Quantcast

THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

  A place to leave your thoughts and comments on this most wonderful woman. Not just sue freaks but all L+Co fans out there. I will pay a daily hommage by commenting on individual clips shes appeared in, but for starters i think i need to reaffirm Sues postion in the troupe.
  I think its pretty obvious, even to our Patti friends out there, that Sue is the head girl of our favorite troupe. Of course nothing was ever made official about this, but it stands out a mile. I also believe that Ruth and Flick realised this also, they may aswell have given her a head girl badge to wear, coz she fully deserved it.  I`ll give you 2 examples of this, not dance routines ,to show you why shes so prominent and there both on here to view.
   That Tiswas thing. Notice who gets the front row middle chair. This is not a coincidence, but stategic placing. Top eye candy must go in the centre. The woman was so intelligent to. See the way she covers up, while that clown Tarrants mates are flinging the pies. I love the way she looks at Tarrant also , that thing she does with her eyebrows just blows me away.
   Also `the true story` the 2000 TOTP doc. Who does most of the talking,who gets one of the centre seats again and who is central on the official photograph taken that day. Yep its our Sue again. Dosent she look good for 44 also, and what a surpisingly posh voice.
   Theres tons of dance shoots to show her prominence, but i think my points been made. I think Sue is a top all round perfomer, wether its corny or serious, slow or quick shes the girl for the job. The other girls were at times a little one dimensional sometimes dont you think. Ok i`ll excuse Patti from this, she was very good also. Patti can be Sues 1st lieutenant, Gill her lance coporal and Lulu,Rosie and Pauline just pivates i`m affaid.
   I`ve got a feeling i may have just wound a lot of you lot up. But thats a good thing, lets debate. Patti fans get that keyboard going. Sue fans start to rejoice. The battle may soon be won. Or is it ?

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

Suefan
Ryan, I'm not sure about that front row centre thing on Tiswas.  I reckon some of the other girls had spotted that might be right in the firing line and of course it was - our favourite is soon soaked.  Gill's expression at about the two minute mark is a classic and I bet we've all seen that at home.  Would have loved for her and Sue to flan Tarrant as they threaten to.

Being serious for a mo our girl was acknowledged as head girl in one of the TOTP Annual articles on Legs - my cousin still has a bunch of them so I'll try and get her to dig them out.  Having been in Pans the job could hardly have fallen to anyone else.  However, like all head girls she had to take a few roughs with the smooth, from being strangled by that serpent to the Ma Baker travesty.

A bit harsh on the lovely Lulu.  I'm surprised there has not been more interest in my number 2 girl.

Looking forward to hearing your take on some of the routines; how big is your collection of clips if you don't mind me asking?

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

  Whoa hold on there. I`ve only recently got back into these girls. All my stuff went ages ago. It proberly went in the bin 2 years ago with the marriage, along with all my other stuff. Nowdays i`m back on my feet again, that was a really bad time for me. I can only go on this blog and stuff like youtube nowdays. I would appreciate any advice from any of you lot on how to start collecting again, as i would like this so much. As you lot know i`m a complete nut when it comes to this lot. I`m affraid i can only go on memories from the 70`s, but my enthusiasm is stronger than ever. I could talk all day about about these special times and these lovely women and often bore my work mates silly over it. They just dont get it ! All you regular contributers are really cool though and i admire the fact you`ve all got stacks of stuff. I`d love a rummage through it.
  Cheers Ryan.

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

Patti'sdaughter
Ryan if you watch closely to all the tiswas programme that my Mum and Co was on you will find that Sue never answered any of the questions.  The first question my Mum answered which was correct, Lulu got the second one wrong as it was rigged from the start if you listen to her answer.  The numbers question it was Pauline who read the answer out and Sue basically butted in.  If I was there I would have sat on the back row as the front would have got flanned more.  Its basic common sense if you look at it.  So I think it's my Mum thats the most intelligent one.  As for the TOTP's in 2000 Sue got to speak more because she was in pans People as they went from the Go JO's to Legs & Co.  Lulu said that she wished she could have done alot more ballet like my Mum all the girls agreed including Sue that was said in an interview in TOTP's annual.  My Mum is a far better dancer as Flick never asked my Mum to do an audiction to be a member in Ruby Flipper.  Sue had to to  become a member in Pan's People.

amy x

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

Patti'sdaughter
Ryan im sorry.  Ive been abit of a cow recently to you so im appologising.  As you can understand that im still only a child.

Are you very serious about buying PP/RF and Legs & Co dvds?  Because my brother found a man who sells them you can buy and bid for them.  He said it last night that they have all RF and L&C routines on dvd but they were not cheap.  they are recorded from German tv.  It's a man who lives in Manchester  so when my Mum comes back from shopping I will ask her for his details for you.  I begged my Mum  last night to buy them for me and as usual I got my own way.  She bought the RF dvd and made a bid on the l&c's.  The man sells alot of them so he sells to order.  amy xx
amy x

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

  Amy its ok. i was only really trying to wind up our canadian friend Pattiforpm., but hes not taking the bait. As you know i`ve said loads of kind stuff about your mum this week all of which i truly mean. But i am serious about the things i said about Sue. Its my personnel opinions about Sue which i fully believe in and always will. I am really serious about starting to collect again, so thanx for the advice.
    No matter who is our favorite we are all on the same side, theres not to many of us, were from all walks of life and of all ages. But sometimes a little light banter is a good thing. I quite enjoyed last saturday night with the run in between me and p4pm and later ymg stepping in. I was rather hoping for more of the same tonight. You sound quite passionate about all this legs and co stuff, so i say well done to you.

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

Patti'sdaughter
Hi Ryan,  I feel so guilty now.  I know that Sue is your favourite and always will be.  And that everybody has their own opinions and views.  I guess you understand why I do and have stuck up for my Mum.  I think its because I dont know Sue much at all really only what I read and get told of you guys.  Sue is a great dancer and is sexy too.  I would put her in my number 3 joint place with Gill.  At least she gone up a few places.

Ive got the details for the dvd man.  If you go onto ioffer.com  and look for a man called jimmyv6 or jimmyr6 (my Mum couldnt remember but its one of them.  think its because she was putting the shopping away) he sells them.  You need to set up an account to pay by credit card or paypal.  paypal is the safest way to do it my brother said.  Have a go and let us know so we can swap videos on ONEFORTHEDADS.

I got the TOTP's annuals from ebay, they sell thing like mugs, pictures, posters and vinal records that PP sang on, and other tv annuals that PP and L&C are in.

Ryan, we friends again?     amy xx
amy x

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

Its ok,we were friends anyway. Thanx for the info, i`ll  look into it.

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

OK I've been out all day in the Mall Xmas Shopping and I'm ready for a brawl.  Amy may be limited by politeness and good manners but I'm certainly not.  Ryan what is all this nonsense about "head girl" and being a natural leader of the Troupe?  There's a lovely moment in the "Black Betty" routine where Sue forgets her place and glances over at Patti, who's truly shaking her groove thang as usual, and then Sue has to pick up where her more illustrious compadre has already started.  Just check it out.  My other favourite routine with both girls in full flow is "One Nation Under the Groove" which is super sexy and almost made poor Kid Jensen pass out!  Just look at Sue looking admittedly darn hot on the front left but Patti front and centre looking like a woman possessed in the sexiest khaki getout the world has ever seen.  The defence rests.
No Static at all

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

 I`ve got the expression `head girl`from the totp annual of 1980 which descibes Sue perfectly. Ok Patti may be senior in age and have Slightly more dancing experience, but Sue for me oozes leadership quality. Its just something i`ve always took for granted, i thought everbody in the L&co fraternity did as well. I fimly believe if you did a poll of the 6 girls they would also fall into line with my thinking. Are you going to leave your small tribute on the Sue worshipping thread then p4pm. Just think of that nice posting i did of your lovely Patti the other day.

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

PattiForPM
Oh OK OK Ryan, you know my real feelings about Sue.  She's a great dancer and the one area where I think she always exceeded even my precious Patti was in the energy/stamina/speed section.  Sue is just high high energy and very flexible but is able to slow down to silky smooth when she needs to.  Patti exudes sex appeal and energy too but her silkiness sometimes seemed to stop her following Susie's super-speed.  I must also get back to my fovourite Pans People routine of all time "Down Down" by Status Quo and it was Sue that I recall from this almost making me swoon as a panting teenager in 1975.  All in all I share your respect for Sue as a fine member of all the Troupes and absolutely agree that Cherry and Sue (followed by Mary) breathed new life into  Pans People in the early to mid 70's.  Of course I can't close without stating that I'm still betrothed to Patti however
No Static at all

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

Cheers p4pm they were nice words about Sue. I`ve had a Ruby Flipper sort of night watching all 31 apps on here. I just cant split Patti and Sue`s dancing. I forgot you guys are 4 or 5 hours behind us here. I fully take on board your feelings towards Patti`s sex appeal, i mentioned that in my tribute, and share your thoughts about tempo and stamina concerning Sue. Without wanting to upset Amy any further tonight theres one thing i cant yield on and thats the unofficial leadership on our troupe. I know Patti won our supertroupe ballot the other day, but i think the longer that went on Sue would have closed the gap and maybe forced a re-count. I hope you dont mind the bit of fun we`ve had. Its so good to have chaps like you fighting the L&Co battle. After all we have got one common goal. I look forward to locking horns or is that antlers with you, again soon.
   cheers to you Pattiforpm my friend.
           Ryan.

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

 Hi p4pm, just checked the Black Betty shoot If you mean the glance at 1.23 your a very hard task master. I could say clutching at straws, talk about nanoseconds. I thought Gill was quite woeful in this like it was to much effort. Nice close up of Lulu looking hot though.

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

Hey Ryan, I'm going to get serious with you  but don't worry it's only for a moment!  I've been thinking about why I am drawn to Patti more than Sue despite her charms and skill and I think it boils down to a certain warmth and connection Patti suggests when she dances.  For me it's a little like the very best performances one sees on stage.  A couple of examples for me would be Peter Gabriel and Freddie Mercury.  When you are at their concerts you get that personal connection thing happening.  Patti does that too I think and the quality of her dancing and the facial expressions and her interpretation within the routines makes this happen.  Sue for me is superb but still a little distant and beyond reach whereas Patti is looking for us to make sure we are watching.  Ok that's enough depth for now.  I still think they're both superb dancers and if Patti didn't show up for the Lobster I'd probably call to see if Sue was free (not that she'd even consider it if SueFan and you had already taken her to see the sights of London and CapeTown!
No Static at all

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

 Good god talk about deep thinking mate. Yep i can just about buy what you said. I always thought Sue may be a little aloof with the ordinary punter. May be a bit standoffish. Patti does exude a certain warmth with her cheery smile. Could be for me that Sue is so far removed from an ordinary joe like myself that i`m drawn to her distant charms. This one could run and run between us.
   Is there no chance that you could see yourself yielding on the`head girl`bit. I`know i would be happy then. A victory of sorts. I certainly would not be triumphant over this as it would be the narrowest of victories. I would even be prepared to concede that Patti may just be the best dancer by the tiniest of margins. Could we do a deal ?
   Sue Menhenick - Head girl of the troupe.
 Patti Hammond - best dancer of the troupe.

I look forward to your take on this. Its 1.30 in the morning here,in other words bedtime. I hope your agreeable to my suggestion !

OK Ryan I'll take the deal.  Sue does win on longevity and TV experience and may have been the leader.  Goodnight my friend (You'll be dreaming of Sue by now and I'm off to try to dream of Patti)
No Static at all

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

Suefan
Now then Pattiforpm - what's all this nonsense I hear about Sue forgetting her place during Black Betty - Mrs Slocombe has had to go for a lie down and poor old Young Mister Grace will need the attention of a couple of nurses this evening if he is not to have a relapse!  The very idea....

No, no, no, my dear sir, like all good leaders she is just casting a concerned eye over the troops, making sure they are all doing ok and keeping up.  Not that it seems to be doing much good in Gill's case but Patti is right on it.  Distracted as I have been by Sue's stockings and suspenders I hadn't noticed before but she is one wild mamma in that number.  A visit to Headmistress Flick's study for Gill after the show.  Doubt that would have worried her though - beneath that calm unruffled exterior I imagine one feisty lady.

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

 A daily review of my favourite clips of the `Head Girl`. All these clips are on here to enjoy. Some only on download. Share your thought with me. These are in no particular order.
  No 1-- Legs and Co.` CHANSON D`AMOUR` by Manhatton Transfer from Feb 77.

  In this very little mentioned routine theres loads of sexy chair work . I usually find bringing chairs on a dance set is a bit of a cop out,but not on this occassion. Infact Sue spends most of her time in this just looking dreamy, posing and doing sexy back arches in a sitting position. Nice seat work from Lulu and Patti also. Rosie shows of her long legs trying to get comfy on her chair. Pauline goes through her range of funny but cute faces. This clip is of crystal clear quality as shown by Gills lovely close up, what a beauty. One loser in the shoot is Lulu who is unfortunate to have a weird camera angle shoved in her face for 30 seconds. But the flip side to this is that in the same freaky shot Sue gets the better side of the deal. An ultra extreme close up showing us fans what a stunner she really was. Sue did`nt do much dancing in this, but it was such a treat for us Sue fans at the time and indeed now to see her so close.

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

Hi Pattiforpm, forgot to ask but any chance you could send YMG One Nation Under the Groove, one I've never seen.

Enjoying the light-hearted banter.

Re: THE SUE MENHENICK APPRECIATION THREAD.

PattiForPM
Hi SueFan, I'll get right on it but batten down your hatches when watching, it's a bit of a corker!
No Static at all