Sensible Clothes

PattiforPM
Now we have had a number of references and Threads mentioning the skimpy clothing our Ladies look so fine wearing but recently some of our members have referred to their preference for "sensible clothing" and I'm wondering if we could all give this subject some thought and perhaps explain your choice for the "Most Sensible and Appropriately Dressed Routine."  I would like to commend the girls of Legs & Co for their thoroughly wise autumnal dresses in the "September" routine

Re: Sensible Clothes

Not sure if id describe them as sensible clothing, but two routines with naff clothing spring to mind. The shapeless baggy tops and skirts worn in `Back in love again`are not at all sexy, im glad Sue missed that one. I also thought the things they wore for `Sultans of swing` were also pretty uninspiring. I suppose the most sensible and appropriate costumes they ever wore were for `Chi Mai`, completely in accordance with the era the music represented.
  Just for a laugh wouldnt it fun to hypothetically change the dresses for `Chi Mai` with say `Dont push it`, but doing the same moves in the routines. Would it  then make `Chi Mai` the sexier dance,LOL.

Re: Sensible Clothes

PattiforPM
Love the notion of those short slinky dresses appearing in Chi Mai Ryan and indeed vice versa (what a struggle they would have had in "Don't Push It") and I would have got to see Patti in those dreamy outfits (albeit in Chi Mai) at last.   Several times the girls start off in sensible enough clothes only for something to go "wrong" such as in the case of the very practical Lab Coats in "Supernature" and those demure white overcoats in "Suspicion."  Sadly these were shed in favour of much less utilitarian garb later in these routines much to our chagrin.

Re: Sensible Clothes

Pattiforpm, i wonder in your impressive collection do you have `September` by EW&F. That one isnt on here and im struggling to remember the routine, if you do any chance of an upload, i would be most grateful to you,thanks.

Re: Sensible Clothes

I quite like the black and white dresses Patti and Sue wear during their double-act at the start of the "Enough is Enough" routine; classy, stylish and not at all Mum-sy.

Re: Sensible Clothes

JEZ
I think the most sensible clothing legs and co ever wore was when they were doing the cleaning and washing on the routine rumour has it ,by donna summer ,if only the council had provided me with overalls all those years i was working at my other part time job as caretaker stroke cleaner ,i wouldent have had to buy so many t shirts from ethel austins coz id splashed bleach up them ,yes they were very sensible clothes for that routine they were interperating as housewives

Re: Sensible Clothes

Suefan
Well if you ask me one of their most sensible attire choices was when they visited Bermuda.  What else to wear in those temperatures and with all that water splashing about.  Sue even had the good sense to choose a red bikini; so much easier for me to spot from my balloon should she get lost in the Triangle!

Re: Sensible Clothes

PattiforPM
Ah the indomitable Suefan manages to turn the Thread to sensible bikinis!!  Yes I suppose overcoats in Bermuda would have been silly.  Another routine with fairly sensible outfits is one of my admittedly least admired and that is "My Way" by Elvis (fortunately Patti was out on the town with me wearing something far less sensible at the time if I recall correctly)

Re: Sensible Clothes

Suefan
Returning to the spirit of this thread I rather like the "Back In Love" again look, which is not to Ryan's taste, and am always disappointed that Sue was otherwise occupied.  Its ordinary nature is what appeals as do the straightforward tops and plaid skirts from "Disco", although I must admit Sue's disco attire in "Aint No Stoppin Us Now" is even better.
Suefan