THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
im gonna take a wild guess on flicks solo performance of bridge over troubled waters ,ive studied various databases and info over the years ,i believe i read the routine was done using only one camera that day ,because of some kind of strike at the bbc ,so the episode in 1970 that has got nothing only repeats against live performances and songs that were shown on film for that edition was the 5/3/70 and that edition had bridge over troubled water in the line up ,so im guessing this might have been the date for that performance ,i just need someone to confirm it ,before i can add it to the database on that date

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Boogiebox
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Paperboyplod
I quick butcher's hook at panspeople.com, tells me that on 2/2/67, The Gojo's danced to "Sugar Town" by Nancy Sinatra.

That's the only routine mentioned for that date, nothing listed for the following week.

Methinks they didn't dance to "I'm A Believer", at any time on TOTP!

hi clayre ,not 100 percent sure about the im a believer song ,im almost sure the gojos didnt dance to the song as the gojos were only used if and when on the show ,but the gojos are always willing to help with any info they can gary over at panspeople once said ,anyway i have listed a few songs and asked gary if he will kindly ask the ladies if any of the songs were danced by the gojos ,it would be good if we could fill a few more gaps on dates and songs on the gojos database,ive always thought the ladies deserved a bit more credit and recognition for their work on totp ,and this last 12 months ive done my best on here to try and do just that

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Boogiebox
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
If anyone reads the comments following on from the gojos dance routines , a couple of years ago there was a message been left for me telling me that he had known barbera von der hyde and that she had died years ago at an early age ,well can i just put the record straight ,recent confirmation from gary who does the biographies on pp.com ,says that barbera is alive and well ,so that post was pure lies ,that is 4 times now on this website ive been taken for a fool by people giving false claims and false info ,about either knowing the dancers or being related to the dancers ,i suggest if people have got nothing better to do than make false posts up ,then go and make them on another website ,because quite frankly ive had enough of being taken for a fool,i wish to appologise to barberas family and friends for any upset that may have occured reading the false post

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

PattiforPM
Yes Jez this is a real shame but we've all been fooled so you're certainly not alone.  We've also made the reverse mistake and doubted legitimate relatives of course but it's far too easy to fool people on the internet so I guess we have all learned lessons over time.  Hopefully it doesn't prevent us finding out new information as sometimes these little "tips" from strangers can be a gold mine too.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Paperboyplod
Despite what looks like there being a troll in the midst, it's good to know that Barbera's still with us, after the doubts being felt about that.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
Its been a very good while that any fresh info has come to light regarding The Gojos dances on Totp ,but reading in a book someone to do with jimmy hendrix group wrote ,that he remembers a totp edition  in 1967 where pans people danced with psychedelic lighting to the four tops ,seven rooms of gloom ,as it was the time of The Gojos era ,I would imagine he had just presumed looking back it was pans people that were associated dance wise on the show ,but in reality it would have been The Gojos ,but im still a little reluctant to add this to the database ,just incase his memory was of just some girls in the studio audience dancing.to the song.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Mikey
I'm surprised to see a Gojo's appearance as late as June 1968 i thought Pans had moved in permanently by that point, i still find this overlap time a little confusing.

Jez, have you ever come across this article from Diana comic, Sept 1966, unfortunately this is only a preview and is completely unreadable even when you enlarge it. It seems to only feature 3 of the dancers. I thought there may be a mention of some of the dances.

The links to Dearest Emma and Jumpin Pneumonia YMG posted are not working but these are ok. Not sure if this is the right section but better than nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alhTUo6Xhbw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhs10E281hI

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

JEZ
Hi mikey ,what a fantastic find ,its such a pity that we can't read the article ,there could be snippets of info about the gojos that are new to us ,I dont really know why thelma has wasnt in on the article ,I think she has been cut out of the pic on top ,the one with just their faces shown ,as the exact same pic was used for another article ,only thelma is far right on the pic ,advertising the three of a kind tv show ,in 1967,yes The gojos last ever totp performance was in june 1968 ,one of the new gojos that were recruited in 1968 ,said her first and last apperance ewas to ,jumpin jack flash in june of that year .Totp in 1968 ,was a very strange year for dance troupes ,we had the resident troupe of the time The gojos ,then diane south did a solo to judy in disguise ,then came four unnamed dancers who.also performed to simon says ,after the gojos had done it,then 3 of pans people to cry like a baby,followed by pans people as six ,,then came back The gojos for one last dance ,and in late autumn sandy sarjant did a solo to love child .a very mixed upp year indeed.

Ive noticed as well mikey ,there has been an excellent picture of The gojos from 1967 ,for sale on e bay ,it is a signed pic from all 4 girls .

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Mikey
Yes, 1968 seems to be a peculiar year for TOTP dancers and they had no real reason to change i would have thought.

The Gojos 1967 pic is the same one i posted on the 25th April, i just cropped the border, interestingly in the description it says 'From a collection gathered between 1966 and 1968' i wonder what the other items were.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/GoJo-s-Picture-s-tp2744314p4149122.html

Thats great mikey that you posted the pic on here ,I honestly dont know how I missed your post of the 1967 autographed picture ,as it is one of the best pictures of The original GoJos ,I have seen as yet.

Re: THE GO JOS TOTP DANCE ROUTINES

Mikey
Jez, the info on the Genome lists the Gojos as appearing on 26-12-66, one of only 3 TOTP listings for them, the other 2 being 27-12-66 and 26-12-67.

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/87040cae50394b1883ff5f4be8cba608