SUSPICION -- [January]

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Thanks for delving into this past classic GD. Any chance you could give us a DOTD, i know its a difficult one this to decide.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Whoops, i just realized on these years 76/77 i did that silly separate post for DOTDs.

ANOTHER OF MY BIG MISTAKES !

Please post your DOTD anywhere, either on this tread or the Dotd thread.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Gorgeous Daze
Hi Ryan. I already gave Pauline a very well-deserved DOTD on the appropriate thread.

As DOTD didn't start till early last year it was the best option you chose in opening special threads for 76 and 77 DOTDs rather than have everyone going and editing their rating post.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

I tell you what always nice about Legs & Co and thats discovering something that i should have noticed eons ago. How this has escaped me i just dont know. I think it was a case of me concentrating on the left hand side of screen. Im talking about the cheeky little wink Gill gives the camera. Apologizes if the wink got mentioned by somebody earlier.

It occurs at 2.35 mins on this link.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25dhw7_legs-co-suspicion-totp-tx-20-01-1977_creation

or if you prefer YT, 2.24 mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5MWAxZ0ff4

I trust on this observation, folk will be able to see this !

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

PattiforPM
It's almost more of a blink than a wink although I'd hate to start WW4 over this

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

LOL, how can you blink with only one eye, surely thats a wink. Shes winking, no question of it.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Suefan
Even though my attention is inevitably elsewhere at that moment it is definitely a wink.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
Our old friend Mac first spotted the wink back in July 2012.  Quite an endearing Gill moment.

Re: SUSPICION -- 1977

Okay thanks OGW. Laziness on my part for not reading back the comments already posted. Mac's unexplained disappearance has been a bit of a body blow to this place, lets hope he returns at some stage.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

PansLegs
It's done with the class you would expect and obviously a retro feel with costumes to match the age of the record from Elvis, but I can't see me ever revisiting this one. Rosie DotD, 6/10

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Andy wrote

I once heard that the girls would sometimes do little things for Fans, boyfriends etc like blowing a kiss maybe this was for someone.
Not wanting to upset anyone else on OFTDs (think ive upset 2 or 3 this year so far, plus a dozen or so in the past) but i would have thought Legs & Co would have been far to professional for any of that shenanigans. But i will inquire if that ever took place.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Gorgeous Daze
Oh I dunno, Ryan. I imagine they occasionally thought of someone special on romantic routines. It's only natural and the authenticity would benefit the performance.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Maybe, but not for me that notion. You guys have all got Valentines day fever i reckon.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

I'm a fan of Elvis, but not this track, but having said that I love this routine, and I think the backdrop works really well too. This must have been a pretty difficult one for our girls to do, not only having to remember dance steps and moves, but also having to incorporate those cumbersome rain coats into the routine , taking them off, carrying them, putting them back on before (fortunately for us) discarding them! (although I must say they look just as sexy in the coats as they do without)  All the girls look fantastic, but the part where Rosie, back to the camera, lifts her coat to reveal one long slinky leg does it for me! too.

Rating 9/10

DOTD Rosie

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Just watched the `Suspicion` again routine for about the 100th time and i got to thinking more about the `Hat-gate` incident. Gill's disposal of her hat looks weaker every time i view it, a true girly throwing attempt if i ever saw one. The fanciful amoung us could argue she even threw her hat a pathetic one yard on purpose onto the back wall scenery just to give Rosie the opportunity to kick it of stage. For what reason ? Well i think the vernacular is "planting an Easter Egg" just to see if folk spot it. Almost as if they knew 40 years later a load of blokes would be scrutinizing their routines. Funny that Pauline who is next to her, easily manages to toss her hat of screen without any problem. Like i say, thats very much for the fanciful thinkers.

Of course there is an official Easter Egg in this for folks to spot with the Gill wink to camera, so who knows maybe they were in a mischievous mood that day.

If you want to watch this in half speed (with accompanying sound also in half speed, unlike platforms like YouTube), then click the link below. I really recommend it. It also gives a good chance to see Gill's puny throw in more detail.
http://sendvid.com/twl7ilzq

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

The Rubberband Man
Gill obviously never got picked for the Netball Team. Nifty footwork from Rosie clears any problems Gill’s wayward hat may have had at a later stage in the routine. A future penalty kick taker for England perhaps.

No need to wonder why these girls are known as Legs & Co any longer, we have the answer here.
Nice costumes (the red ones – not the raincoats), nice routine and a nice song from Elvis as well.

DOTD – Rosie

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Everything'sRosie
It's testament to Presley's loyal fan base that he could still chart with a single like this in 1977 as it seems horribly dated to me in the era of punk and disco. Nevertheless, we get a slow sultry routine from our girls. There's always something special about a tease and reveal dance, and we're not short-changed here when those private eye macs and fedoras are removed.  Those scarlet corsets will live long in the memory and suitably reflect the retro feel to the music. This routine reminds me a lot of Dancing In The City, similar costumes and the cityscape backdrop. I think DITC is superior though.

I will award this an 8/10 and the delightfully teasing Rosie gets my DotD.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Everything'sRosie
Reading the posts here I had to go back to see this hat thing. Yep, she (Gill) didn't keep it flat enough for the rim to cut through the air and thus air resistance worked against said hat sending it miserably to the floor. Until pointed out I'd never noticed Rosie kicking the thing offstage using the other girls for some classic misdirection. Clever.