THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
Im positive panfan and gary wont mind me using this little bit of info from panspeople .com ,but linda hotchkin from the gojos has confirmed that the gojos last totp performance was to the song simon says by the 1910 fruitgum co ,im not sure of the exact date so im just gonna list it down as april 68 coz that is when she said their last performance was

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

lesley
You are quite correct, the last time the Gojos did Top of the Pops was dancing to Jumping Jack Flash when it was at number 1 in the charts. By that time Lesley Larbey and Wendy Hillhouse had joined the others to make 6

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
sorry i missed your post lesley ,yes wendy can remember dancing to jumping jack flash and jo can remember choreographing it ,so i think its now safe to add that to the database as the gojos last totp performance in june 1968

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Boogiebox
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
yes 1968 was a very unusual year for the dance acts boogiebox on totp ,for instance both the go-jos and dee dee and ruth danced on different weeks to simon says ,myself gary and panfan have all tried to work out how  and whenthese 2 performances came about ,we know that one of them was april 68 ,but who danced it first or last is still a mystery ,and why was virginia mason bought in to choregraph one of them ,when the bbc had jo cook ,i know that ruth knew colin charman who was the director of totp at the time and she and the other girls begged him to give pans a spot on the show ,which he did but then the go jos must have come back for one more final number in june 68 to the rolling stones hit , the way that the gojos found out they had been replaced on the show was ,the first they knew about it was that linda was watching totp one night and found out they had been replaced when the new dancers appeared

Hey i wonder if the post from that lady called lesley ,was lesley larbey herself ,one of the go-jos ,anyway thanks lesley very much for your info ,whoever you are

Cheers boogiebox ,i cant believe that ive never noticed after all these months that id left wooly bully out i did read they had danced to it ,id got 2 dates of possible arthur conley song the one that i have dated and the one you have given ,there was a bit of confusion at date wise ,could i possibly ask where the official go jo database is please

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Boogiebox
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

All the credit there boogiebox must go to gary and panfan over at panspeople .com for any questions regarding gojos totp routines and info ,both of them have been only more than willing to ask jo and linda and the other girls any info regarding the go-jos that i have asked questions about

i will have a look over at panspeople database ,i know me and panfan spent a bit of time discussing as to where the simon says dance came into the database ,we thought we had got a date for the gojos performance ,then some more info came in from the dancers ,so that was changed ,im not so sure we ever figured out the correct date on dee dee and ruths dance or the gojos one

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

What happened was dee dee and ruth were already members of pans people although the group had not apperaed on totp before ,the story goes as told by dee dee that virginia mason was looking for 2 dancers to appear on the following weeks totp ,it was decided because ruth knew colin charman the director of the time ,that she would appear and dee dee as well ,a few weeks later totp wanted 3 dancers so dee dee ,ruth and flick did the show ,and flick choregraphed cry like a baby record for them to dance to ,they were then called upon again in may 68 ,this time all 6 pans girls got the chance to dance together ,the rest as they say is history ,its still confusing though why jo cook was called back in on june of that year to choreograph the rolling stones number ,the only thing i can think is pheraps jo was busy choregraphing another tv show in may that year ,and the bbc hadnt made their minds up by june to replace the dancers until july ,when pans came back to dance to mony mony

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Boogiebox
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
i know jo cook was the dance director for the lulu show in may 68 boogiebox ,she could have also been involved in other choregraphy work on itv at the time ,i know the lady and the go-jos were very much in demand during the 1960s ,they were involved in 3 or 4 series of the saturday night prime time slot of the val doonican show ,the jo cook dancers appeared on thank your lucky stars and the gojos appeared on an itv pop special called a tale of 2 rivers that included top pop stars of the day ,these were just a few shows they appeared on as well as welsh tvs discs a go go as you mentioned
pans didnt dance to honey by bobby goldboro ,im not sure if the gojos did or not ,i will try to find out

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

PattiforPM
I remember doing Biochemistry at Med School and hearing a couple of my Professors discussing their subject was very much like the feeling I'm getting now

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Boogiebox
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.