Spirit In The Sky?

Pauly21
Having a look round YT i was reminded of this 'video' which i'd been meaning to ask about for a while. Norman Greenbaum's 'Spirit in the Sky'.
It's pretty poor quality and cannot make out the dancers but is it Pans People with him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cXrEPNvRO8

Re: Spirit In The Sky?

PattiforPM
Thanks for this Pauly21, I can't recall if we have considered this before on here.  I've watched a couple of times but can't be sure.  Certainly "Pans-like" moves in places but really difficult to get a good look at faces.  Maybe someone else can help on here.  I presume it was shot when the original single came out?

Re: Spirit In The Sky?

VintageVideos
I'd say it's highly unlikely. First of all, NG is American so the video would have probably been filmed in the US. Furthermore, if it were Pan's People then I'm sure we'd see some clearer shots of their faces as I can't imagine they would have done this more or less anonymously without trying to raise their profile. And finally, I think we would have heard about this film before. It's not mentioned in the book either.
But thanks for bringing this up. Never saw that one until today.
If I only had one love yours would be the one I'd choose

Re: Spirit In The Sky?

Pauly21
It does look similar to the way Pans dance but as VV says NG is from the US and the location of the video here is not apparent either.

Re: Spirit In The Sky?

mojo2007
I made it 6 dancers by which PP were 5. Interesting find.
mojo