Quantcast

Some Girls....Try This One

Not sure if this will work but it's something I've tried but not completed.  "Some Girls" by Racey was produced as a compilation of Legs & Co clips for the Xmas 1979 TOTP show.  See if we can identify all the snippets which go together to make it up.  Try adding one clip per post and wait for the next person to add on to it.  If only one girl is featured mention who it is.  I'll  start you off - the first rather alluring clip of wobbling midsections is from "Shake your Body (Down to the Ground) by the Jacksons.  Off you go people (sorry if you have to watch multiple times but who can not love watching these ladies again and again)

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Suefan
Second snippet - Pauline dancing to Peaches and Herb's Reunited on 3 May 1979

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Patti'sdaughter
Next snippet is my Mum patti in 1979.  Dont know song as never seen the video of her dancing in that outfit.  My Mum doesn't know either.  I'm sorry know thats not how the game is played.  can anybody help?  amy x
amy x

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Next one along is Gill, doing one of two versions of You can ring my bell by Anita Ward. Yes its the Naff version. Good brain teaser this one.

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

PattiForPM
Good stuff people, I'm impressed and want to join in again myself so the next clip is Lulu looking great in "Lost in Music" by Sister Sledge (one of my fave performances by Legs & Co).  BTW PattisDaughter I don't know the previous Patti-only clip either but I'd love to know as it's a really gorgeous appearance by my heroine so any help in identifying it would be great !

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

  Pattiforpm. You know im a big Sue fan, Well look out for my Patti tribute coming soon on the forum. You lot are starting to persuade me about Patti. Now back to the Racey clip. Theres some stuff on this clip i cant recall as well.

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Next a quick shot of Rosie, i defy anyone to get the routine on that one. Then all 6 doing Hot Stuff. Right bedtime for me, nightie night.

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Patti'sdaughter
hi everyone,  next snippet is Sue dancing to Contact 1979.
amy x

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

PattiForPM
Seems a bit incestuous jumping in on your own thread all the time but I can't help myself!  Ryan's defiant Rosie clip earlier is from "Hot Stuff" as well I believe and the Rosie clip next in line is from "Strut Your Funky Stuff" by Frantique.  Now I'll shut up for a while and let you guys carry on...

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Patti'sdaughter
next snippet is my Mum & co dancing to Meditation by Third World.  amy x
amy x

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Suefan
Then we have all six lovely ladies being Bad Girls (Donna Summer) on July 19, 1979 followed by Turn the Music Up from the Players Association I think on March 22, 1979.

I'm also unable to identify the third snippet with Patti but I'm still looking through the collection.  This is a great thread for this!

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Patti'sdaughter
next snippet is Gill dancing to Sunday Girl by Blondie.  I think it was 1979.  What a great sexy look though!  PattiforPM, I really love this game.  Thank you for thinking of it.  amy x
amy x

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Suefan
This is fun.  Next up we have all six girls dancing to Love You Inside Out by the Bee Gees (April 1979).  This is one of my all time favorite routines.  Don't they all look great in those short, presumably Japanese style dresses, and as to that sexy look Sue gives to the camera at the end.... (where are my tablets!!)

Does anybody have the date of this performance.  I have it listed as April 26 but also have that as the show when Gill, Lulu, Pauline and Rosie danced on stage with Racey the week Some Girls had got to No 3 in the charts.  However, as there is a different DJ introducing each clip I must be mistaken.

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

PattiForPM
Hi SueFan.  I think you're right with your April 26th 1979 date for "Love You Inside Out" and it was introduced by Kid Jensen that week.  My UK Gold version has "Some Girls" that same show but not with Legs & Co.

Anyway back to the "chain letter"   Next clip is our two faves Patti and Sue chatting during the making of "No More Tears (Enough is Enough)" by the divas (Streisand and Summer)

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Patti'sdaughter
next clip is my Mum dancing to earth, wind and fire after the love has gone. amy x
amy x

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Suefan
Next up its Lulu dancing to Contact. (Nice high energy dance although not quite up there with Turn to Stone or Made in Heaven)

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Patti'sdaughter
Next snippet is Sue dancing to Sultan's Of Swing by Dire Straits.
amy x

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

PattiForPM
Next is "Cavatina"  featuring Legs & Co showing their ballet prowess

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

Suefan
Then we have Something Else from the Sex Pistols.

Re: Some Girls....Try This One

PattiForPM
Amy I was really hoping you or your Mum might know this next brief Patti clip after "Something Else" as I don't have a clue!  Help please!!