SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- [September]

SILVER LADY Dance number 58 by Legs & Co
Performed by David Soul and reaching number 1 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 01/09/77 duration of dance 2.45 mins
Dancers -- Gill, Patti, Pauline, Sue

Pauline 56                        Rosie 54
Sue 56                             Gill 51
Lulu 54                            Patti 51
A link to the dance http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24w5g4_legs-co-silver-lady-version-1-totp-tx-01-09-1977_creation

Yes this is one of my favourites and surely a candidate for best costumes so far in the Legs & Co tenure on the show. Lots of flesh for us to see here, great individual dance moves by the girls, pretty decent song. What a first 30 seconds to marvel at, classic high kicking, big pouting Patti, then Sue doing her hips things with her back to us. I really don't want to pick on any individual girl, but would it be fair to say Gill had a pretty bad day at the office on this one. Constantly of the pace especially towards the end. Hey every girl is entitled to a bad dance every now and again so its not a criticism, just an observation. If this dance included all 6 girls i reckon this would be a top marks job, but for me its 9.25 out of 10.

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Andeebee
Fab song by David Soul (must tune into Starksy & Hutch at 9 on BBC on sat)

Sue looks divine, a dream, stunning, sorry I didn't watch any of the other girls......

9.5 for me

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

PattiForPM
This is a classic in my book and the Dance enhances the song a hundred-fold.  I agree Sue steals the Show but all four dancers shine and these outfits are not at all hard on the eyes.  It is much better than the Xmas version and I would have to give it a 10 if I didn't find myself straining to see Patti some of the time.  With this rather petty criticism I will award 9.5/10 and I know at least one OFTDs regular who is likely to award a higher mark.

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Paperboyplod
At last we get to hear a decent David Soul track, & Legs & Co. gave it their all for the accompanying dance routine. This first version comes without Lulu & Rosie, but the four-piece ensemble still pull in a fine performance, some brilliant arm waving, while gliding like birds of prey around the stage, although the studio set was rather insignificant, not even a floor-based photograph for the girls to leer at, but again the costumes typifyed what could be made available at least.

I'm looking forwards to the full six-piece version in the not too distant future, at least Jimmy Savile won't be appearing on the Boxing Day '77 episode so the BBC should be broadcasting it!

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

He sure is.  I've not always picked a number but this gets a ten.  The song may be silver but this is pure gold.

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Old Bill
A great dance, i love all the pelvic thrusts and hair flicks. Lots of sass and great costumes as everyone agrees. And some great pouting down the camera.

Patti and Sue are super. Gill keeps her cool to keep her top on - darn it!!

I don't like the song all that much, it seems to me it's better to dance to then to listen to.

But it's all missing one vital thing for me.... Lulu!! I miss that smile. And I gotta knock a point off!

7 / 10 from me.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Old Bill
**EDIT** Oops, I said Patti when I meant Pauline. Patti's great but i love Pauline's looks to camera 1 when she's going her bits.

(Always important to review one's subjects over Saturday breakfast! :-) )
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

After painstaking study of the "Gill incident" at about 1:30 Ryan I am convinced that this is a self-rescued Garment Malfunction as Gill is clearly (to me) securing a misbehaving halter top in the manner of a true professional while managing to continue the Dance from the waist down.  An impressive feat with a fine outcome if looked at this way.

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Old Bill
Hear hear PPFM! Bravo Gill. On reflection perhaps worth an extra point for this dance for her stirling effort. Gill's a stirling Silver Lady you could say!
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Yes maybe the distraction of having to rescue her top from falling down was an explanation for a decidedly poor performance by Gill in this one.

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Andeebee
this warrants another view later (for the Gill ncident), but if only I can pull my eyes away from the hypnotic hips of Sue......need a lie down

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

I think this is being a bit hard on Gill.  That she kept it going was greatly to her credit and the incident was inevitably a slight distraction.  For keeping her cool while raising my temp I'd like to award her a bonus mark :)

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Lets just say her costume difficulties during this dance, may have wavered her concentration a little. But i do feel she had a poor day at the office here whilst the other three were simply superb, so very much in sync with each other.

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Adorable Gillusion
Despite Gill's mishap, still a great routine and very enjoyable. 8/10

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

This is one of my favourite dances.The best moment for me is with Sue at 1.38,though they all are great in this.I hadn't noticed Gill's problems with her top before,but she did handle it well and recovered in time to move to the front at 1.51.I love the song too,and the costumes are good with all the silvery bits in them.Couldn't give this anything less than 10/10.

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

bucksby
I watched this last night on the iplayer (mum was out so I had full access to the tv!) I hadn't watched it for a while so couldn't remember what it was like, but it is a lovely routine for David's best song and I love the outfits very nice! 9 out of 10.

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Suefan
TWAS A RAINY NIGHT

Twas a rainy night in ..... Indianapolis..... and all about was still
Apart from two backstreet walkers and a double-dealer out for a thrill.
When from the hoosier darkness there stepped such a sight to behold,
A troupe of four young dancers, of whom many a tall tale would be told!

There was Patti, all pretty and pouty, and Pauline who lit up the dark night,
There was Gill in her wonky halter, and fair Sue who danced a delight.

But their costumes, whilst sexy and alluring, while skimpy and decidedly hot
Provided little protection, in a climate that was decidedly not.
So next week whilst away for her birthday, instead of presents, and champers, and cake,
One silver lady was tucked up with a Lemsip, and limbs that didn't half ache!

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

Lookmacinanger
Love it great routine, great costumes, great song and I think for some strange reason whether by accident or design the four ladies in silver are a perfect fit with this number. 10/10

Another ten.  That's the ticket.  This dance is sheer quality, unlike my attempt at verse.

Re: SILVER LADY (4 dancers) -- 1977

PattiForPM
Admittedly the Dance is better but the fine Verse from our OFTDs Laureate continues to enhance the site.  I'm glad these ladies continue to inspire SF