SUSPICION -- [January]

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

PattiforPM
Note to self: Unwrap and readdress one Xmas gift

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

PattiforPM
or:   Die Stelle der Vernunft ist leise (my favorite German saying apart from "Warum ist die Banane krumm")

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

VintageVideos
PattiforPM wrote
or:   Die Stelle der Vernunft ist leise (my favorite German saying apart from "Warum ist die Banane krumm")
Nice saying, but the second word should be "Stimme" (= voice) not "Stelle" (= position).

"Warum ist die Banane krumm?" (Why is the banana crooked?) is indeed a classic, and still used in everyday life (especially when dealing with children who tend to ask too much).

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

PattiforPM
Thanks for the correction VV, no wonder my Mennonite patients have looked puzzled all these years!  Incidentally my wife's favorite saying for me is her "beleidigte Leberwurst" and I'm sure that's a compliment right?

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

VintageVideos
LOL if you think it's a compliment I'd better remain silent

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Old Bill
haha - Ryan you'll be telling me that the present was a Blu-ray DVD of Down Down personally deilvered by Lulu! ;-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Andeebee
nice routine - I'll review this when I put it up on YT soon - I'll give it a mac-licious 9

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Doc
Great to see Rosie being given her first leading role and she doesn't disappoint. OK some people have criticised the choreography, however L&C were not just about dancing around to a song. Sometimes the music meant that it had to be about providing an entertaining interpretation which I think Flick achieved successfully. Awarding just 2 for this is just an absolute scandal! As said before Rosie is great in this and so is Pauline. Gill sneaks a cheeky wink, I'm not sure if she was just acknowledging her hopeless throwing :-). All in all a fantastic routine and if the girls showing their legs is unnecessary titilation then carry on being unnecessary! This just has to be a 10!
Still living in 1979

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Who's That Hurll

Suspicion:       A metropolitan backdrop suitably grandiose for our coat peeling sirens.
                      When I first watched this I found the camera work a little distracting as it seemed to be rather low and lop sided to start with, however my attention has now been drawn to what Dennis Norden would have said is technically known in the trade as a 'cock-up'.   There is a fade on the screen, but what's that I see in the background?. A pair of long legs booting a hat off the screen!.  I know who those legs belong to and I know who that hat belonged to!.  Gillian! Rosie!, Miss Colby would like to see you in her office and Gillian that knowing wink to the camera a minute afterwards will not exonerate you!.

8.75/10    DOTD Rosie.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

L&C4me
9.25/10 - DOTD Patti

Sung nicely by Elvis

One of my favourites by Legs & Co. Rosie and Lulu together delightfully keeping up the lamp standard, with Pauline doing a fine job on her own. I Just love the 'I'm going then coming back again' piece with Sue, Patti and Gill. Patti's expressions are gripping.
Jim

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

From the very start of this introduction by Noel Edmonds till the end of routine it is fantastic. The song come from one of Elvis 's best period for singles. " Suspicion " came from the writing team of Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman. The team wrote twenty - five songs for Elvis in they career. The song was recorded on 19th march 1962 but was not released until December 1976. Between December and March 1977 he reached number nine. The week that Legs and Co danced to this song he was at number 20. The following week he reached his highest chart position number nine. A move of eleven places on that chart.

We now come to this fantastic routine on the show. The setting is a painted back clothe of a sky line of a New York. In the middle of the dance floor are two lamp post. The six ladies come on wearing white macs and hats. Like american private eyes in the nineteen forties films. Three of the ladies go and face the back clothe. And two stands next to lamp post, this is Rosie and Lulu. At the other prop lamp post is Pauline. Then the ladies starts to remove there macs very slowly. to reveal a scarlet red basque and them wonderful legs. The white hats were throw off to side of the stage. But in that move a incident happen were Gills hat hit the back clothe and falls down to the floor.But to the rescue came Rosie who kicked off the floor to the side. With the macs like capes they sweeped them across the floor and piled them on each other. Rosie, Lulu and Pauline do seemly move by the lamp posts. But my favourite moment must be when Sue, Patti and Gill comes towards the camera. When they turns there heads back. Then turns heads back to the camera with a wonderful looks. The final shot is of the fabulous face Rosie.

This a high score 9 out 10 and the Dotd must go Rosie for that moment when she whips off her hat. And her blonde hair cascades on to her shoulders " WOW".

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
This is a fantastic routine and I think was Legs & Co's best up to this point in time.
All the girls are at their sultry best, the song is an Elvis classic and the lamp posts provide an opportunity for some of the girls to do a little pole dancing.  The peeling off of the hats and coats is also memorable, as is Rosie booting away Gill's discarded hat.
I can't find a single fault with this so I am giving it 10 out of 10.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Colm
Nicely choreographed, nicely shot and nicely costumed. A real tour de force in those early Legs and Co days.

Things I like in this routine: Lulu's warm and confident smile, Rosie's slinkly and sassy moves - especially discarding her own hat, and helpfully keeping Gill's hat from cluttering the set, Patti's gorgeous facial expressions...

Score: 9.5

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

JEZ
i cant believe that i havent voted on what i would say is one of legs and co's excellent performances ,i have no doubt at all at awarding this corker of a routine a well deserved 10 ,even though there is one little tiny mistake ,im sure no one probably noticed it in the 2 minutes or so first broadcast date of 1977 ,i love everything about it ,the song ,the outfits ,the dance moves,so what more can be said

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

PaulF
I really like this one, shows off all the girls nicely and the way Patti refuses to be out-pouted and remains the queen of pouts. Shame about the hat incident but pleased to see Rosie taking H&S at work seriously. 9/10
Paul

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Angie
Simply wonderful!

9.5/10

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Mikey
A very accomplished theatrical piece, even down to the backdrop used and the lamppost, which acts as a focal point several times during the routine. Starting in raincoats and hats (private detective style, related to the 'Suspicion' theme i guess) the ladies tease us for the first minute or so with glimpses of the change to come, whilst manoeuvring around the stage in smaller groups or solo. Eventually the hats and coats are discarded revealing those rather fetching red outfits, and its almost like watching a different performance as the ladies ramp up those sexy moves in a more showgirl style, I particularly liked Lulu and Rosie "dancing" at the aforementioned lamppost.

Visually impressive, with some great ideas, and a good Elvis track too.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Thanks for your continued comments and ratings Mikey on these older Legs routines.

Now is anybody out there going to become the 25th member of this site to leave ratings for this routine.

Incidentally, the other routine with 24 sets of ratings is `Chanson D`amour`.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Gorgeous Daze
Ok. Time for someone else to help undo the damage inflicted by Floidfan.

Watching this again I was aware of how much the music reminds me of Ben E King's 'Stand By Me'. 'Suspicion' has inspired a great concept from Flick. Can't wait for them to get them sleuthin' coats off though! (Sounds Australian doesn't it?). The girls are clearly really enjoying the transformation they had up their sleeves. Which includes teasing us even after the macs are off before they're finally discarded. And it can't have been easy up till then, those are lengthy garments. The very best thing for me though is the action around the lamp-posts, especially the sultry poses.

Definitely one of the highlights of the early months. 9.5/10