THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

I FEEL I CAN NOT DO ALL THE OTHER DANCE TROUPES ROUTINES ON TOTP ROUTINES WITHOUT TRYING TO INCLUDE THESE PIONEERS OF DANCE ON TOTP ,THE GO JOS WERE HIRED BY JOHNNY STEWART IN LATE 64 TO TRY AND ADD A BIT OF SEX APPEAL FOR THE MALE VIEWERS OF THE SHOW AND TO INTERPRETATE A PIECE OF MUSIC THEY DID NOT HAVE COVERAGE FOR ,THE GO JOS ROUTINES WERENT A REGULAR FEATURE ON TOTP THEY WERE MORE OF GUESTS ON THE SHOW ,TRYING TO FIND DEFINITE INFO ON THEIR ROUTINES OVER THE YEARS HAS BEEN EVEN MORE OF A NIGHTMARE FOR ME THAN THE PANS PEOPLE ROUTINES ,I SOMETIMES WONDER WHY I TAKE THESE TASKS ON LOL ,THE GO JOS LINE UP WAS JO COOK WHO WAS ALSO THE CHOROGRAPHER ,LINDA HOTCHKIN AND JANE BARTLETT ,IN 1966 JO LEFT THE LINE UP AND WAS REPLACED BY BARBERA VON DE HYDE AND THELMA BRIGNALL THIS LINE UP STAYED THE SAME UNTIL 1968 WHEN LESLEY LARBEY AND WENDY HILLHOUSE MADE THE GO -JOS UP TO SIX ,THE LINE UP STAYED THE SAME UNTIL THEIR EXIT ON TOTP IN JUNE 68 ,IM HOPING THAT BY DOING THIS DATABASE PEOPLE WILL SEE THAT THEIR WORK ON TOTP AS A DANCE TROUPE HAS NOT GONE UNOTICED ,SO TO YOU THE GOJOS YOUR NAME AND CAREER MAY HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN OR UKNOTICED ELSEWHERE BUT NOT ON ONE FOR THE DADS

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

WITH EVEN MORE TOTP MATERIAL BEING WIPED IN THE 60S THAN THE 70S ,I THINK THRERE ARE ONLY 5 NOW ONE HAS BEEN RETURNED OF ACTUALL COMPLETE EDITIONS OF TOTP THAT STILL SURVIVE ,HAS MADE IT AN EVEN MORE OF A DIFFICULT TASK THAN EVER FOR RESEARCHERS ,THERE ARE NO CLIPS OF GO JOS ROUTINES THAT STILL SURVIVE APART FROM THE BOXING DAY 67 EDITION OF THEM PERFORMING TO DIANA ROSS REFLECTIONS ,AND THIS CLIP MAKES IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO IDENTIFY THE GIRLS AS INDIVIDUALS BY NAME BECAUSE OF THE HOODED COSTUMES THEY ARE WEARING

                            THE GO- JOS TOTP ROUTINES

19/11/64 -BABY LOVE -SUPREMES

10/12/64 -DOWNTOWN -PETULA CLARK

25/12/64 -XMAS 64 TOTP -GLAD ALL OVER -DAVE CLARK FIVE

25/3/65 -THE LAST TIME -ROLLING STONES

20/5/65 -THE CLAPPING SONG -SHIRLEY ELLIS

24/6/65 -ON MY WORD -CLIFF RICHARD

15/7/65 -MR TAMBOURINE MAN -BYRDS

12/8/65 -ZORBAS DANCE -MARCELLO MINERBI

6/1/66 -SPANISH FLEA -HERB ALPERT

27/1/66 -SPANISH FLEA -HERB ALPERT  -POSSIBLY A REPEAT

3/2/66 -THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN -NANCY SINATRA

24/2/66 -BARBERA ANN -BEACH BOYS

17/3/66 -BLUE RIVER -ELVIS PRESLEY

28/4/66 -SLOOP JOHN B -BEACH BOYS

1/9/66 -WORKIN IN A COALMINE -LEE DORSEY

16/9/66 -YOU CANT HURRY LOVE -SUPREMES

13/10/66 -GUANTANAMERA -SANDPIPERS

27/10/66 -REACH OUT ILL BE THERE -FOUR TOPS

8/12/66 -YOU KEEP ME HANGIN ON -SUPREMES

27/12/66 -TOTP 66 PT 2 -GOOD VIBRATIONS -BEACH BOYS

2/2/67 -SUGAR TOWN -NANCY SINITRA

10/5/67 -SWEET SOUL MUSIC -ARTHUR CONLEY

19/10/67 -THE LETTER -BOX TOPS

26/12/67 -REFLECTIONS -DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES  YES PERFORMANCE STILL SURVIVES

APRIL 68 -SIMON SAYS -1910 FRUITGUM CO

20/6/68 -JUMPIN JACK FLASH -ROLLING STONES - THE GO -JOS FINAL TOTP PERFORMANCE

I CAN SAY I AM POSITIVE THE GO JOS DID A LOT MORE ROUTINES ON TOTP ,SO I SHALL CARRY ON REASERCHING  UNTIL I FIND MORE INFO ON THESE

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

PattiforPM
Wow look at the quality of these classic tunes.  What a darned shame we can't watch the classic routines that go with them.  Thanks again for your work Jez

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Paul Goldfinch
Jez,

I remember Barbara Von Der Hyde. I was lucky enough to be a neighbour in Shoreham By Sea in West Sussex.  Sadly she died at a very young age but I can't remember when.....

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
hi paul ,this is very interesting but sad news ,did u get to know anything about barberas carreer at all from the good lady ,i have also read today that another of the original gojos jane bartlett has also passed away at sometime

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
a couple of clips of jo cooks choreography work can be seen on you tube ,she did the choreography sometimes for the 1960s pop show thank your lucky stars ,some of the original go jos can be seen dancing alongside the londonaires to their song dedicated to the avengers girl ,dearest emma ,and also along with roy c singing jumpin pnuemonia

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
i think jo cooks choreography should be shown here at the end of this topic so M can u do me the honours of posting the go-jos dancing to diana ross ,reflections here please ,the only way though is if u type in totp 67 on you tube ,it gives you totp 67 in 7 parts so if you click on part 4 of 7 that is the section that the gojos are in action on ,cheers m mate

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
the vid please sir ,many thanks

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
i hope it is your pc that is troubling you and its not that youve fell out with us ,I need u back some nights to have a chat with me ,even if its only to take the mickey out of me ,

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
thanks once again m ,thats pans people ,the gojos and teri scoble dancers routines added ,so i think that covers most of my dance troupe databases and info on one for the dads ,so you can now put your feet up young man lol

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Young Mister Grace

Here's the Londonaires "Dearest Emma" clip Jez mentioned.

Ymg

You've all done vey well!

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Young Mister Grace

...and here's "Jumpin' Pneumonia".

I've thanked nyrainbow before many times for all the great clips they've put on youtube: these are yet moreL so thanks again.

YMG

You've all done vey well!

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
Yes thanks ymg ,like ive said many times before its such a pity that hardly any of jo cooks choreography work survives apart from being the first ever totp choreographer she also was the dance director occasionally for the pop show thank your lucky stars ,discs a go go ,lulus show in 1968 and resident choreographer for the val doonican show from 1965 to 1968 infact it was whilst val was on totp performing his hit record walk tall .that he spotted the gojos who were then a new edition to the show at the same time his song was in the charts,and he said to himself then ,i would like those young ladies on my show as a regular feature .jo cook also did many other tv work as a dancer first with the beat girls on bbc2 show the beat room ,then she turned her hand to being a choreographer

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
Thanks once again M for posting this clip of jo cooks choreography work ,i think at this stage of the gojos carreer there was only one or possibly 2 of the original go jos left in the troupe