Quantcast

Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

This support form for DLT's Top of the Pops editions to be reinstated has appeared on the internet recently. I know few might not support DLT, but I certainly do and it will be interesting to see the outcome of this 'petition'.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHVfLJ5ceUSMTpuFPf3sPObWasUd58h0oK0IbdVrEG196hFw/viewform

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Gorgeous Daze
Signed. Thanks for bringing this to our attention Legsfan. One way or another you're fast becoming one of TOTP's staunchest friends!

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

zenon
It's been around a few days actually and I have already signed it!

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Thanks Gorgeous Daze

As you can tell I am a DLT fan and have been hoping for ages that something like this would happen. I have read the points and I think it's fair the ban still applies to Savile. I agree with the BBC Store suggestion as I would pay money to see the DLT Legs routines in HD!!

I have signed!

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

zenon wrote
It's been around a few days actually and I have already signed it!
Amended. I only found it by accident while looking for the 10/03 TOTP and I noticed you posted it on Popscene the other day. Thanks Zenon

I discovered it by looking at the TOTP fan Facebook page which I'm sure will reach a wide audience.

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Everything'sRosie
Signed. Reading the legal gubbins the Beeb wouldn't stand a chance if the man in question decided to take it to court. He's been financially ruined and served his sentence. Nuff said.

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Dancer
I hope something comes to fruition for DLT.  I really felt sorry for him when he came out of court.  He looked most vulnerable and drawn.

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Everything'sRosie
Me too, Dancer. If the BBC Store make DLT's episodes available I'll buy the ones which got banned. My credit card is at the ready. I feel sorry for the guy.

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Yes I noticed this letter on a couple of other sites recently and I agree with the content.
However there is a worrying thought in the back of my mind that the more pressure put on the BBC to reverse its policy, the more likely they are to pull the plug on the repeats altogether. Also with the double episodes, DLT will only feature for about eight more months anyway. Even if they did change their mind the decision process would probably take half of that time. There is absolutely nil chance that the BBC would broadcast the shows that they have previously banned, as that dates back to the 1977 run and they would never be able to schedule them in alongside the double episodes that we are getting. It would also mean the BBC having to admit that they are wrong which they don't generally tend to do.
Hopefully I am completely wrong and the petition will achieve its objectives.

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Everything'sRosie
Absolutely, OGW. There's no chance the Beeb are going to go back and screen the episodes they missed. That would make no sense, especially to the casual viewer. I think they have been unfair to DLT though. I just hope the banned episodes are made available through the BBC Store, as I would be more than happy to pay for the downloads.

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Legsfan
Even if  this isn't successful I think they should stop pretending that DLT never existed! Its disgusting that they are removing his name mentions like with the Joan Jett video on the Richard Skinner TOTP he said DLT, not Dave Lee Travis he just saud DLT! Back when TOTP were in 1980 on BBC Four they were more than happy to keep the Jimmy Savile mention keeping the Dollar performance, but these days if Jonathan King is within ten seconds of a performance it gets binned.

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

PattiForPM
Thanks for pointing out this petition Zenon and LF.  I'm in

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Dancer
Agree with these points above.  I don't think they will rescind and restore the status quo.  They have always erred on the side of caution.  It would be good to know if he is working at the moment if he desired of course.  I am sure Jonathan King kicked off about his non-showing of his performances and won.  He did tend to tweet a lot about it at the time.  He just retweets his own music now or if someone passes comment on him.

Re: Support for DLT to be reinstated on BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Andeebee
with only this year to go DLT won't get reinstated, but the void will be replaced by lack of Mike Smith