THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

**(DOTD selections/comments only, thanks)**
THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL  George Benson
13/10/77  Dancers --  Gill, Lulu, Rosie, Patti, Sue.
A link to the dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPp2XaVFcCY

Seems silly to include `From Here To Eternity` in this, we cant really see the dancers can we ! So i will move on this.

Well this one gets no better does it, cant say it features on my play list ever. I will award DOTD to `Rosie`, who once again plays the lead in a routine very well. Just a shame she was lumbered with the unnecessary spot on her chin.

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Yes I agree, the ribbons, flowers, makeup and bedsheets are unable to hide Rosie's beauty here.  Patti has a few good moments and the rest of the flock is in good unison but overall this is not one of my most valued performances at all.  Rosie it is then for DotD

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Paperboyplod
Rosie

The epitome of cuteness, with just a little more than the other dancers, but maybe that's because she appears to be enjoying the routine the most of all.

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Not my favourite routine at all, large bed sheeted birds, shocking song....

Rosie it has to be

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Not the most interesting of routines.

I'll go for Rosie for DotD too.

btw, if we did feature "From Here to Eternity", my DotD would have been Lulu.

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

bucksby
Yeah this routine is far from vintage I'm afraid. Rosie gets my DOTD
LNV

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

LNV
The worst thing about this Routine believe it or not is the way in which George Benson delivers the song, in an over enunciated style that tries to come across as ever so sincere, pure hokum syrupy I’m so concerned about our Children’s future blah blah.  The sentiments are not to be faulted but please it just is phoney to me.

The Routine is nice to look at, with a golden summery feel at the start, bed sheets and all. Though using the word ‘nice’ is as good as it gets in damning something with faint praise, I suppose. As the lighting changes to a white balance look, are they supposed to be dancing in the moonlight ? I like the cool light blue colour that appears on the edging of the outfits. Then once again at the dance finish all turns a golden yellow. There will be a significance to this no doubt, knowing our Flick's liking for hidden symbolism or a meaning connected to the song that the Troupe are dancing to. Maybe I over analyse.

I can stand to watch it more often than most, going off comments made about it so far.

Anyway Rosie is a delight so that can only mean:

DotD: Rosie.
Stu

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Stu
Clean sweep... Rosie gets my vote here.

Stuey

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Adorable Gillusion
DOTD...Rosie

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Doc
I see no reason not to keep the clean sweep going so Rosie it is.

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Who's That Hurll
Rosie.

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

The Dotd in this routine will go Rosie.

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Old Grey Whistler
Rosie is in pole position for this dance and gets my vote.

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)

Angie
DOTD: Rosie

Re: THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL (DOTD)