SUPERTROUPE 2012--THE OUTCOME

    Hi all. Weve not had a Vote thread for a while so i thought id revamp an old one from 2011. This time last year i asked you post a list of 6 dancers and 1 reserve dancer to create your own `Fantasy Supertroupe`. It would also be fun to name the song you would like them to dance to and the host of the show who would announce them. This would make it your very own fantasy 3 minutes on TOTPs. So this is what id like you to do ----.

    In order of preference, please post your 6 dancers and 1 reserve, the name of the song you want them to dance to and the host of the show who will announce them. All the dancers must be from TOTPs, so no HG for example. I will then award points for each dancer in my usual system and hopefully we will get a close run thing. If we get different songs, i will decide on the one i like best, but we may get an outright winner on that. In last years vote, we only got about 6 votes on this as the forum was quite new, so id like to think we could get over ten this time.

   So the results from 2011. This was the final table--I didnt do the song or host thing last year so that will be a new thing for 2012. How will this table change after your votes for this year and will it have new dancers in it 12 months on ?

 1st--Patti--36 points
  2nd--Gill--32 points
  3rd--Lulu--27 points
  4th --Sue-- 25 points
  5th--Mary--20 points
  6th--Cherry 16 points
  1st res--Louise 15 points.

So to kick us of, here is my selections for 2012. Remember to put your list in prefered choice order.

Sue--circa 1980 ( loved her look even more then, she would lead the line for me )
Lulu--circa 1976 ( Her youthful charm would enhance my troupe )
Patti--circa 1976 ( liked her hair back then, so bouncy! She would be able to handle any dance )
Cherry--circa 1975 ( Everyone loves Cherry and im no exception, good dancer too )
Louise --circa 1973 ( Id have Louise in for her sexy looks )
Mary --circa 1975 ( another young cutey, gee whizz my troupe are such good lookers )

Gillian --circa 1979 ( unlucky to be on subs bench, but would do a good job if required )

   So the dance. Its got to be to `Down Down` by Status Quo. I can barely remember Pans doing this back in the day and i can only imagine how my fantasy troupe would fare dancing to it. Who would i like to host it, well i will plump for good old Jimmy, as he would make a big deal of how sexy my dancing troupe were.

   Please give this ago fellow forum members, it will be fun to see how it `pans` out. If enough of you vote after say 5 votes i will post the leaderboard. Im looking for at least ten of you to have a go at this, thanks.

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

JEZ
by gum ryan this is seems even harder this jan than it did last jan ,im gonna have to have a good think about this ,i might even include the gojos and the TSD,s in mine ,have we got to include a routine this year ,i dont remember doing that last year ,leave it with me to have a good ol think about my supertroupe

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

Legs
I dream about this one almost daily, have no hesitation in putting forward;

Sue       c. 1978 - Strident and demanding at the front of lineup. Known her name & adored since precisely that year.
Flick      c. 1970 - Flying Hair, fierce freestyling and a solo spot
Patti      c. 1977 - Frequent and exuberant facial expressions/close-ups with really tonged hair
Lulu       c. 1977 - Pre-perm, singing along and making the odd saucy look to camera/us
Babs      c. 1973 - Being Babs. Preferably in a chunky two-piece hooped bikini
Dee Dee c. 1970 - Big hair & bang on

Reserve - Louise c. 1974 - In Concert/Buddy Miles style outfit and hair

Song must be Godiego 'Monkey Magic' from 1978. Should have been a hit nearly went Top 50 in 1980. Fast & frantic it would feature lots of high kicks, high heels, midriffs and even a slow bit in the middle to writhe on the floor to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe9NlmejFHs

The host has to be Jimmy Savile, the best presenter and personality TOTP ever had
lovely legs

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

WELL DONE LEGS--NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

OK I'm in.  Here's my team for 2012;

1.  Patti c.1980 a la "Sexy Eyes"
2.  "Vidal Sassoon" Sue (sorry Ruth's Mom)
3.  "Foot Stompin'" Cherry c.1975
4.  Gill c.1978 a la "Supernature"
5.  Lulu c.1979 a la "Strut Your Funky Stuff"

Reserve is Louise c.1973 a la "Nutbush City Limits"

This unbeatably hot and supremely talented team will be dancing to "Don't Push It" by Leon Haywood and you will all be as relieved as I was that Patti found that little black mini-dress so missed first time around.  Sorry Rosie and Pauline, you were next on the list but we need that wonderful mustard-coloured dress for Cherry please Pauline.

Presenting DJ honours have to go to Kid Jensen who gives the ladies the right mix of respect and wonder for me.

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

Great stuff PattiforPm, just one problem, your a dancer short. This year our supertroupe as got 6 dancers and 1 reserve. So if you want to promote Louise into your team, you need to find another dancer to sit on your subs bench. So that great routine you picked will have an extra girl in a short dress for us to look at then, sounds good to me.

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

JEZ
Heres mine i think for 2012

1 ,LULU -1980 style as in you gave me love ,love the hairstyle up
2,CHERRY -1974 circa as in homely girl routine
3,SUE -1980 as in you gave me love ,sue didnt often wear her hair up but i think it looked good on this routine
4,RUTH -No line up could be complete without ruths facial expressions and mouthing along to the words of certain songs also i think ruth was a very talented dancer 1973 style as in the routine love on a mountain top ,hair looks great with a bit of a wave
5,DEE DEE -excellent dancer and personality ,1975 style as in the routine one of those nights
6,BABS -im sorry but there is no way i could leave babs out of this troupe ,her blonde hair and occasional slip ups lol made pans people line up unique ,1971 style as in jeepster

reserve ,i think im gonna have to choose ,pauline and louise ,i dont seem to ever recall pauline going wrong on any routines ,also her warm smile and facial expressions were classic throughout ,1981 long hair style and louise for her come to bed eyes as in without you 1972 style
The song to be danced by all of them is the one from 1973 Smarty Pants by first choice ,i can only  remember certain bits of this routine done by pans originally ,so it would be nice to see this new troupe interprate the song

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

What a dipstick I am.  I got so into the "Don't Push It" idea I forgot the rules.  Please add 1973 Louise to the First Team Ryan and Rosie c.1978 a la Supernature gets promoted to the Bench.

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

      Cool stuff, thats 4 votes. Right all you lot, i want your votes. LNV, i hope to see your list with Rosie as team captain, so to speak. Col,BeautifulBabs,Angie,Doublday your other targets for me on this one, i hope you will vote also. Relatively new users like SECF,Boogiebox,Doc,SuPaLu,Benja,Andy,Angie,RFTK,Rep,Paulines Dimples your votes on this are what i need, please have a crack at this.
      All you have to do is list your dancers, not to bothered about discribing why youve choosen them, thats optional. In fact any users out there, just post your list on here. Im after at least 10 votes, wonder if i will get them ?

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

Dave
Heres my choice Ryan.  The song I would love to have seen these girls do is Phil Collins   " Against all odds..Take a look at me now..."  and my chosen Supertroupr 2012 would be:
1, Sue
2.Louise
3. Patti
4. Cherry
5. Mary
6. Lulu

(And on the bench would be Gill.)  The 6 ladies were all very emotive dancers, and with a song like this ,I can just see this as being a very sensual routine.
BTW Ryan,that picture of Sue you put up today on the pictures thread is stunning ! She really is beautiful.     Dave.

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

Hi Dave, thanks for your vote. Yes the pic is so great isnt it, im a lucky man to be able to recieve such goodies. She is a stunningly beautiful lady.

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

Well as promised after 5 votes, heres the latest positions. Im not going to put the actual totals down just yet, just the dance troupe as it stands.

Troupe captain    -- Sue
reserve captain   -- Patti
3rd postion         -- Lulu
4th position        -- Cherry
5th position        -- Louise
6th position        -- Gillian

1st reserve         -- Flick.

*****  PLEASE KEEP VOTING  *****

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

Dave
Sorry, only a minor point....cant decide if the song should be "Take a look at me now " or maybe even Phil Collins "One more night "....definitely my choice of the 6 ladies though !         Dave.

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

Dave who will be the host of your show ?

I think that I too would pick Kid Jenson..... the others talk too much or would crack inane jokes and ruin the moment for me.            Dave.
LNV

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

LNV
This post was updated on .
After much pondering, dithering and too much mental strain than is good for me, after all this just a 'bit of fun' right? Here is my Dance Troupe 2012:

Rosie {A solid performer who has the quiet strength of a leader} – Sir Duke
Lulu {Charming and just the most huggable of the lot} – What’s On Your Mind
Mary {Provides a swan like serenity to routines) – There’s A Kind of Hush
Sue {The chief soloist and first dancer of the troupe} – Black Betty
Gill {Can equal Patti or Louise with smouldering looks to camera, like ice on fire, a cool beauty.) – Heart of Glass
Babs {There is always a sense of fun and good humour about her which is often overlooked} – Foot Stompin’ Music

Dee Dee – Reserve {Elegant and good technically, a dancer you can depend on for a surefooted performance.}

It has not been an easy task but I have mixed and matched my selection until I have finally chosen my girls so they would be a truly harmonious fit visually, a dancing ensemble that possibly lacks members who would give a sharp contrast to one another but nevertheless provides a uniform identity and meld together seamlessly.

The Routine: You Should Be Dancing, to see six girls perform this exclusively, it would be SO INTERESTING.

The Presenter/DJ: Peter Powell. A nice levity to his introductions, enthusiastic and respectful about the dancers (Legs & Co obviously) Are this new formation to be known under that name still?

Shock horror! I have left out Patti but have chosen the routine were she gave a dynamite performance for the Dance Troupe to perform, I wonder if my chosen dancers could give as good a performance as Patti did?

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

Thanks for voting LNV, interesting how youve ommited Patti. I think Babs might have been puffing and panting a bit dancing to `You Should be Dancing` though.

 PLEASE EVERYBODY ELSE, INCLUDING SOME OF YOU QUIZ PLAYERS, HAVE A GO AT VOTING, WEVE HAD 6 SO FAR, I NEED AT LEAST 4 MORE VOTES.

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

PattiforPM
Omit Patti !!!!

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

After LNVs vote this is the updated 2012 Fantasy supertroupe as it stands, again ive left out the scores.

Troupe captain--- Sue
reserve captain--- Lulu
3rd                 --- Patti
4th                 ---Cherry
5th                 ---Louise
6th                 ---Gillian
1st reserve      --- Mary

KEEP ON VOTING FOLKS

Re: VOTE HERE !!! Supertroupe 2012

Doubleday
I think preferences are conditioned heavily by which troupe you grew up watching, and in my case it's Pan's. So at the risk of outraging one or more forumites, my pick would be:-

1 - Sue
2 - Louise
3 - Cherry
4 - Dee Dee
5 - Rosie
6 - Lulu

Reserve - Patti

Dance - I think the elusive Green River

Presenter - don't know ... maybe one of those guest presenters they used to get ... but not Donny
12345