THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

A new thread for the quiz. Apologies to who ever turn it was to ask a question, so i will ask one.

An audience member falls off his chair making Rosie laugh, name the routine ?

(Remember to have your question ready to ask if you answer the question above) Thanks.

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Okay, i will re-word this question slightly. An audience member falls off the long seating area making Rosie laugh, name the routine ?

Actually theres all sorts of shenanigans going off in this routine in that section of the audience, think they got a bit excited at seeing the dancers.

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Suefan
We're "Up The Wall" with this one.

Now who doesn't get chance to wave goodbye from the jetty?

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Not sure about this one SF, is it our girl Sue who is left `beached` in `After The Love Has Gone` ?

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Suefan
No Ryan, that isn't it.  In the dance I'm thinking of five of the six girls line up on the jetty to wave but the sixth girl, who does take part in the routine, is absent at that moment.

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Suefan
A clue.  The sixth girl, who is the one I'm after as the answer, didn't have time to wave goodbye to her boyfriend from the jetty as she was still busy selling her wares in the local market.

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Oh the answer must be Rosie in `Caribbean Disco Show`, really i should have got that without the clue.

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

I will press on with another question.

Which dancer can we see wearing Lingerie of a yellow hue, not once, but twice ? Also name the routines ?

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

PattiForPM
Does the impressive Patti Hammond count in Funkin for Jamaica and perhaps Together We are Beautiful?  I'm not sure of this second answer so will await the judgement....

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Yep, Patti it is and there both the routines i had in mind.

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

PattiForPM
OK I'm going to ask another one of those questions I don't know the answer to (if you see what I mean!)  Sue was type-cast in Ruby Flipper's version of "Let Em In"  as "sister Susie."  Are there any other examples of lyrics fitting the Dancers' names or Flick using this strategy?

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Dont know if this counts, but Phil was in `Let Em In` and the lyrics were Phil & Don when he and Floid opened a door.

Also in `Barbados` Mary gets a mention to the lyrics when they say Mary Jane.

Patti danced to `The Wanderer`, in that Rosie gets a mention, but obviously that dont count.

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

PattiForPM
Wow you're good.  I did think of the Phil one but the Mary one is interesting.  Any more? (You already got the question though Ryan)

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Andeebee
i'm thinking bout Frogs

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Be interesting just to see if there are any other songs that mention TOTPs dancers names, obviously they can be really old songs or new ones.
  Heres one for example. In the Squeeze song `Slap & Tickle`, the name Pauline gets a mention. Any more ?

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

PattiForPM
One close to my heart is UB40's "Cherry Oh Baby"

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Human League had a song `Louise`

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Andeebee
Runaround Sue

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

PattiForPM
feverishly thinking of Patti songs.......

Re: THE CONTINUOUS QUIZ 002

Andeebee
there was a song from the 60's by some group called the Buckinghams called 'Susan'

Howabout 'Patty cake'???