Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Hi folks, if you have a spare hour this Sunday evening, then why dont you give my quiz a whirl. The questions are not that difficult and its quite a lot of fun to play. You will be made to feel very welcome if you are a new player. It will be on Pop & TV from 1950 to 1990 and it will be played on this thread. I will post game rules on Sunday. For any new players, check out old quizzes to see how easy it is to play

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Doubleday
With all this snow expected, sensible people will be staying in and playing quiz - as I hope to do!

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Well done DD, you are a very sensible person

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Snow? England? You poor dears.  Let me know if you want my Snowblower to impress your neighbours.

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Doubleday
I kind of thought that'd get a reaction . Word is by this time tomorrow we'll be buried under two whole inches of the stuff.

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Yes, its an unusual hobby yours PattiforPM, snow shoveling. You must be an expert at it by now

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

I can see the Headlines now "Avalanche on North Downs; several voles slightly bruised"

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

PattiforPM
I have to confess Ryan, this has been a very mild Winter here in SW Ontario and we have virtually no snow at present

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Just a reminder to come and please play my quiz tonight on here at 9pm, especially if your feeling snow bound like me in the East Midlands. Weve had quite a lot of the white stuff here.

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

PattiforPM
Lovely sunny day here in the your Dominion but I'll try to be there anyway

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

BeautifulBabs
no snow now in sunny sussex
see you in 1.45 mins
any hints tips ryan appreciated especially about anything before i was born

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

beautifulbabs wrote
no snow now in sunny sussex
see you in 1.45 mins
any hints tips ryan appreciated especially about anything before i was born

No your safe BB, the quiz starts from 1950, so you may remember some of the early questions from your childhood

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

.Here is a reminder of the quiz regulations, in case any new players want to give this a go.

QUIZ REGULATIONS FOR TONIGHT, ( note reg 4, important ) **ALL WELCOME TO PLAY**

 1------I will ask 42 questions, 21 on Pop music and 21 and on TV from 1950 to 1990.

2------The questions will be asked in groups of two at a time, starting at 9pm and then in 3 minute intervals.

3------3 points for each correct fastest answer, 2 points for second fastest and 1 point for every other correct answer. Obviously if you get both parts of the question correct, and in a faster time than anybody else, the points are doubled.

4-----You can either answer both parts of the question in one go, but if you want you can answer them seperatly,while you think of the other answer (The best strategy if you are struggling with one part, is to fire the answer off you know). But remember you only have 3 minutes to reply before the next set of two questions are asked.

***Tip for any new players, remember to keep refreshing at the 3 minute mark in order to see the next question. Also revisit some of the older quizzes on here to get the gist of how its done.

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Oh and theres 3 questions that relate to the TOTPs dancers in some way.

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Ok ryan but remember I became a Babs fan from watching totp when I was 7 in  1973( my first crush) so 1950s stuff still too early ! ok I will get an older phone a friend

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

You wont need to phone a friend BB, my questions are really very easy.

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

dave
Hello

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

hello dave hope you won't beat me

Re: Speed Quiz, Sunday 5th Feb, 9pm.

Hi Dave and welcome, hope you can do the whole 60 mins tonight and not just 15 like last week