SOME GIRLS [March]

SOME GIRLS Dance/performance number 157 by Legs & Co
Performed by  Racey   reaching number 2 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date  29/03/79  Duration of song 3.11 mins
Dancers - Gill, Lulu, Pauline, Rosie

Pauline 140
Sue      140
Rosie    137
Patti     136
Gill       133
Lulu      132
A link to the dance http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kc6hj_legs-co-some-girls-version-1-totp-tx-29-03-1979_creation

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE A RATING FOR THIS PERFORMANCE, IVE ONLY INCLUDED IT FOR THE SAKE OF CONTINUITY.
I have to say i love the chemistry (maybe thats to strong a word) between Gill and singer Richard in this, they work well together. As for Rosie, well she towers over Mr Gower as the picture above shows. He was very short wasn't he.

Did i spot `five` band members on stage for Racey in the show ? I always thought they were a four piece.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Paperboyplod
I'll just say this, the ladies are obviously enjoying themselves, & are getting actively involved with Racey's performance, than just looking like spectators, dancing along to the music as Some Girls would do.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Mikey
Those jammy gits, one Legs & Co dancer is not enough?, now they have to have four!.

The songs grown on me a bit thanks to the clips version at Xmas, and this was my first viewing of this version, i thought they could have been brought out sooner though.

Good fun.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Lookmacinanger
Some Girls; Gill, Lulu, Pauline and Rosie obviously will this time, Sue has before and Patti can’t be bothered.

Gill after her experience with Two Man Sound is taking no chances this time, with a nervous looking Richard Gower being kept a close eye on! With a relaxed looking Lulu safely out of the way.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

I think it's a great song,as was their previous mega-hit.I certainly haven'y got sick of hearing them.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

PattiforPM
Yes this is well done.  I can't pretend that Racey were or are my favourite band but they certainly perform songs which suit our ladies and the four dancers do a great job of embellishment here, especially Gill as our host has said.  She really hits the right mix between beauty and comedy here

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Andeebee
Doesn't Rosie sore, and I think Richard Gower had his hands full and at one point almost came eye to eye with Rosie (LOL), nice to see the reverse of Gill having to pick up Richard........just a fun song, and better than lay Your love, this track is their finest moment.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Old Grey Whistler
Racey are a bit of a guilty pleasure . I have to confess to having a couple of their singles on vinyl including this one.
It is nice that the girls could get involved and they seem to be enjoying themselves and enhance the whole performance.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

AC/PD
A glimpse of the tail end of Legs & Co's TOTP tenure, dancing alongside the acts?
Although entering stage right halfway through the song, the foursome project enough stage presence to increase the pleasure of the Racey performance.
Yes, it's amusing to see Gill lift the lead singer, who also makes eye contact with Rosie's breast-plate, but the dancing performance of all four is pleasing enough. they all have a swell time and there's a lovely moment when Pauline and Lulu smile after catching each other's eyes, towards the finish.
Speaking of visual organs, white eye-shadow sales must have been high in March 1979.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

As for Rosie, well she towers over Mr Gower as the picture above shows. He was very short wasn't he.
He is 5.3 ft. "tall" which equals 1.60 m
If I only had one love yours would be the one I'd choose

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Thats his showbiz height . He looks more like 5 foot to me, which equals 60 inches or 1524mm.

(incidentally, in my line of work we only use millimeters. We never talk in metres or centimetres. But quite often folk of a certain age still use the old imperial measurements, just like our American friends still do now)

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Andeebee
So short arse then
Hopelessly Devoted to Sue

Stu

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Stu
Got to agree with Ryan here, we've already established that our girls are quite petite and they tower over this guy. He's five foot tops. Very peculiar height for a bloke. I think it's fair to say that girls rarely go out with a guy smaller than themselves, so in Mr Gower's case I guess most girls won't. Catchy song though and I enjoyed the girls cameo.

Stuey

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

I enjoy all these Racey moments and this is no exception, although it is a shame we have to wait such a long time for the ladies to take to the stage.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Old Bill
What did Racey do in a previous life that was so good that now get our girls on stage with them time and time again??

Anyways, lots of fun and a catchy track. The guitarist and the bassist need take advantage of their good fortune and get some basic dancing instruction while they can I think.

Nice vocals from the towering loveliness of our Rosie. Lulu at the back is still of star of the show though.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Cheers for the comments Andy, much appreciated. Just to say on dances that contain fewer than 5 members of Legs & Co, DOTD is deactivated for those routines.

On certain performances, like this one, i do not ask for a score rating. I will always state this in my intro. So alas i cant include the score you've given.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Those jammy sods Racey are back again, not content with getting Sue up on stage twice for their last single, they've got another four of the girls on this time, only Patti left and that's the lot!  I really like this one, a catchy tune, we get to see the girls, Rosie has a shot at a bit of miming, and everyone seems to be having a great time, what's not to like?

Re: SOME GIRLS [March]

Dancer
A good feel good song.  Always felt it was from the ranks of Mickie Most - something that Kenny or Mud would have released in the mid seventies.  Personally I was not a fan of the song but they did give a good performance and the lead singer played well to the camera.  Felt a little sorry for Rosie in this routine as she is a lot taller than the lead singer and she looks uncomfortable and grinning and bearing it.  A song anyway that has stood the test of time and one that you tend to hear when you walk past an elephant's graveyard pub.