STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Lookmacinanger
Frantique, just about covers it for me. High energy disco track, the clear camera position and those costumes, although appearing at first to be quite elaborate, they do appear to be ideal for dancing. Lulu has had a word with camera crew again (it's been suggested this has happened before) and they seem to be obediently following her every move.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Who's That Hurll
The costumes do seem rather dated for 1979; they look more like something from ten years earlier, although some have an added revealing twist. The tempo remains high throughout and the girls give us their best funky struts, however the moves are largely individualistic, with less interaction than some routines.
Patti steals Lulu's thunder at the start by singing a few hooks and this must have sparked Lulu into full DOTD mode, as she seeks out the limelight and parades her flamboyant wispy blonde locks.
8.25/10 and DOTD Lulu.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

What a fantastic energetic routine this is, i absolutely love it, and the record too.  It certainly does look like our girls are out on the town, maybe wearing their own clothes for this, and definitely having a fantastic time, especially Lulu who for me steals the show in this performance. Just a pity the footage didn't get the BBC 4 treatment.

Rating 10/10

DOTD Lulu

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

MADMAX
Don't think I've heard this song before, or this group, no loss there! The routine is a lively affair, which had the girls move it but they seemed to be having fun, with big smiles on their faces. Got to see all the girls even though the setting was a little on the dark side. For me, its the girls that made this one  8.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Dancer
I have always been a fan of Philadelphia music both in 7" form and extended and/or remixed but this track never really did anything for me.  Maybe because it was a departure from Gamble and Huff but I always switch it off or skip it when it comes on.  Irrespective it was obvious this tune would be a Legs & Co routine and they did very well on this.  Loved Sue's outfit and loved the moves but for some reason the one who performed the best was Lulu.  She seemed to be enjoying herself the most in this song.  Lulu gets best dancer and the routine gets nine out of ten.

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Been looking for some nice quality footage of the three Frantique girls performing GYFS for ages. The TOTPs footage on YT is okay, but not as good as this thats been added today on the YT TOPPOP channel. I think this is a seriously good disco song, one i liked back then and also now. Just how sexy do these women look in their tight disco pants, one even has a look of Patti ! Anyway, all we need now is quality footage of the actual dance routine from Legs.

Click, watch and enjoy and go back to the wonderful autumn of 1979.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYriBuiWdiM

Re: STRUT YOUR FUNKY STUFF [September]

Gorgeous Daze
Yes the lady in red does bear some similarity to Patti. No disrespect, but she's no rival in attractiveness, personality or moves though. Nice clip to watch nevertheless, don't think I've seen Frantique before. They provide another lesson for today's generation in how to look sexy, not trashy.