SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Doc
Thanks, I've copied it complete to that section.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

 - obsolete -

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Doc
I quoted Altar Rock as I've seen it incorrectly called this.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

mojo2007
I assume you will not include Keep Fit, I love 1974 and similar items. Will you include anything by Dee Dee'S Pans People, eg Love for sale on Benny Hill ?

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

PattiForPM
Pans People on the Jack Jones Show:

20th Jan 1974:  1.  Brief Intro         2.  Life is What You Make It pt2        3.  Girl Talk (with Jack)

27th Jan 1974:  1.  Brief Intro         2.  Do Me Wrong but Do Me (with Jack)         3.  Wave

3rd Feb 1974:   1.  Brief Intro         2.  Willow Weep for Me

10th Feb 1974: 1.  Brief Intro         2.  Music Box (not sure of music title)   3. I've Got Beginner's Luck (with Dana)

  I don't know the title of the intro pieces (which are all different) and I don't know the music box official title either.  Note also that Wave and Willow Weep for Me performances are identical to the Pans People in Concert versions.  Hope this helps Doc

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

I'm going to try and keep it to things they did whilst they were still dancers.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Yes that helps, I'm assuming the that the PP in concert numbers were the same footage.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Legs and Co's Jim'll fix it appearance was to 'Take a Chance on Me'.
Perhaps it might be worth mentioning that it was 'Night Fever' that Legs danced to/ assisted on The Generation Game'.
As previously queried on the thread, are you including Dee Dees Pans People? If so, then they appeared on  the 3-2-1 'Cabaret' episode in 1981, with Anita in attendance.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Doc
It's borderline but if it includes one of the ladies that appeared on TOTP it's probably worth adding.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

These Pans also survive from one or other of the Bobbie Gentry shows:
Good Day Sunshine
Country Medley
Barefooting
Twenties Tap Dancing Number b/w
Montego Bay b/w

Another survivor is the Knokke Television Awards show from 1971 when Pans appeared with Lance Legault, broadcast 01/10/71 b/w

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Who's That Hurll wrote
Legs and Co's Jim'll fix it appearance was to 'Take a Chance on Me'.
Perhaps it might be worth mentioning that it was 'Night Fever' that Legs danced to/ assisted on The Generation Game'.
As previously queried on the thread, are you including Dee Dees Pans People? If so, then they appeared on  the 3-2-1 'Cabaret' episode in 1981, with Anita in attendance.
Legs & Co also appeared on Jim`ll Fix It in 1980. Dancing their animal costumed `Jazz Carnival` whilst a young lad (whos fix-it it was) directed proceedings from the gantry.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

the routine for Cilla black is a slade track I think - you may wish to add the following surviving non recent interviews

WOGAN WITH JOHNATHAN ROSS (BBC1), 18 May 1990

DIGGING THE DANCING QUEENS (BBC1) 04 January 1994

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

VintageVideos
BeautifulBabs wrote
the routine for Cilla black is a slade track I think
it's
Wizzard - Ball Park Incident

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

mojo2007
Are all  the Jack Jones and Bobbie Gentry items available anywhere ?
mojo

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Doc
One of the Bobbie Gentry tracks could be seen on the BBC motion gallery previews, unfortunately now Getty Images run the archive they seem to have done away with them. After we can't have people watching stuff for free can we. 2 of the Jack Jones ones have appeared on the blog front page in the last few weeks.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

mojo2007 wrote
I assume you will not include Keep Fit, I love 1974 and similar items. Will you include anything by Dee Dee'S Pans People, eg Love for sale on Benny Hill ?
I'll probably keep it to performances by the original dancers.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

BeautifulBabs
16 Feb 1976 is Blue Peter date of transmission

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

BeautifulBabs
clunk click was between 02 February 1974 and 27 April 1974.
i dont have the exact date to hand

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

I have the Jack Jones stuff Mojo and will send to YMG for posting on here

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

As far as I know the Bobbie G shows are still in the BBC archive.