SUSPICION -- [January]

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

....... who knows maybe they were in a mischievous mood that day......
Surely their default setting !

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Legsfan
This song works well with the routine and I really like the hats and coats transition with the big strip. I like the smiles and the lamppost just worked wonderfully. I would say I am a big fan of this routine and I think the girls did an amazing job!
Rating: 10/10
DOTD: Hat retriever Rosie

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

CoffeeThing
Thus is pure class, great routine and the girls just look fantastic. I love the moves and the expressions, I adore Pauline's smile. Rosie's hint of what is to come is very alluring. I want to be a lamp post! 9.75 and DOTD is Rosie.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

brandonb
10/10 DOTD: Patti

Some interesting comments about this routine and I loved discovering hat gate and Gill's Wink of Mystery incident (was it a secret signal to a boyfriend somewhere or did it mean something else which we can only guess at?) My take is it was definitely a wink anyway. The hat throw I felt was rather nonchalant and I don't give a stuff rather than feeble but I enjoyed Rosie kicking it out of the way in the background as Flick in the control room is probably shouting at the camera man through the headphones "FOR GOD'S SAKE GO OUT OF FOCUS BEFORE ANYONE NOTICES".

Initially, like Ryan, I was not that wild on this song the first few times I watched this routine but it's rather grown on me and I quite like it now. I also love the routine. Some have claimed the choreography is too simple to be called that. I disagree. The moves are simple but not everything complicated is necessarily good and not everything simple is necessarily bad. Think of Prog Rock (only for a second) - that was complicated but most of it wasn't very good. Definitely in retrospect. But to me choreography is more than just fancy dance moves - it's also about timing and creating an effect via movement and expression usually in a perfect unison with others. This routine while maybe not being that complex is well timed and the expressions and movements really do compliment the song.

So there you have it - my defence of this routine from detractors - simple, but perfectly formed and with hidden subtleties that I love. For me Patti swung it as DOTD - IMO she had the best expressions - though of course I love Gill's wink now attention has been drawn to it.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

Dancer
Was never really a fan of Elvis in the seventies at all.  I think majority of his fans "grew up with him and remained loyal".  This song did not really do much for me until this routine and I thought it was a very clever routine and one I could watch again and again.  The girls gave it their all.  Loved the swimwear.  I will award this one ten out of ten and the best dancer awarded to Patti.

Re: SUSPICION -- [January]

AC/PD
Stalking seductively and mysteriously around a vintage lamppost beneath the moon crest, this may well be the initial instance at which Rosie developed a passion for Night Games. Herself and her fellow cohorts arouse - if anything - suspicion as to their motives. There's plenty of mystique behind the eyes and in the legs, all but tiptoeing around the precinct. Taking their coats for a walk? Deception! Such is the feline grace on display at the conclusion, one can almost hear the sound of purring from these ladies on the prowl.Can we be reincarnated as lamp-posts?
9/10
DOTD: Rosie
1234