(THEY LONG TO BE) CLOSE TO YOU -- 15/10/1970

Re: CLOSE TO YOU -- 1970

PansLegs
VintageVideos wrote
1/7/71 is another episode with mute links
I forgot that one.

Re: CLOSE TO YOU -- 1970

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: CLOSE TO YOU -- 1970

VintageVideos
Thanks for your ratings, Heartthrobfan. It's nice to see you enjoy so many of the classic (early) Pan's People routines. It seems you don't have difficulties identifying the dancers any longer, one learns quite quickly here as we all experienced

Re: CLOSE TO YOU -- 1970

Dancer
I first saw this routine on TOTP2 and remember Steve Wright passing comment on the attire.  I never really got it at all and found the routine to be a little dull.  I am a huge Carpenters fan and have all of their CDs.  Their music will never die and this song especially was so lovely to hear first thing in the morning when Mom was getting me ready to go to school.  It was just perfect but again I don't like the routine for the song.  I will award this dance seven out of ten and the best dancer will go to Andrea.

Re: (THEY LONG TO BE) CLOSE TO YOU -- 15/10/1970

MADMAX
We have a double, Firstly, Its great to see a "Pans" number being featured. A fairly conservative routine but very nice just the same. The girls looked beautiful in their long gowns. Secondly, "Carpenters", Karen was a lovely singer, nice easy listening  music. Made #1  Aug. '70 down here with this one. I believe she could play the drums too. So for me this is a  "9"

Re: (THEY LONG TO BE) CLOSE TO YOU -- 15/10/1970

With this routine to the Carpenters first hit. The wonderful Close To You, sung by the wonderful Karen Carpenter. Our ladies are in elegant mode. The colourful costumes were inspired by The Forsyte Saga. And the elegant dance movement through out the routine are just wonderful. There is a wonderful moment in the routine. Were the ladies spin in a circle and the movement blow out the elegant dresses. We see that we don't have Flick in this routine. But all the ladies are good in the routine.

The Dotd will after go to Andi, who remind me of Nyree Dawn Porter, who was in the Forsyte Saga.

The score must be 8 out of 10.
12