SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- [December]

SILVER LADY (six dancers)  Dance number 80 by Legs & Co
Performed by David Soul and reached number 1 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date  26/12/77  Duration of dance --  2.37 mins
Dancers --  Gill, Lulu, Patti, Pauline, Rosie, Sue

Pauline 76            Gill 73
Lulu 75                Sue 73
Rosie 74              Patti 72
A link to the dance http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24pbk2_legs-co-silver-lady-version-2-totp-tx-26-12-1977_creation

   A great tune from 1977, nicely danced once again by Legs. Im not usually a fan of camera gimmickry but i do quite like the central diamond affect here with two of the dancers faces at the top. Cant say im to enamored with the hats and net curtain capes. They look far better in the central diamond with out the capes, wearing those figure hugging silver trousers..
  A really nice moment in the dance is the way they individually approach the camera around the 40 second in mark. But overall for me this one isn't a patch on the dance from earlier in the year when two of the dancers were outstanding to watch. 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Paperboyplod
Another dance routine revisited from earlier in that year for Boxing Day '77, this time previous absentees Lulu & Rosie join in the fun, this has to be the best that I've seen from Legs & Co., certainly up to that point, the song's called Silver Lady, so what better than to dress up all in silver, wearing dresses that are looking almost bridal in style, but alternating that with silver pants, all the while wearing big flowery hats, nice dance moves, there's quite a bit of arm-waving, presumably depicting 'the Indiana wind & rain', & we get some nice close-up's of the girls smiling away there.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

This is another good performance which suffers by comparison as others have stated. The "other" Silver Lady" is the pinnacle of achievement and this doesn't quite measure up for me.  I do love the good close ups we get and those silver pants too but the ladies do look as if they are caught up in your grandmother's lace curtains at times i'm afraid (I kept hoping the lace would fall off and disappear soon)  The "diamond" effect does work quite well but I'd rather the lace curtains and not the silver pants had been the smaller central feature most of the time. Nevertheless it was good to see all six ladies dancing to this so I'll give 7/10

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Suefan
In comparison to the earlier mid western outing this is somewhat more refined as might befit the season of the year.  On the plus side it includes all six girls but it lacks the raw earthy quality of the original so I'm giving it an 8.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

VintageVideos
Oh why oh why those split screens again... just 7 /10 from me.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Old Bill
I'm with VV here - the split screen doesn't work well for me. It was probably a good idea, but it just ends covering up too much of what's supposed to be behind.
At least it does mean that we get too see them sans capes.

But a lovely dance. The close-ups are great. And another song you don't get tired of hearing.

7/10
Jeremiah 31:13
Stu

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Stu
Great song with a nice performance, I like some of the close ups but it does take your attention away from looking at them dance in the centre, so I'm not sure the split screen works here, but still enjoyable stuff.

8/10

Stuey
LNV

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

LNV
It takes patience to appreciate this fully, the more you watch it the better it becomes. The performance given in the central diamond is the one to watch and it is such a pity we did not have a closer view on it. Unencumbered by the net-lace curtain capes Legs & Co perform their hip swivels very agreeably. It’s an assured performance that they give in both parts of the Routine. The close ups are always of interest, to see up close our beauties. Peculiar how it changes as to who is looking their best at these moments. Patti I know from some of her still photographs has fine high cheek boned facial features, much prized in the modelling world and with limpid dark brown eyes that are so invitingly mysterious, a definition of the woman herself, Patti should astound us with her classical beauty or rather me more often than she does. Why is this? Maybe Patti needs an extreme close up as in Chanson’Damour, a visual knockout. Or is her reticence, a reserve that hinders her submerged passion possibly from her Oriental heritage at work here. Patti is the firework that can light up our screens but often I find does not do so, for whatever reason the fuse is stubborn to become lit.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

PattiforPM
I can't fail to defend Patti as you well know LNV.  I think she is better for holding back on occasion and not going full out in every performance as this gives her more depth.  Of course she never fails to look gorgeous but sometimes we are left waiting for her vintage gazes at the camera and facial expressions.  Nevertheless I find Patti is always fascinating whether she is the firework or the flower.  In this Xmas Silver Lady there are some great close ups, including Patti's, but the multiple splits in the screen do rather distract us.  In the other Silver Lady we see the ladies at full throttle with nothing hidden or split and I appreciate it all the more for this.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Suefan
This does make an interesting contrast with the earlier outing, differing of course primarily in the costumes worn and in the inclusion of all six dancers.  Now I've heard it said that this performance would have been better without the overly fussy costumes, in particular those cloaks, flowerpot hats and silver marigold gloves, and from where I'm sitting I'd have to agree, although when up against the girls earlier attire nothing is going to come close.  The inclusion of all six dancers also changes the dynamic of the routine for with relatively less space to work with Flick has chosen to tweak the choreography eliminating most, if not all, of the broader and more expressive moves which are such a feature of the first outing.  Consequently, rather than being transported to the mean streets of Gary on a wet October eve as a gale blows up over Lake Michigan, here we find ourselves spending Boxing Day on the borders of Netherland with the arrival of White Queen expected at any moment.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

JEZ
a very bright and sparkly dance for xmas ,i like this one ,but not as much as the routine earlier in the year ,but its nice to see the 5 girls having another go at this fine number one tune from 1977 ,ill give it an 8

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Doc
This dance had a lot to live up to as the first version was so good, however it didn't hit the same heights. I've probably marked it down because of that, an 8.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

PaulF
Nice routine but not a fan of the split screen. Some nice close-ups  so I give it an 8
Paul

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Andeebee
So that's where the bacofoil went for the Xmas bird, wrapped round 6 other festive Xmas birds.....

Nice routine, Lulu shines, the other 5 are mouthwatering lovely.

Great track from David Soul, not a patch on the first version.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

This routine is no match for the original routine with the four ladies. This time round we have all the ladies. The ladies are wearing white trousers and silver waistcoats. With capes around them selves and on there heads they have silver pillbox hats. And lots of camera tricks are used on this routine. Also this is not as raunchy as the last dance.

The Dotd will after be Sue again.

The score must be 6.5 out of 10.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Adorable Gillusion

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
This is a very good routine although it doesn't seem to have quite as much energy and vitality as the original version. Maybe having a full compliment of 6 dancers meant there was less space available on stage. I am not a fan of the split screen either, but this is still good enough to get 8.5 out of 10.

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Angie
I prefer the routine earlier in the year myself but I do like this.....I like the split screen in this instance too!

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Lookmacinanger
Again another terrific effort to try and rescale the heights that the original version of this routine reached. Costumes looked a little OTT but it was Xmas time so this comparison to the original outfits is a little unfair plus that was top of the charts in the summer. 8/10

Re: SILVER LADY (six dancers) -- 1977

Colm
I like the split screen "two for the price of one" routines, it works well with the song.

Score: 8
12