SUSPICION -- [January]

SUSPICION Dance number 18 by Legs & Co
Performed by  Elvis Presley and reaching No 9 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date  20/01/77 Duration of dance 2.33 mins
Dancers -- Gill,Lulu,Patti,Pauline,Rosie,Sue.
The Legs & Co attendence register so far after 18 dances

Gill       18                Lulu     18               Pauline 18
Rosie    18                Sue      18               Patti     16
A link to the dance
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25dhw7_legs-co-suspicion-totp-tx-20-01-1977_creation

This one is a real favourite with me. Starting with Noel Edmonds build up, then onto the slow removal of the rain coats, then onto those wonderful skimpy costumes that show there wonderfully long legs to the full effect. I quite like the scene towards the end with Gill, Patti and Sue were they approach the camera, turn back and then turn their heads again at the camera, nearly had that for my screen-grab. Not a big Elvis fan, and not really a fan of this song, but Flicks choreography suited it perfectly. Only these girls could make lamp posts sexy. So in my watchable ratings its a 9 out of 10 for me.

Re: SUSPICION

PattiForPM
This one is one of my faves and I love the white coats and the divesting thereof, I love the little hat incident, I love the rich red leotards and the divine Legs ladies inside them, I love Pauline all over that lamp post and young Lulu and Rosie posing beautifully, but for me the highlight is indeed that threesome turning from the camera with all that wild wild wild hair and sultry expressions.  It makes me shiver.  I do like the song too and Noel's funny little intro.  I think you can tell this one's only got one possible score for me and that's 10.

Re: SUSPICION

Suefan
Top marks from me as well for this smashing performance.  This sultry little routine is a classic with great use of all the props, and I'm not just talking about hats, coats and lamp posts.  Only three months in and the girls have already gelled into a near perfect troupe.

Re: SUSPICION

Well here is a pic of that special moment in the routine.

Re: SUSPICION

SuPaLu
This one of my favourites.It's got style and class all over it.I love Gill's wink about the time of Ryan's screen-cap above.Rosie and Lulu are simply stunning around that lamp-post.Perfect match of music and dance - 10/10.

Re: SUSPICION

P4PM dies happy. Thanks Ryan

Re: SUSPICION

Paperboyplod
Another routine with a simple set, interesting to see a city-scape background, & a lamp-pole taking centre stage, at first, with the girls dressed like female sleuths, it must've been quite a shock for some people, when the ladies stripped off revealing, some rather sexy attire underneath, there's some great dancing here, with good usage of the column as a prop!

Re: SUSPICION

bucksby
Great routine, Gill steals it for me but everyone is on top form. 9 out of 10
LNV

Re: SUSPICION

LNV
This post was updated on .
Have you ever had that feeling that you want to shout out at a Presenter to “Get on with it!” As Noel waffles on for far too long before finally introducing the Act?
The Southern good ol’ boy warbler the Big E Himself does a splendid rendition of this song, an emotive and tenderly delivered vocal.
Suspicion has it all from the background set, the mid-way unwrapping of their trench coats to reveal six sexy scarlet- ladies; to an unobstructed view of the Girls who all are pleasing on the eye.  Rosie is inspiringly beautiful here, her loveliness would stop a clock and in-fact when I see Rosie, Time itself seems to stand still for a moment, as I gaze in awe. And I agree wholeheartedly with Elvis when he sings, “Why torture me?” I feel as if Rosie’s presence is so near yet so elusively far, alas!
A classic performance to which all other Routines can be judged against.
10/10 scoring from me with the same given for the Rosie Factor.

Re: SUSPICION

Lookmacinanger
I love this routine to a great track by the 'King'. While I've been watching this back for some reason the lyrics are even poignantly than I have ever noticed before on a 'Legs' routine. (Perhaps because it's an old song)
The girls look stunning in their outfits and everyone gets a equal share of camera time. To use football terminology I love the way Gill redeems her foul throw by giving us the cheekiest wink in her close up, and then good old Rosie sweeps up and half volleys away the stray hat to safety. 9.5/10

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Floid Fan
This is not much of a dance routine. Rather it is 3 minutes of titilation. End of. On the choreographic scale of range and versatility this scores very low. This doubtless helped to capture more male fans for early Legs and Co. For the choreography: 2 out of 10.
Carl

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Suefan
That last comment sounds like a description of every Hot Gossip dance I've ever seen.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

74benja81
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
LNV

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

LNV
Carl we all should voice our own personal ideas on dance routines and looking at them from an unusual subjective viewpoint is at least refreshing if not always enlightening. But moving away from a subjective position to the objective facts as can be seen: 3 minutes of titillation? The first half of the performance the Legs Ladies are fully covered up wearing rain coats, rather dashingly too; but how can this be taken as in anyway sexily suggestive for arousal purposes? Their wonderful femininity is still evident, in fact by being so clothed their appeal as young adult Women is emphasised; less is more sometimes, as here. The background set is one of their best, simple and effective, enhancing the performance; all in all a fine presentation. As for the choreography, well I don’t want to delve too deeply into the mechanics of the Routine as it’s like someone refusing to accept a ride in a perfectly working vehicle, offering a very smooth and pleasant ride, as with this Routine; because the engine lacks six pistons or such like over fussiness. The Rosie and Lulu symmetry at the lamp post is a delight, they all glide through the movements with assuredness. Whether this is enough to class the dance number as High Art choreography I dunno.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

PattiForPM
I still love this routine

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

So do i, but i love our new leader in the averages table more.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

PattiForPM
I see the natural order of things has been restored
Stu

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Stu
Absolutely love everything about this one. I could watch this over and over again, and without any hesitation it gets my first full marks so far. The only thing left to judge is which girl comes out on top in a top performance, and it's a close as close can be but Patti just about steals it for me, she's got her pout nailed down in this one. :-)

10/10

Stuey

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

VintageVideos
This reminds me I have to get round to comment on a few more routines as well, and what better to start off than this one. Those who know me a bit longer may remember that a picture of this routine was one of my very first avatars ever, and for quite a while I might add. The funny thing is, I never cared for the song until the day I saw this routine. This was the first Legs routine that really blew me away, and I was especially happy when BBC2 repeated just this TOTP episode without the DOGs on.
Having said all that, it comes as no surprise that this routine gets full marks from me, nothing less than 10 out of 10 would be suitable.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Old Bill
I'm quite as crazy for this one as everyone else it seems.

They look wonderful of course. Very very sexy - but the dance itself isn't really all that I don't think. Not that it bad of course, and I suppose it's not really a dancey song.

The leotards really put the the legs in Legs and Co. Patti does her look & down again. hehehe. Thanks Patti! :-)

And of course when the coats come off it's a sight for sore eyes - but I wish they'd put them down there & then rather than dancing with them.

Only a 6.5 / 10 from me.
Jeremiah 31:13
1234