move on the dancing front and Pans People have moved slightly stage left. Stage right we've got Ruby Flipper and you might recognize two of the faces there but five new faces and they are going to be doing various dance routines throughout the Top of the pops series. Floid will be coming back in just a while."
My Resistance Is Low

"and from one of my records of the week to one of my artists of the week.
Love Me Like A Lover

"Tina Charles wanting to be loved like a lover and thank you ladies very much for the carnation [sniffs], smells awful, no its very nice indeed."
Love Hangover

"Hmm, extremely tasty there. Ruby Flipper and Love Hangover and if that is what it does to ya, gotta drink more defiantly"
Reggae Like It Used To Be

"Alright Ruby Flipper. Off, get off its my turn. You've danced your bit"
Soul City Walk

"Yes indeedy, the Soul City Walk Archie Bell and the Drells and the magnificent Ruby Flipper"
Silly Love Songs

"There you are see. wasn't that fabulous that was Ruby Flipper and Silly Love Songs and i'd like to say to the girls having seen that you've made an old man very very happy"
Shake It Down

"Terrific, that was Mud and Shake It Down. {to audience girl} Have you ever shaken it down ? {audience girl in reply - NO}. You wanna try it sometime you can get to like it"
This Is It

"Huh-uh-uh-uh-uh.  (yes that usual noise he makes). Goodness gracious"
T.V.C.15

"Ah-ha. TVC15 ladies and gentlemen by whom ? Do you recognize there as i take my hand away (though the camera takes no notice of him and doesn't show his hand). That is a very early picture of Mr David Bowie"
Heart On My Sleeve

"Haaa, there lovely aren't they, Ruby Flipper there {well the girls are nice at any rate} and a number called Heart On My Sleeve. Dedicate that to David Hamilton, we gotta do that haven't we."
The Wanderer

"Thank-you very much Albert of Ruby Flipper. (next few words are unintelligible as Noel rather mumbles them. If anyone can decipher them, please let me know} and Dion's The Wanderer."
The Continental

"Ah, Oh so frightfully gay. That's two from Ruby Flipper dancing to Maureen McGovern."
Sold My Rock N Roll

"There you go Ruby Flipper for you there. Now i wonder if you could term the little red Indian dancing girl as a Cherry-Kee." (an amusing play on the word Cherokee)
Young Hearts Run Free

"Ruby Flipper for ya here on the show and we have some nurses from Great Ormond Street and want me say hello to the kids. So hi kids hope your enjoying the show."
The Flasher

"That's Ruby Flipper who have now gone into the balancing business as you can see. That was called The Flasher."
Misty Blue

"That was a Misty Blue Cherry. See this is what you need on a hot evening like this. What do you think i weigh, any offers at all ? [audience girl in reply - Hundreds]. [Hamilton in reply - Hundred stone, you cheeky thing]".
Tubular Bells

"Champs Boys and the sound of Tubular Bells right there and they were dancing round, did you recognize that place, that was infact the Blue Peter garden. And everything certainly looks rather nice in the garden unlike my garden. The lawn died last week, they are burying it next week"
Back In The U.S.S.R

"Quite a pleasant change to see some snow."
It Only Takes A Minute Girl

"Yes, Jonathan King, there aren't to many ways to follow him".
Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel

"What the devils going on over there ? That's Ruby Flipper and the Tavares number Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel. I must admit i didn't choose that one to be an instant sort of hit but its gone in fast enough".
Harvest For The World

"I don't know if i can do anything after that last number joining in Ruby Flipper, wasn't that fantastic".
A Fifth Of Beetoven

"Aah they are lovely aren't they (delivered in an Irish accent). That was Ruby Flipper and A Fifth of Beethoven".
Jeans On

"Yes indeedy ladies and gentlemen".
(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty

"Ah ha ha. My Goodness gracious you see what i mean we made them work hard ladies and gentlemen. Right now its time for a cool off for everybody".
Let Em In

"Oh dunno if thats confused you but it has me. I think in future i'm gonna have to use the cat-flap. Ruby Flipper and the number five sound from Wings, Let Em In".
You Should Be Dancing (repeat from 12/08)

"You defiantly should be dancing and if you weren't dancing, i want a note on my desk tomorrow morning from your mother explaining why".
Aria

"Isn't that sad. Thats Acker Bilk. The one with the bowler hat was Acker Bilk, the one with the white dress was Sidney/Sydney from Ruby Flipper and that was an Aria".
Morning Glory

"Ruby Flipper getting well and truly mixed up in James and Bobby Purify's hit Morning Glory".
Don't Go Breaking My Heart

"I don't know. Its like the retreat from Moscow set to music. Hope you've enjoyed this programme. We're gonna continue and with a bit of luck i'm gonna get out of here alive. See you tomorrow on the breakfast show. Bye bye".
You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine

"Oooh yes indeedy yes indeedy yes indeedy yes indeedy".
Disco Duck

"Your probably wondering whats happening and so am i. But somebody said i should go to work on an egg".
The Best Disco In Town

"Oh there you go there you go Ruby Flipper The Best Disco In Town. I don't care who sees anymore i'm not trying to hide it anymore. There's nothing like a nice box of chocolates".

"Ah ha, right then. Ive got this big fine bodybuilding lad here from ???? (I think he says Wigan). Show us your muscles".
Dancing With The Captain

"Oh oh, my goodness. How to get sea sickness doing Top of the Pops".
Summer Of My Life

"Great. That was Simon May and The Summer Of My Life".
Play That Funky Music

"That was Ruby Flipper. Some fabulous outfits there too. They were dancing to Wild Cherry Play That Funky Music".

Re: Ruby Flipper TOTPs `hosts outro` screen caps.

Six years after doing the intro pics, i thought id have a crack at the outros. Some observations.
Jimmy Savile did utter some complete tripe didn't he. Hardly any thought went into his presentation other that the usual noises he made and the same old phrases.
After `Can't Help Falling In Love` outro, Noel Edmonds did give the impression that Floid would be up rather soon. Infact it was the four girls who came on before him. Was this another case of the producers altering the schedule after the show had ended.
If anyone can decipher what Noel mumbles after his famous Albert outro i'd like to hear your findings. As hard as i try i cant understand what hes saying.
Tony Blackburn messed up his intro to Tubular Bells. Hes trying to make amends on the outro, but reading it, its like hes suggesting the dance was performed by Champs Boys.
As much as i admire the thought and effort that went into Noel Edmonds presentation, there was at least 4 occasions when he could have named members of Ruby Flipper by name. The worst example is his `two from Ruby Flipper` at the end of The Continental. Not good that Noel.

Re: Ruby Flipper TOTPs `hosts outro` screen caps.

Whilst compiling this list i noticed what i think is quite a unique occurrence. I feel i should know the answer to this question im about to ask and really i should trawl through the TOTPs schedule run-downs to find out for myself. So here is my question.

Has a TOTPs dancer ever appeared in two consecutive performances on the show before ? Whaddya mean ?

Well Lulu appears in miniature dancing to Simon May's `Summer Of My Life`, and the next song on the show is Wild Cherry's `Play That Funky Music` in which Lulu appears with the rest of the gang. So in essence she appears twice in a row. Has that happened before or since ?

By the way im not suggesting Lulu raced of stage and changed out of her blue dress into her Wild Cherry outfits, obviously they were filmed separately.

I just hope somebody finds this question buried deep in LISTS.

Re: Ruby Flipper TOTPs `hosts outro` screen caps.

Has a TOTPs dancer ever appeared in two consecutive performances on the show before ?
Well i doubt anyone has the time or inclination to answer this question, so here are my findings. I do believe Lulu has the best stake to claim this, but there are other examples (of sorts) and probably Pans People can stake this claim too.
Pans People have three examples and all qualify.

11/03/71-Pans People dance to Paul McCartney's `Another Day`. The next item on the show is Pans providing backing for T. Rex's `Hot Love`.

13/12/73-Pans People dance to Cozy Powell's `Dance With The Devil`. The next item on the show is Pans providing backing for Steeleye Span's `Gaudette`.

10/04/75-Pans People dance to Jim Gilstrap's `Swing Your Daddy`. The next item on the show is snippets of Pans seen monkeying around the The Goodie's `Funky Gibbon`.
01/09/77-Legs & Co. We see a `repeat` of Legs & Co dancing to Carly Simon's `Nobody Does It Better`. The next item on the show is Legs & Co dancing to their second performance to Elvis's `Way Down`.

14/08/80-Consecutive brief clips of Legs & Co in the chart rundown. `Funkin' For Jamaica` & `Use It Up And Wear It Out`.

23/10/80-Legs & Co dance to Streisand's number 1 `A Woman In Love`. On the end credits that follow, Legs & Co can be seen in the crowd dancing to Coffee's `Casanova`.

27/08/81-Legs & Co dance to Aneka's number 1 `Japanese Boy`. On the end credits that follow, Legs & Co can be seen in the crowd dancing to Modern Romance `Everybody Salsa`.
As i said above i believe Lulu holds the best stake to the claim of being the only dancer to appear in consecutive performances on the show with her being in `Summer Of My Life` then `Play That Funky Music` immediately after. Certainly none of the four Legs examples come close, but Pans could stake a claim. But then again none of the examples above are dancers appearing singularly, so that swings it for Lulu in my book.

Of course this could be the second unique thing on TOTPs that Lulu could claim.
RYAN