Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Very sad news as I have just learned that Ruth Pearson has died aged 70.
I just heard this on the radio and am shocked and extremely sad.
She passed away on Tuesday morning (27/06/17) following a battle with cancer.

You were a gorgeous lady who will be missed.
Ruth, I love you and your dancing.

Words can't describe how sad I am now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ruth-pearson-dead-pans-people-10706175

Re: Very Sad News

SuPaLu
Such sad news.
RIP Ruth

Re: Very Sad News

PattiForPM
Devastating news, so sorry for Ruth's friends and family.  She seemed way too vivacious for this to happen.  What on Earth has happened to Celebrity life expectancy??

Re: Very Sad News

Can't believe this is true...

Ruth you will always live on in my heart.
Vin

Re: Very Sad News

Angie
Very sad news to wake up to........my favourite dancer. Rest in peace Ruth and thank you. Sincere condolences to family, friends and my thoughts are especially with Sue, Babs & Dee Dee.

We love you Ruthie.

Angie

Re: Very Sad News

Heartbreaking news to wake up to, 70 is no age. So very sad indeed.

Re: Very Sad News

The Rubberband Man
Very sad to hear Ruth has passed away. My thoughts are with her family at this devastating time.
Ruth was such a wonderful and talented dancer. She will live on in our hearts and memories.
RIP

Re: Very Sad News

ALEXMITCH1
Just learned of this news, this morning. Has made a raining dull day even worse. Such a treasure to the group and will be hugely missed by her family, dancing mates and , of course, the ever loyal fans. R.I.P. Ruth and thanks for all the great memories.

Re: Very Sad News

AC/PD
Goodbye to Ruth - The Silver Star.

Doubtless, Ruth's dancing life will be paid tribute to in the next "Saturday Screen-cap" thread.

Re: Very Sad News

MADMAX
Sad news to hear of the passing of Ruth. She danced her way into the hearts of many, never to be forgotten. Condolences to her family and all friends. R.I.P.

Re: Very Sad News

Everything'sRosie
Deeply saddened by this news. So unexpected. Ruth always seemed so full of life, and she looked fantastic for her age. Well, I say age, she was 70. That's hardly even considered old these days.

I hope she knew how loved she was by her friends and fans. I'm sure she did.

Rest in Peace, Ruth.

Re: Very Sad News

Gorgeous Daze
Awful news and a complete shock. Another light goes out too soon.

Thoughts are with her friends and family, may they find comfort in the joy she will continue to bring. Shine on, Ruth.

Re: Very Sad News

Doc
Very sad news, it feels like a piece of my childhood has just been torn away right now.
RIP Ruth.

Re: Very Sad News

Old Grey Whistler
Terrible news. My thoughts go out to her friends and family. She will always live on in our hearts.

Re: Very Sad News

mojo2007
I am typing this in tears. For me little Ruth was always the heart of Pans People.  Her friends and family must be heartbroken.  Would it be an intrusion on their grief if I ask if I can send flowers to her funeral ? Did she have a favourite charity ?  Not thinking straight
John

Re: Very Sad News

PreciousBox
Oh no :-( Very sad news, RIP Ruth xx

Re: Very Sad News

PreciousBox
Still nothing on the BBC news site though?

Re: Very Sad News

Gorgeous Daze
PreciousBox wrote
Still nothing on the BBC news site though?
Disgraceful. She quite possibly appeared more times than anyone on one of their most iconic shows. And then went on to co-create the show's next troupe.

Re: Very Sad News

Legsfan
This is in the Daily Mirror today. Page 17

Re: Very Sad News

Mikey
So sad to see that header just now and then read the thread. Rip Ruth you wonderful lady.