THIS IS IT -- [January]

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Old Bill
Oops this one nearly gave me the slip.

I can't quite decide whether the song is annoying and a fleeting nothing, or quite fun and jolly. Possibly both! But never the less it gives the girls something good and solid and bouncey to dance to.

I don't think it's Flick's most inspired, with the finger wagging and 1920s-flapper-style hands-on-knees, but it all adds up to something really quite enjoyable.
The set is quite awful. So Pauline earns herself a drink for her attempt to pull it down.

A 7.5/10 from me, and although it's Pauline's dance and she is adorable and wonderful she is just pipped to DotD post by Lulu's looks & singing.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

9/10 and the dotd has 'gotta be' Pauline.
Still living in 1979

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Hey Andy thanks catching up on some of these comments this morning. Ive inputed your score ratings to the charts. Also thanks for sharing your first experience of Legs & Co, its always of interest how folk first discovered our dancers.

Just to say, im sure our other two hosts on the Pans & Ruby comments sections would also like to have some of your input. I understand your a fan of those dance troupes too, so please pay those sections a visit. Cheers.

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Who's That Hurll
I voted for this as my favourite of January, but I believe it was usurped by 'September' in the poll count.
This is the second time a troupe has danced to a song called 'This is It' - the other being Melba Moore's 1976 offering that was danced to by a section of Ruby Flipper. Whilst I prefer Melba's song to Dan's, it is the reverse for the dance routine.
The girls look shiny and glamorous, as if they were ready to perform in the latest Busby Berkeley musical and whilst we do have some chorus line high kicks and twirls, there's some individual and grouped variety brought to the proceedings.
This has to be one of Pauline's best routines and she receives my DOTD. 8.75/10.

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Not a massive fan of this song, but the ladies more than make up for this with a cracking routine. I love the simplicity of the sexy white leotards covered over by the sequenced tops, with a few nice leg kicks and some close ups of the girls too. All our dancers shine here but DOTD has to be Pauline as centre stage.

Rating 8/10

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

MADMAX
Another nice one from Legs, lively dance, sexy outfits, Got to see all the girls, nicely danced.  Score   9      DOTD  Pauline (that beautiful smile)

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Dancer
This was a fairly good disco/cheesy song but nothing like his first song.  He did not really do too much single wise.  I think he then tried a follow up ballad "Time and Space" after this which did nothing at all.  I felt the song could have had more bass but the routine to this is good.  Really enjoyed the girls dancing to this.  Not too keen on the outfits but everything else was fine.  I will award this one ten out of ten and the best dancer awarded to Pauline for her solo spot.

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Everything'sRosie
Memo to Gill, it might be a good idea to start smiling while still covered by the girl in front! But what of the routine. The record might be a tad tiresome, but this dance fizzles. And with those jewel-encrusted slips and quick arm and leg choreography I'm getting a Charleston vibe, indeed, Lulu seems to be appearing by kind permission of the 1920s. Can't say this is a particular favourite but it bounces along, and the ever-smiley Pauline (that's how to do it Gill ) gets my DotD vote for being the girl who dances alone.

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

The Rubberband Man
There’s a number of things that unfortunately combine to let down this dance sequence. I’m not keen on the song, the set is a disaster – Pauline and Patti disappear round the side of it at times, there’s a number of mistakes made in the dancing, and all the quick edits make the choreography look like a number of set pieces strung together rather than there being a nice flow to the whole routine.

It’s saved by the enthusiasm and energy that the girls put into the actual dancing. There’s lots of the dance moves that we love to see – the high kicks, booty shakes and the strutting, and the costumes are also great. And then there’s Lulu's criss cross knees moves - absolutely superb.

8/10
DOTD: This is it for Pauline
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Thanks ER & TRBM for your continued comments. Your brace of 8's are not enough to keep `This Is It` in the Legs & Co top 100 and it slips quietly away.

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Everything'sRosie
As a matter of interest, to be replaced by what?

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Everything'sRosie wrote
As a matter of interest, to be replaced by what?
Positions 90 to 100.

`This Is It` was on 8.50 and as now slipped to 8.47 and so is no longer a member of that prodigious club. As `Come On Dance Dance`, `Boogie Oogie Oogie` and `Somebody To Love` are all on 8.48, the table then included 101 members. Now TII has gone, its now nicely back to 100 members exactly.

The bottom of the top 100 table does change quite often, though naturally its not something that gets viewed by many people, if any !

Re: THIS IS IT -- [January]

Everything'sRosie
Ah, thanks Ryan. I can live with that. Boogie Oogie Oogie and Come On Dance should definitely be in the top 100.