SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

VintageVideos
Yes ABC is the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

PattiForPM
In the Pans book it suggests that the slightly less fancy Bournemouth was the contentious Beat Girls destination at this time

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey wrote
Doc wrote
3 appearances on Dig We Must 21/12/66 (unsure as they're disguised)
I believe this is an Australian show, they even have "Melbourne" on the title board. Probably not our Beat Girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wZa9EG9xE
It's deleted.
Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

VintageVideos
No it isn't.
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Doc
Yes it is, the line in the post that is!

Oh I see LOL I thought you were referring to the video.
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
Here is an episode of The Hot Shoe Show, not great quality as its from an old tape. I think the date of this would be 23-12-84, as there was no Xmas show the previous year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855A1escolg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddtGUaH5k2A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HoOxD9JR8Q

Cherry realises she has to share a dressing room with Bonnie Langford

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
Here are a few more Cherry clips courtesy of Bill Drysdale again. Probably from the Hot Shoe Show.

Sailors - a clearer copy of the one previously posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Nb8x1FWtg

Harem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge6g6CtTBJ0

Me & My Shadow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65JRUmHXu8

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

More Cherry

Hot Shoe Show

Right Now - Cherry in White
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKeplshCD7Y

Lets Say - Cherry in Blue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwE7AzltzFw

Holding Out for a Hero - Bit busy this one, and some are wearing masks, I think Cherry has the purple mask
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwa7xw_DjyI

Eat - A more familiar one, Cherry dons a fat suit and raps in an American accent, weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ1-FCatQLs

Why? - 60s style, Cherry sings her single
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bln80lNwkoQ

This trailer has a better quality picture and also a small clip of another dance (probably the intro)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-5ma_wf6s

Others

Cherry appearing in a short documentary about the making of the video to Enya's Carribean Blue (1991)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpCOEbMmAAQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtH484mpQGU

This one is more of a mystery, there is no info as to the performances and some Kate Bush songs have been dubbed on hence 'Bush Ballets' i guess, although would be nice if the original source was mentioned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJg__7R8tU

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

sueforever
Just watched the Bush Ballets, might interest you Mikey. That the partner in the second routine she does. Is no other that Antony Van Last. The man that worked with Kate on her first tour in 79.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Doc
The 1976 Jethro Tull TV Special, Cherry appears about 10 mins in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCCmC0XgaE
Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Thats a good ID there Sueforever, i never would have got that, thanks.

It looks like the songs in the clip were

And So Is Love (1993)
Moments of Pleasure (1993)
The Morning Fog (1985)

Anthony Van Laast has a lengthy list of work on IMDB including Nutcracker (1982), but according to Genome he was the main choreographer for the Hot Shoe Show (yes back to that again) so this is perhaps the most likely source.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
As luck would have it i found another clip, although not Cherry it has the ending of the painting scene before it and the transition to the next one, so that clip is definitely Hot Shoe Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObbhnyO0vkE

Using the dancer names listed in the clip, i can date this as 3-7-83, as only appearance.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Interesting recording date, the last few weeks of Pans People. I wonder if she was freestyling a bit.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
Here's a clip of Dee Dee on "The Supersizers Go Seventies" broadcast in 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqPT4yDkDtk

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
More Cherry, 25-12-84 (ITV)

Also Wowfabgroovy 13-04-97, team captain on a quiz (Channel 5)

No clips of either

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
Are you still updating these Doc?

Cherry appeared on the Morecambe and Wise show 25th September and 5th October 1983.

Eventually!
Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
Here's Babs on Jarvis Cockers TV Pop Rules!

https://youtu.be/Y0Hatdru2xk?t=1706

Picture is pretty good but the sound has been muted (grrr). Babs has some interesting photos, like this one of the beat girls although they only show part of it (grrr again).

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Willoway
This post was updated on .
We do briefly get the full BG picture though much smaller, it's inverted in the screencap I've posted (we know your screencap isn't as the names read correctly)

In your picture, left to right, it's Ann, Babs, Zooks, Ruth, with Lyn's arm left in. Making the assumption it's the 'classic' line up from Zooks' time, then in my screencap it's Jenny, Lyn, Ruth, Zooks, Babs, Ann L-R.

BTW, excellent avatar Mikey, I guess you got that from the slightly larger pic in the Purbeck Gazette.
...is she really going out with him?