Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Holy crap, I just logged in and nearly passed out. Speechless. RIP lovely Ruth.

mojo2007 wrote
I am typing this in tears. For me little Ruth was always the heart of Pans People.  Her friends and family must be heartbroken.  Would it be an intrusion on their grief if I ask if I can send flowers to her funeral ? Did she have a favourite charity ?  Not thinking straight
John
Would it be appropriate to all chip in via PayPal and send something from OFTD?

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Dancer
What an awful shame.  Really sad about this.  Ruth was really the pinnacle of Pans People and believe me you will be missed big time and there will always be a place in my heart for you my lovely.  Enjoy yourself up there with Flick, Louise and Andi dancing to Silver Star.  A horrid day weatherwise and a worse one now.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

So very sad to hear of Ruth another one of the pans ladies has left us .Thank you Ruth for all the pleasure and enjoyment that you gave to me over the years as a dancer on tv .RIP Ruth and God bless you xxxx

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Legsfan
BBC Four pays tribute to Ruth.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Legsfan
Thank you AC/PD.
I never knew she was never married which I assume means that she didn't have any children.
It says that she lived alone, but I do hope she was surrounded by the people who meant the most to her at the time of her passing.
They got her year of birth wrong, they have listed it as 1947.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Legsfan
The Digital Spy obituary presents the Pan's People dancing to Apache which we all know was Do You Wanna Dance.
Clearly her passing has touched many who remember the memories of her on Top of the Pops, but its a shame that the big news guys like the BBC are still yet to publish any articles. The Daily Mirror both published online and print articles which I really thought was nice that their readers would have been some of the first to know.

..and hence her final age too. Poor form.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

A surprisingly well-informed obituary. By their very nature obituaries are put together quickly, but giving two different years of birth suggested some poor editing there. I'm glad Ruth got to say a proper goodbye to Dee Dee and Babs, though of course there must have been a desperately sad underlying feel to that final farewell.
Thanks for posting AC/PD.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Thanks for sharing this article. When you consider that they named "Young Girl" as her first dance and also gave "All Along The Watchtower" a mention, I wonder if they visited our site for those details.
Too bad they got her birth year wrong though.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

JEZ
Hi vin I hope you are keeping well my friend.im still a bit unconvinced about young girl being the trio's first dance ,I originally got the info about cry like a baby being the song from an interview done with flick Colby that was done years ago now,but saying that flick when referring to a routine that she thought had worked particularly well said she thought that I get no kick from champagne by Brian ferry ,so even all those years ago at that interview the odd mistake was made although I knew she meant though I get a kick out of you .

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Thanks for sharing the Times item AC/PD.  Still really sad and I cannot come to terms with it.  I cannot raid my collection tonight as it would just seem wrong.  It was a shame she was not married.  70 is a good age though.  Three score and ten as they say in the big book.  Just a shame that awful disease took her.  #danceaway

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

I would be unsure Coffeething.  She maybe orthodox and I get the feeling their funerals are the same/next day.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Angie
Like so many of us, I've been thinking of Ruth all day.......this really has knocked me for 6.......I'm absolutely devastated. :(

Angie

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

I think the Young Girl dance may be right Jez as I remember that dance well.  The room was quiet because of these new dancers.  We have discussed this at length on another subject and VV puts a lot of impetus to it as he has the picture of their outfits.  The dance itself was outside and I think it was the car park as there were bollards involved and the girls jumping over them.  They had such lovely outfits on and I remember Ruth so well.  I am really sad about this news today.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Hi Jez, I respect your opinion. As Dee Dee once said, it seems that noone remembers what their first dance was. But to be honest, tonight it doesn't really matter to me.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Yes I can understand that vin ,it doesn't really matter what the dance was it should be more to reflect on Ruth mate

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Dancer wrote
I would be unsure Coffeething.  She maybe orthodox and I get the feeling their funerals are the same/next day.  Correct me if I am wrong.
Very good point Dancer. Maybe Sue could advise. Either way, perhaps a charity donation or similar tribute if the funeral option is not there?

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Very sad news, RIP Ruth.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Willoway
The two dates of birth looks like a simple error rather than conflicting sources, though surprising in an obituary column, you would expect pinning the year of birth is task number one. I've emailed the Times, looking at the corrections section this relatively minor type of error they are happy to note and fix.

*Edit *

Not had a response but they've now changed it to:
Ruth Pearson, dancer, was born on July 13, 1946. She died of cancer on June 27, 2017, aged 69

So getting closer.
...is she really going out with him?
123