Quantcast

SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

This quiz will be a simple case of identifying a routine from the three routines pictures on-screen. Each of the pictures will have photo effects done to them, but they are not to difficult.

Players are only allowed to identify one of the pictures.

Its all the usual format with regards to times. 3 minutes are allowed before i post the solutions.

As for points scoring, well 3 people have a chance to score the maximum 2 points on each round for being the quickest to solve correctly. All other slower correct answers score a single point.

You may have noticed the quiz title `The final one` and thats exactly what this quiz is, the final quiz that i shall host. Nothing lasts forever and i feel that this is the correct time to pull the plug on it. To be honest ive not really enjoyed the last few weeks, not helped by a certain circumstance thats beyond my control and im not prepared to produce quizzes that are no longer enjoyable to host.

In the six years of the OFTDs discussion forum, i reckon ive produced and hosted around 250 quizzes. At the very start they were general knowledge based, but the decision to make them primarily TOTPs dancer based was i feel the correct move. My main aim was to provide entertainment for members here and hopefully also to help educate some of the newer guys on our subject. I hoped ive achieved both those aims.

Some of those quizzes will last long in the memory, we had some brilliant nights of chat and banter in amongst the questions. You only has to cast your minds back to that great night in December 2011 when we had the Ryan/Sue production, i mean nothing could top that. There were also the very occasional bad quiz moments, which maybe its best to erase from the memory banks.

Thanks to everyone who played along, especially my regulars. A special mention to my buddy Sueforever who played every week since we reverted to dancer/dancing quizzes.

As for any future quizzes, well folk can produce and host the odd one if they so wish, say for example one Sunday month. But i do not want it to be a regular weekly fixture again. That idea, very much my brainchild has basically had its day. Well now you know the score, see you tomorrow evening hopefully for one final time then.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

Ryan, just to say big thanks for all those epic Saturday night quizes, i enjoyed it all, even the anagram stuff . Like you say the chat made it all the more worthwhile and the good natured competitive spirit we had was an important part.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

AC/PD
I fully concur with Mikey's comment.
How appropriate that the curtain's brought down on an OFTD 'star feature' in the same week when Legs & Co. exited stage right.
Ryan, how you managed to produce so many quizzes on such a regular basis over the years is both amazing and praiseworthy. It's clear to see how much time and effort you took in compiling them...and that's BEFORE the addition of some rather complicating special effects over pictures to scupper easy identification.
Thank you, 'Magnus'.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

Thanks so much for all your work Ryan.  You have kept our minds spinning for many happy years with these quizzes and there have certainly been loads of highlights.  Sorry to see this fine feature ending but perhaps it's good to quit while you're ahead as you say.  Unfortunately I'm traveling tomorrow and won't be online so I have to wish you all well for tomorrow and wonder who will be the Final Champ??

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

There can be no more appropriate time to use our current buzzword coined by the man himself: your work as quiz compiler and master over the years has been truly behemothic, Ryan. As AC says the quality of your picture preparation is first-rate and it possibly hasn't been appreciated as much as it might have been in among the heat of competition and quick-fire chat and banter. A big thank you for the many many hours of entertainment.

A shame in a way that it's ending, but I expect that just like TOTP itself it won't completely go away and I look forward to the occasional one-off.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

I'd also like to express my thanks for so many fine quizzes you put together. In my own perception, 2015 was the best year we had for the quizzes with many many fun nights, even when there were just 4 or 5 of us participating. You always came up with new ideas and often stunning images.
I am sorry that you didn't enjoy hosting the quizzes any more during the past weeks (which, in turn, so I believe, lead to much less fun and banter than we had before), and even though I might surmise the 'circumstance' that you are referring to, I feel sad that the quiz is coming to an end as, in my point of view, that means the end of an era on OFTD's.

You certainly achieved your aims with the quizzes, and all that took part will surely not forget them.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

This is the day I was dreading  I have thoroughly enjoyed these picture quizzes and it will be sad to see the weekly quiz go. I will be looking forward to future quizzes and will look forward to them. Thank you Ryan for hosting these quizzes every week (well except my attempt that turned into a disaster ) and I think you deserve an MBE for huge contributions to the forum with your brilliant quizzes.
Thank You RYAN MBE

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

Thanks Ryan for all the years of quizzing fun.  As well as providing a platform for live banter, it really helped me to improve my knowledge of the dances, particularly the earlier ones that I hadn't seen on the television.
It must have taken a lot of your time to compile them though, and if the enjoyment has gone then it is definitely time to stop.
I would also like to say to Legsfan that I enjoyed playing his quiz and it was certainly not a disaster.

This whole week has felt like the end of an era, but I feel that this forum is still in good shape with new members having joined recently, and I think we still have a good future ahead of us.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

As the lad said you have done a great job Ryan. I have enjoyed always taking part in the quiz. As I've always said it keeps my Brain active. And the wonderful banter with the lads. So I will be there tomorrow night Ryan for the last time. I must say you are right there Ryan/Sue quiz was brilliant.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the quiz, i much appreciate the comments. I hope to see a few of you later, one last time then for the final one .

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

Mikey
Does this start at 8pm?

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

It would be great if the last ever one had lots of players.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

Yep 8pm start, 3 minutes for answers.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

Hello Everybody for last time.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

VintageVideos
Good evening!

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

sueforever wrote
Hello Everybody for last time.
LOL, hello S4E.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

A gentle start.

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

Lookmacinanger
evening all

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

It's Been So Long

Re: SUNDAY evening pic quiz (29/05/16) - The final one.

Its only love