Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Old Bill
Hi all - sorry for being a stranger for so long, but now is not the time to explain the tedious prosaic reasons for absence.

What a sad day indeed.
If I may recall a chat I had with her once a few years back... we were talking about the PP book launch that a few us here attended, and I told her :
"Actually Ruthie, I must pull you up and correct you on something you said that evening. Something you got very very wrong..." - cue a worried & curious face - "I was going to mention it in the Q&A but ran out of time, and I can't let it go uncorrected."

"What? What?" says Ruth, semi-worried.

"I have to tell you... you DO look good in hotpants." And we all chuckled :-)

We then all got very drunk, put the world to rights and then I put her in to a taxi. A wonderful lady, and a wonderful dancer.

Thank you for all the good times Ruth. xxxx

Jeremiah 31:13

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

CoffeeThing
Superb words and a wonderful photo Old Bill, thank you for sharing something cheery when all has been so sad this week.
This week, I are be mostly drinking piccolos

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Legsfan
Lovely words Old Bill. She certainly was a wonderful lady.
I'm still quite upset and emotional today

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Thanks so much Old Bill. What a truly wonderful photo that is.
Vin

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

PreciousBox

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

CoffeeThing wrote
Very good point Dancer. Maybe Sue could advise. Either way, perhaps a charity donation or similar tribute if the funeral option is not there?
On the subject of folks wanting to make kind charitable donations. I was contacted this morning by a very reliable and high ranking source who wanted me to let the forum know that arrangements regarding the funeral are still at an early stage. This includes making it known of any charitable organization/s that Ruth or her family may have supported. I understand that in the coming week more information on this will be forthcoming. My source did want to thank everyone on the site for their messages of condolence for Ruth.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

CoffeeThing
Much appreciated as ever Ryan. Shall await instruction.
This week, I are be mostly drinking piccolos

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Angie
Many thanks for the update Ryan.

Re: Very Sad News

AC/PD wrote
Doubtless, Ruth's dancing life will be paid tribute to in the next "Saturday Screen-cap" thread.
Yes AC/PD, that goes without saying. (tomorrow).

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Thanks for the info Ryan.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

katy
I only just found out this news this morning its very sad news. I hope Ruth's family and friends are coping as well as possible it must be a very difficult time for them. Ruth as we all know was the longest serving member of Pans People which makes this very poignant to me. I do hope that the BBC pay tribute in some way. There is now four original members of Pans People who are no longer with us.
Ruth was my favourite dancer in Pans People she was such a fantastic dancer.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

I have been given the list of charities that Ruth was connected with during her life. If folk out there want to make kind donations, then please pick one of these below. With regards to the funeral, i do have the date of it now. Im not a liberty to reveal this or the location as its a private occasion for family and close friends of Ruth. Im sure fans here will understand and respect the family's wishes on that.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Im sure Sue will not mind (as she started the second thread), but ive combined both Ruth condolence threads into one. As Legsfan was the one who started the first thread, then his will be the main thread for Ruth.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

CoffeeThing
Thanks Ryan, sorted.
This week, I are be mostly drinking piccolos

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

PaulBlue
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

mojo2007
I made a small donation to the hospice.  Can somebody tell what the position is with the grave message ?

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Mike Morton
Apologies for taking so long to say how sad I was to hear about Ruth's untimely death. I always had a soft spot for Ruth and have so many fond memories watching her dancing on Top Of The Pops every week. I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet her a few times. My sincere sympathy to Ruth's family and friends and all surviving members of Pan's People, and of course Philip Day.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Willoway
Willoway wrote
The two dates of birth looks like a simple error rather than conflicting sources, though surprising in an obituary column, you would expect pinning the year of birth is task number one. I've emailed the Times, looking at the corrections section this relatively minor type of error they are happy to note and fix.

*Edit *

Not had a response but they've now changed it to:
Ruth Pearson, dancer, was born on July 13, 1946. She died of cancer on June 27, 2017, aged 69

So getting closer.
Never got a reply back, but the Times have fully fixed it now (they hadn't last time I checked a week or two back).

...is she really going out with him?

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Legsfan
Thanks Willoway.

Re: Ruth Pearson 1946-2017

Dancer
Listening to The Stylistics albums and just heard Let's Put it All Together.  Well Ruth certainly did that dance so proud and made it her own.  Really miss you sugar.   Your lovely dances will last forever in my memory.