STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Andeebee
Strut your funky stuff indeed. Well I wouldn't, I hated this song with a passion (even when I had requests as a DJ), even now i have to switch it off.

Legs do a top notch but slightly worryingly jerky and oft out of time number (see Pauline at start of routine).

Alot of overlays and swishes of gypsy dresses makes for a confusing 2 mins odd danced to rather flawed disco number.

Lulu by miles is having a ball, hair tossing, eye rolling coupled with Sue's blatant overt sexiness (wow) make this clip passable, not sure I like Rosie's early attempt at a Essex facelift.

Masterpiece of Legs dancing - certainly not, but it isn't the worse I have seen.

Scores on the doors: 7/10

DOTD: by miles the loopy Lulu

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

My score is 8 out of 10 and Lulu is DOTD. If her hair gets much larger it is going to need it's own dressing room!
The girls are looking in relaxed mood as though they were having a night out down the disco, wearing some rather bohemian clobber.  It is pleasing enough but nothing too memorable. Gill might as well have stayed at home as she gets so little camera time. In a routine of this nature it should have been possible to have given everyone a decent close up, so this is really quite disappointing and is largely why I have deducted points.
Stu

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Stu
I think the best routines are when the girls look like they're having lots of fun, and this is definitley one of them. Lulu is clearly having a ball and makes DOTD an easy choice.

9/10

DOTD - Lulu

Stuey

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Mikey
I don't think i've seen Legs and Co looking quite as happy on the dancefloor as they do here, their sheer exhuberence counteracts a pretty ordinary looking studio set, and motionless audience. I like the outfits, rather pheonix shaped with excessive material to freely shake as befits the music. Its a pacey song too, the energy rarely lets up, and the dancing is frantic (or maybe frantique?). This is a group dance, but its well edited to ensure a fairly equal camera time to each of the ladies, but clearly Lulu is leading the way, she sure know how to work the camera when needed, nice one Lulu.

A funky strut wothy of an 8.5/10 and DOTD Lulu

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

PaulF
Good fun high tempo routine. 8/10. Sue's close-ups were lovely but DOTD to the enthusiastic Lulu.
Paul

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Doc
Not bad but somehow doesn't quite hit the spot with me, possibly an effect of the lower quality tape recording 8/10.
Dotd: I actually prefer Sue, Rosie and Pauline over Lulu in this one, a tough one to split but I think Sue just edges it.
Still living in 1979

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Old Bill
Gorgeous Daze: "Does DOTD Lulu actually dance better than the rest? I doubt it, but she's just alive. Bursting with such fun it's palpable and you half imagine she's about to jump out the screen at you! I'm expecting some choice adjectives when OB gets round to this one... "

I'll see what I can do GD... but I'm quaking already. Ryan's grabs have got me all of a fluster. I'm not sure I'm ready for this.

Ok. Deeeeep breath....
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Old Bill
Oooooohhhh! Wasn't that fun?! Funky hunky-dory glorious good times party fun! In fact I think if you were at a Legs & Co party this is what is would be like. The song helps, and I don't think this would've been Flick's most troubling of weeks but results are marvellous. The costumes are interesting, were they left over from the Shuffle design meetings?? But the bouncy-frilliness of them adds to the movement.

Everyone is having a blast and really going for it. Rosie, Sue and Patti all have a few seconds to pout and love the camera but who's that bouncy-hair young blond who is the no.1 funky funster?! Anyone know her name? :-)

Oh Lulululululululululululululuuuuuuu!

I've never seen anyone more alive, exuding fun and smiles and pouts and eyes. Oh to be an alpaca!!
And oh to have this is better quality. But yay to have it at all!

9/10 and after much consideration I've decided to plump for Lulu as DotD.

I need a sit down!
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Love the Lulu collage OB. Just one of those routines where a dancer simply owns a routine and frankly its hard to see how she didn't totally clean up on DOTDs.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Gorgeous Daze
Yes, isn't she just delightful? And it gives me a timely reminder that I miss your collages Ryan. Think of all the joy in Bermuda Triangle. Go on, I know you want to.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Now that's what I call dedication! (In case you haven't done it already, you should really click the above link!)
Play that funky music white boy!

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

PattiforPM
LOL (LUL) I wonder how he decided to stop at 15secs but somehow it's exactly right!

Ha ha indeed! And you must've pondered the title for ages OB.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Old Bill
Agree! Oh well, no accounting for taste...

The collage here owes everything to the subject matter :-) but it does lack the artistry and fancy finishing touches of your own though.
Jeremiah 31:13

The rest of the office started to give me funny looks after 15 seconds! :-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Old Bill
I spend a lot of time pondering that particular word GD! ;-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Surprised they didn't all get up, leave the building in an orderly manner and file slowly into the car-park.

Old Bill wrote
"and after much consideration... "
LOL...faster than a sneeze.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Old Bill
Pauline's Dimples wrote
Surprised they didn't all get up, leave the building in an orderly manner and file slowly into the car-park.

Old Bill wrote
"and after much consideration... "
LOL...faster than a sneeze.
If they only would leave, I'd have more time to get on with the important stuff. Like studiously watching popular dance routines from the late 1970s.

Well, you know - sneezes can sometimes tease and tickle for sometime. But you're right - it didn't take me long! :-)
Jeremiah 31:13
123