THE 1981 REPEATS.

sueforever
Just got next weeks Radio Times.

These repeats seem to be repeating two episodes a night from the 8th to the 10th, and one episode on the 11th. These will start at 12 midnight to 1:20. And Thursday episode 12 midnight to 12:40. I hope this helpful to everyone.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Old Grey Whistler
Thanks SFE. You would think with all of those programmes that 1985 will only be on once a week. I'm hoping so anyway.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

When do the 1985 BBC4 TOTPs begin ?

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

zenon
A week on Friday which is January 12th.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Doc
Seems odd rerunning 1981 so soon. Would have much rather seen 1976 again.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Old Grey Whistler wrote
Thanks SFE. You would think with all of those programmes that 1985 will only be on once a week. I'm hoping so anyway.
The Smith debacle will ensure a lack of episodes that will make that likely.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Doc wrote
Seems odd rerunning 1981 so soon. Would have much rather seen 1976 again.
I thought that. Perhaps they're going to work backwards. I was late coming to the repeats and so missed most of 76.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Old Grey Whistler
If they are showing 7 episodes every week then they will be right through 1981 by sometime in February. I would imagine that they would go  through 1982 to 1984 after. What I think would be better is if they just showed random episodes like UK Gold did.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Gorgeous Daze
If it is seven episodes a good week we won't have at all long to find out if they're including 7/5. With such low-key programming I can't say I'm optimistic about them bothering

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

I want them to show 1970-1976, especially the edited April 76 editions that were only shown on UK Gold in their entirety.
By showing 1981, this proves that the BBC are willing to go to any year, even ones that were only shown 2 years ago.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Legsfan
Speaking of the advance listings, the second week of 1981 has been moved to 1am-1.40am and 1.40am-2.20am.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
we won't have at all long to find out if they're including 7/5.
The Friday 19th Jan 1am edition has been changed to show a 20 minute run time. This means that it is very likely that the 7/5 is not going to be shown.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

The Rubberband Man
I have the whole of 1981 and 1980 on my Sky+ box. It's the other years I could do with, although squeezing 76-79 into the remaining 10% of free space that I have may be a challenge.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Legsfan wrote
The Friday 19th Jan 1am edition has been changed to show a 20 minute run time. This means that it is very likely that the 7/5 is not going to be shown.
Do you mean 12am?

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Legsfan
Legsfan wrote
the second week of 1981 has been moved to 1am-1.40am and 1.40am-2.20am
According to the advance TV listings.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

AC/PD
Thanks Legsfan.
As the 20 minute edition is the first of that night, it's definitely curtains to the 7/5/81 edition.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Legsfan wrote
The Friday 19th Jan 1am edition has been changed to show a 20 minute run time. This means that it is very likely that the 7/5 is not going to be shown.
Sorry, I'm a bit dumb. Just remind me what the connection is?

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Legsfan
The 7/5/81 was skipped in 2016 due to Peter Powell’s links being missing. Partial links were found, but they are missing for the Legs & Co introduction and after the number one. Back in 2016 the BBC skipped the 7/5 and went on to the 20 minute 14/5. The 19th January showing should have been the 7/5, but as the advance TV listings show it as a 20 minute edition, that means that the full links are still missing and we won’t get to see that amazing Legs & Co routine to Stars on 45 on BBC Four.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Doc
There's no way the BBC will expend any additional money making the episode transmittable just to show it in the early hours. The repeats are obviously seen as a cheap slot filler to help BBC 4 meet it's reduced budget.
If the 1976 shows are repeated we'll still have to put up with Pan's People being cut out of some of them as they won't be able to afford to remake the edits.

Re: THE 1981 REPEATS.

Legsfan
Surely the BBC has two copies, one edited and one full edition.