THE CONTINENTAL

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

Dancer
This was a beautiful dance and Phil and Lulu complimented each other so well.  I could watch it over and over again.  I do believe the dances of Ruby Flipper were marvellous.  Ten out of ten because I was mesmorized.

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

Both Lulu & Phil look good together in this lovely dance.The costumes are great,and the whole thing is very elegant and beautiful.9/10

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

An amusing introduction with the Octopus's Garden sound effect of blowing air through a straw - was it a Unigate 'Humphrey? - submerged in a bowl of water. Great for the Supernature lab intro but slightly worrying for a bottle of dodgy-sounding champagne. Don't drink it, Lulu!
Brave of Flick to utilise Ruby Flipper's youngest lady for a two-step dance such as this. Whether or not she found the challenge daunting beforehand, her performance shows little in terms of nerves and it's nice to think that 16 year old Lulu's confidence grew as a result of being selected. She's got the moves and the confidence but as the dance progresses, it could be said that Lulu's slightly restrained throughout, a more carefree performance only achievable with the benefit of age and experience perhaps, factors about which nothing can be done. Nevertheless, Lulu, with a hairstyle perfect for the setting is a fine choice for this routine in which the only real signs of tension are to be found on Phil's shoulders, or more accurately In them.

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

PattiforPM
Good to see you back in RF-Land PD with your ever-thoughtful reviews.  Hopefully you'll be rewarded for this attention with more than just my meagre thanks

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

PansLegs
I can't really see what else could have been done here so the very 1940's big screen musical style works extremely well. I wish Phil would act just a little less in terms of facial expressions but otherwise it's all good. 7.5

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

The Rubberband Man
I’d never had guessed RF had a Fred and Ginger in their midst. It’s like we’re taken back in time to the era of elegance, decadence and romance and it’s is beautifully captured in this routine that harks back to that golden age by a debonair Phil and a cutie pie Lulu.

Lulu’s slightly transparent 1930’s style ball gown is gorgeously sexy. Lulu is a fabulous dance partner for any duet, and I think this is her best performance in that role.

Other dancers are rightly impressed :-
"Hey, these two are swell.... and so much more colourful"

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

PattiforPM
Yup RBM, Sue and Phil have had some great moments like HOMS and Floid and Patti had some chemistry too but on reflection this duet is the Couples pinnacle for me.

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

Everything'sRosie
Silky and elegant...with added sound effects. This is all rather charming and captures that golden age of Hollywood with just a couple of props. And both dance beautifully. One is reminded of that famous Lulu quip: "I could do everything Phil did but backwards and in heels!". Or something like that. I wonder if she really intended getting so close to the edge of the stage at that one point!? I almost shouted STOP at the screen. A fine interpretation which I will reward with a 9/10

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

MADMAX
For me this is one of R.F. best. Just all fits together. Phil smartly dressed, and Lulu looked a million dollars, (pounds?) What a lady! nicely danced.           "10"

Re: THE CONTINENTAL

PattiforPM
Thanks MM for your attention, I think you're quite right that this is one of the best and totally catches the mood