SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Doc
The 3rd one doesn't give a date and the 4th one is beyond 2000 so wouldn't be listed here. I look at putting the other two in though.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
Hi Doc, if you click the Information option on display options it shows all the details for the show including original broadcast date. I wasn't aware of the 2000 cut off date.

They have some of the Cherry shows too like Metal Mickey, wonder if you can just turn up and watch them

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

saintsray
Just to confirm - as said before, but with more info - this exists:-
16mm b/w telerecording.

""BBC_LNF5025J
THE GOLDEN SEASWALLOW OF KNOKKE AWARDS - 1971:LANCE LEGAULT AND PAN'S PEOPLE
Transmission date: 14 Aug 1971 ""

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
Something a bit random this time, i noticed one of the videos posted by the user SwellMusik contained the 'Jail Bait' performance which was on the blog once upon a time. This copy however looks somewhat better than the one i have from the original blog, see below to compare and contrast, blog copy on the right. However Swell are only using the footage to accompany their own music and so the picture is cropped and the music has been replaced but it is the full performance as i ran the two side by side just to check. Its a shame a decent copy is no longer available or on YT in its own right as despite the dubious lyrics i think this is a fun performance from the post TOTP days.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Has anyone come across this Ruby Flipper reference before?

The Mighty Wurzels in the Heart of the West, broadcast 24-12-76

http://collections-search.bfi.org.uk/web/Details/ChoiceFilmWorks/150634691

Seems to exist at the BFI in several formats. Flick is listed as the Choreographer so must be correct.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

AC/PD
Yes, Mikey.
It's been mentioned and investigated on more than a few occasions with no previous success.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
Thanks AC/PD, i just found a thread Jez made about it back in 2011, strange nothing much has surfaced since then.

I may do a trip to the BFI later this summer if i can find other bits of interest i can watch on the same visit, although not sure 25 minutes of the Wurzels would be high on my priorities

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

JEZ
Yes mikey I do recall sue saying on one of the threads that ruby flipper did perform on the wurzels show ,but I dont think we ever found out what members of the group actually performed on the show , I would imagine if it was shown at xmas 1976 ,then it possibly was recorded some weeks beforehand,not long after ruby flipper disbanded ,so possibly could have featured most of the original dancers .

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

VintageVideos
As we all know, the name Ruby Flipper was used for performances outside of TOTP, so it may well have included the Legs & Co dancers with a couple of the guys, similar to what was used on German TV in 1977.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

JEZ wrote
Just distaff Flippers.

AC/PD
Oh, you've got it!

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey
Just found a few clips from an old documentary so far, but looks like Sue, Patti and Lulu involved. Not really enough to determine what the extent of it was i guess.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Wow, great stuff. Is the underage Lulu really sampling the Scrumpy i ask myself ? Keep on digging Mikey to find out more on this. Anything new with Ruby Flipper around this time is a real bonus.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

PattiforPM
Well met Mikey.  Looks as if the Wurzels wanted drinking buddies and preferred ladies

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Bit difficult to say Ryan, perhaps they weren't so fussed back then about those things, or it could be just juice in them mugs.

The doc starts here for anyone interested

https://youtu.be/76dewfRXpYA?t=1508

Here's one i missed of Sue and mug o' zider, oo arr oo arr

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

AC/PD
Drinking until the end.
Sue cer'unly loiks 'er coider

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

JEZ
Great find mikey ,we know now that at least it was 3 of the original ruby flipper girls

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Just noticed something on the dates for the Pans entries on the first page of this thread. How freaky and coincidental that Beat Beat Beat 1968, German Eurovision 1970, Clunk Click interviews 1974 and Blue Peter 1976 all have the same date, February the 16th.

Just saying thats all.

Re: SURVIVING APPEARANCES AWAY FROM TOTP

Mikey wrote
Has anyone come across this Ruby Flipper reference before?

The Mighty Wurzels in the Heart of the West, broadcast 24-12-76

http://collections-search.bfi.org.uk/web/Details/ChoiceFilmWorks/150634691

Seems to exist at the BFI in several formats. Flick is listed as the Choreographer so must be correct.

I've added this to the Ruby Flipper 2 section as they must have done more than just sit in the audience for the show.
Good to see Lloyd back!
1 ... 1415161718