Sue and Babs on the Radio - 22nd September 2018

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

BeautifulBabs
Just beautiful voices and so well spoken. Fantastic women

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

AC/PD my bakelite was fully turn to the South.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Great stuff. Some good selections music wise too. I think they should have done it a bit more Desert Island Discs style when not all the record is played, as it would have allowed more chat. I thought both ladies interviewed very well. I think when Sue met Bowie must have been when he did Heroes, not Ashes To Ashes, as that only ever appeared in video format.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

That made for a pleasant hour with some interesting chat and some good choices of music. Flick's dance to Bridge Over Troubled Water really must have been something special. The other dancers are always very lavish with their praise.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

The Rubberband Man
Absolutely lovely to hear both Babs and Sue reminiscing on the radio and sharing with us some wonderful anecdotes of their time at the BBC. A super and entertaining choice of records as well to split up the gentle chit chat.
Nice to learn how they met their partners as well as the general stuff about the rehearsals, the choice of dance routine for the following week and the betting on the charts.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Everything'sRosie wrote
 I think when Sue met Bowie must have been when he did Heroes, not Ashes To Ashes, as that only ever appeared in video format.
Yep there were quite a few errors, years, numbers etc, but you cant really expect them to reel them off the cuff like us fans can. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview and choices of music, and also learned a few things i didn't know before.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

AC/PD
A lovely listen throughout which Sue and Babs really gelled with each representing either side of the River.
Noteworthy was the fact that Sue completing her 2 year Barbican course work in half the time and also the occasional confidence issues during her formative years...which were rightly dispelled through pure talent.

Concerning the praise heaped by Babs upon Bridge Over Troubled Water - wow. That Flick solo has also forever remained in the mind of SueFan through captivated recollection.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Legsfan
Now on iPlayer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06jb2b1

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Legsfan
I've just listened to it now and I must say that it was lovely to hear Sue and Babs again. Lovely stories and a really enjoyable show. Thanks Sue and Babs.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Can I say how wonderful this programme was with Sue and Babs. We had some fine musical records chosen by our ladies. And you can see that a person like Sue, who is so confident. Can be so starstruck when meeting Mister Bowie. Who wouldn't meeting these kind of people. Also how nice and friendly these two ladies come over on the radio.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Just listened, what an absolutely lovely hour. Wonderful programme with the ladies, and a great selection of songs too. Very emotive.

I'm sure most here know this bit of trivia already, and I think it's okay to post it now as recently Sue has appeared using her married name and in the photo with Mike when their dog was poorly, but for anyone who was not aware, I believe Mike was the presenter of Riverside and all those years ago introduced the lovely Passion In Moisture dance that was spoken about at the end of the show today.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Mikey
Could listen to them talk for a lot longer, always interesting, these interviews always seem short.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Dancer
That was a really lovely interview.   Real tear jerker in parts.  Listened to it on the Sky Gnome.  Could not believe it went on for an hour.  It seemed so short.  Lovely choices of music too.  Would have so liked to see Flick dance to Simon & Garfunkel.  Summer Breeze was a lovely choice of music too.  I too thought the David Bowie meeting was in 1977 when he performed Heroes.  I got the feeling listening at that point Sue was going to choose TVC15 as one of her choices.  Many thanks Sue and Babs for such a lovely interview.  I think you need to be compiling your autobiographies now.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Legsfan
Welcome back Dancer!! Your input has been missed!

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

+1, good to see you posting again Dancer.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

BeautifulBabs
https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06jb2b1
For anyone  who missed

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

CoffeeThing
Dancer! Great to see you.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

Gorgeous Daze
A very absorbing interview with the ladies, had it gone on for three hours I think I'd still have been calling for an anecdote encore! And a very good choice of records, rounding it off with Japan's Quiet Life was the icing on the cake of good taste.

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

VintageVideos
Gorgeous Daze wrote
rounding it off with Japan's Quiet Life was the icing on the cake of good taste.
For once we agree, what a great record to end the show

Re: Sue and Babs on "My London" with Gary Crowley Sat 22.09.18

BeautifulBabs
It was fantastic the girls not forgetting the departed Ruth and Flick, babs ribbing Sue about not  having a song for her son snd a very human side about their families and dogs - Babs both named after high end champagne brands !