THEME FROM MAHOGANY -- 15/04/1976

Re: THEME FROM MAHOGANY -- 1976

Dancer
I absolutely love this song.  I remember it being released and fell in love with it straight away.  Never seen the film unfortunately.  The album from which this track would be lifted was to be Diana's best album for a long time entitled Diana Ross and is one of my desert island albums.  The b-side to this song "No one's gonna be a fool forever" is equally beautiful and has only just surfaced on the two-cd limited edition Diana Ross album (as well the To Love Again album).  I really would have liked this song to go Top 3 but alas No.5 it was and it is a staple on any easy listening radio station.

The dance itself was absolutely beautiful.  I could not remember it when it first aired but saw it again in my collection in the noughties and is one of my all time top 10 Pans People routines.  The girls look beautiful and I always think those dresses are the ones they wore for the Barry White's performance What Am I Gonna Do with You.  Can someone clarify?  The girls really complemented the song as they had to look sad as the main character did not know where she was going to.

I will give the dance ten out of ten and it is really really difficult to find the best dancer as they all excelled so well.  To conclude I will opt for Ruth as she looked lovely, had lovely hair and did a lovely twirl in the middle of the routine.  Well done my lovely.

Re: THEME FROM MAHOGANY -- 1976

VintageVideos
Dancer wrote
The girls look beautiful and I always think those dresses are the ones they wore for the Barry White's performance What Am I Gonna Do with You.  Can someone clarify?
Yes that is correct! I have to confess I did not realize that before. Maybe because there was more than a year between those two dances.

Re: THEME FROM MAHOGANY -- 1976

Dancer
Thank you Vintage Videos.

Re: THEME FROM MAHOGANY -- 1976

Everything'sRosie
Such a haunting routine topped and tailed by the beautiful Mary and Sue. Probably my favourite non-Legs dance. The song is utterly superb and the girls rise to the occasion in their ethereal gowns of white. An easy 10/10. DOTD, hard to choose between Mary and Sue, but I'm going for Mary as there's just not enough Mary about

Re: THEME FROM MAHOGANY -- 1976

VintageVideos
Welcome to the Pan's People Comments Section, Everything'sRosie! Now that the tenure of Legs & Co. on BBC4 is almost over, it is indeed a good time to re-visit some of the older dances. And what better year to start with than 1976, one of the greatest years for us aficionados of the dancers with no less than three troupes performing! I am sure you will enjoy your time on this thread as there are lots of great dances to discover, even for a die-hard Legs & Co. fan.

Re: THEME FROM MAHOGANY -- 1976

Everything'sRosie
Cheers VV, you'll find me popping up all over the forum. I was an unparticipating observer of the quiz the other night and it made me realise that a seasoned quizzer like me needs to do my homework if I'm to stand a chance, and that means plenty of PP & RF research. Isn't life a chore

Re: THEME FROM MAHOGANY -- 1976

Everything'sRosie
Haha, yeah 78 might have been the year of 3 popes, but far more important is 76...the year of 3 TotPs dance troupes!

Re: THEME FROM MAHOGANY -- 15/04/1976

MADMAX
This song never did anywhere near as well down here, although I remember it quite well. This is a top performance from "PANS".Enjoyed watching this one.   9   DOTD  Again a hard pick, but I think for me "RUTH"  stood out, just looked lovely!
12