SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

JEZ
Hello sue ,i havent bothered you with any questions for a while ,but could you help me out again ,PLEASE ,Ive read that you were introduced on totp on the 16/5/74 on louises final totp performance ,can you remember seeing pans dance to r dean taylors theres a ghost in my house whilst you were in the studio that night ,id just like it confirming it was that song that louise departed on ,also in a newspaper article over on panspeople .com dated on 23 may 74 its says you were to make your debut that night ,now i know there was some kind of strike that was called then and your first perfomance was 2 weeks later ,but can you remember the song that you originally rehearsed to that should have been shown on the 23rd of may ,obviously it went out of the window ,unless summer breeze had hit the charts in may ,anyway if you get the chance or can remember anything about it i would be extremley gratefull ,as i always am with your replies ,many thanks from jezza

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

Sue Menhenick
Hello Jez....how are you ? Its good to see you posting back here on OFTDs, you seemed to have disappeared for a while. In answer to your question about Louises last performance, Im pretty sure that it was "Theres a ghost in my house" as I remember coming to reheasals during Louises last few weeks to work with the girls and that was the number that we all worked on for her last show.....I was rehearsing with them to start getting some experience so obviously I didnt actually appear in the routine for the show. Also my first appearance was only ever meant to be an introduction, and not a routine as that was Louises last show.  And yes, there were then strikes for the next couple of weeks, and to be honest,I dont think Flick was even given routines to do for those 2 weeks..... the strike was pretty much at a stand off,and was not expected to be settled quickly. So my time was spent working more closely with Flick and the girls..... I remember learning the PP cabaret act during that time, and starting to get to know everyone better , there also seemed to be photo sessions and interviews that were done to cover the change of line up. Then, as you know, Isley Brothers and "Summer Breeze" was my first show, followed later by Elton Johns first release of "Dont let the sun come down on me". Then if memory serves me, the strikes started on and off again.

                                   Best....    Sue Menhenick.

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

Hi Sue, after your second performance `Dont Let The Sun Go Down On Me` there was a 7 week strike lay off. It must have been very frustrating for you so soon into your Pans People stint. Or maybe during that 7 weeks you were able to hone your skills even more before you started back dancing to my favourite PP dance, `When Will I SeeYou Again` quite an apt title noting the long lay off.

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

Sue Menhenick
Hi Ryan..... very good play there on the song titles! I remember that year for the strikes really well.... and when it meant my first routine was postponed, it just added to my "nerves" when I did get to do my first show..... a real wind up !
                                       Best.....   Sue Menhenick

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

JEZ
Hi sue ,im good thank you ,hope you are well and a very happy new year to you ,once again i cant thank you enough for the help you have given me ,but who better to ask about pans people routines than a pans person themselves ,i feel extremley privelidge to have you help me out on the pans database ,i was pretty sure it was the r dean taylor number that louise bowed out with ,but its much more accurate when someone can confirm it that was there ,i dont think i must have watched totp on the edition where you danced to summer breeze ,because i can definitley remember the routine of dont let the sun go down on me and either thinking or saying ,theres a new girl in pans people and it was definitley the elton john song you and pans were dancing to at the time ,do you happen by any chance to remember pans dancing to the sound of philadelphia by mfsb ,it would have been broadcast 1week before louise left ,and you probably would have been at rehearsals with the girls ,if you do remember pans dancing this song then that is another entry for 1974 ,finally sue if any songs that you remember watching pans dance to in 72 73 and early 74 before you joined spring to mind ,please let us know ,i am very keen to fill in a lot of the missing gaps on the database ,once again thank you for your help

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

Hi Sue and a happy new year.  If I can muscle in on Jez's thread with another Pans related question.
Other than when the five of you Tangoed with Mick Robertson or Summertime Citied with Mike Batt can you recall any other Pans dances with the singer on stage with you all?  And leading on from that what, if any, were the criteria behind such occasions?

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

Sue Menhenick
Happy New Year  SueFan, (I suppose you and your familly were building sand men in the heat and cooling down with balloon rides!) Alright for some !!
As to other PP backing routines..... there may well have been some...... need to have a ponder over this...will get back to you on that one if I may ?
                                           Regards Sue

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

JEZ
Dont forget about that TSOP song as well sue ,i need to add a few more to 1974 routine list

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

Cheers Sue, please ponder for as long as you need.  No sand castles for us this year as we joined my sister here in good old Blighty for the festivities and it's been a bit on the blowy side for any ballooning.

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

Sue Menhenick
Hi Jez..... I am pretty positive that TSOP track was a PP routine as I vaguely remember Flick playing it during reheasals...be interesting to find out the dates it was broadcast on the show....would have been a couple of times at least as it was in the charts a while.

                                              Best Sue

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

JEZ
yes that great sue another definite pp routine to add ,dont worry about the date ,ive got that sorted ,it would have been the 9th of may 74 ,it was used as the chart run down on the begining of the show on the 2nd may the week pans daned to i cant stop and listed again as a disc entry the following week the 9th ,this will be the date pans danced a routine to the record ,thank you once again for the info ,i shall now include this to the routine list of 74

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

JEZ
Hi sue if you read this did you get a chance to have a think about that disco tex song ,get dancin ,i know you danced to his other chart song i wanna dance with choo ,and i know they sort of sound the same ,but do you reckon pans could have done a routine to get dancin on the show as ive listed the sha la la by al green record ,get dancin was the only other song on that edition to be listed as disc entry as well as the al green one ,or do you think you could have had a week off that week of totp ,cheers

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

JEZ
SUEFAN ,when you get back from your hols if you read this ,did you manage to ask your friend over xmas if she could recall any more pp routines ,cheers mate

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

Suefan
Hi Jez, I'm afraid while the first answer is a yes the second was a no.  Between us we have about exhausted what the old memory banks contain.

Re: SUE ,LOUISES DEPARTURE

JEZ
Hi suefan , no problems thanks anyway mate ,good to see you back
JEZ