TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

Yes i know its a rubbishy thing to start a new thread on. But in regards to the famous TISWAS clip. Which of the girls uttered the words, in true Victor Meldrew style "I Don't Believe It" when they first get flanned and watered. Ive watched this clip many times and in all honesty i struggling to say which one of the six said it.

On the front row we have Gill, Sue & Lulu. Gill can be discounted as we can see clearly she is not speaking (no surprise there then). Lulu is looking down, but i dont think she is saying anything. Sue could be a candidate, but she appears to be laughing so much at the time.

This leaves the three at the back. We can see Pauline's face and id say she isn't speaking either. This leaves the obscured faces of Patti & Rosie so im going for one of them. It doesn't sound like Patti's really posh voice, so im going to say its the lesser posh voiced Rosie. What do you lot think ?

For those who haven't watched this fun clip, click the link below.The scene im on about is at 3.06 mins. Again lets be so thankful this survives for us to enjoy some 36 years later.
https://youtu.be/ojbADU0brqM

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

Mikey
I never had this problem with the Nolan sisters...

I love this clip, I'd say the voice you refer to is probably Rosie, its well spoken posh-ish southern accent.

The funniest bit is when they all crack up because the little kid falls over and Tarrent doesn't even notice.

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

Trouble with the clip is that there is so much going on its difficult who to focus on. I like the scene were both Gill & Sue are poised with foam on the end of the paper plates ready to fire at Dennis. I must admit id probably also say that its Rosie who says the words.

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

I think you are right Ryan. It sound like Rosie. I see that Dennis Waterman  dosn't get hit once. At least our ladies sporting bunch for taking part.

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

I also think it's Rosie as listening to Rosie's birthday wishes with Mike Read I definately think that's her voice.

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

I think Rosie is the Plaintive of the Day too.  The whole Troupe is absolutely great in this but I do feel particularly sorry for Patti who almost dies of pie-induced-asphyxia.  I just wish someone with my training had been on hand to clear her airway....

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

Sue Menhenick
Yes, it's our lovely Rosie who utters in the Queens English  (!) and the Victor Meldrew phrase ..."I don't believe it !"
We all knew that we would end up wearing , some of the cream pies ...... but have to say the exhubarant chucking of buckets of yucky water were a bit of a shock ! 😄  The floor assistants were really enjoying themselves , and were getting rather carried away ......
Dennis Waterman had clearly escaped any moisture or mess 😈, ( how sexist is that ! Lol !) so as usual ...Legs rose to the occasion by facing ( literally ) the full force  of  the slapstick fun,  even though poor Patti was hit by water and pie at the same time full on, and couldn't see for most of that segment.
We soon realised that whether we were correct or incorrect with our answers ....we were going to cop it one way of the other,  and as usual, we just saw the funny side .....
Think someone off camera managed to repay Chris Tarrant after we were done with  a couple of pies ! As for the pristine and dry Dennis Waterman  ? He just disappeared very quickly afterwards !! 😈😄

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

sueforever
Thank you for your answer Sue, and to say that Dennis Waterman played tough guys. We can say that you ladies are really tough and like fun, LoL.

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

Dancer
I have seen that flan issue on TV and likewise thank you for the response Sue.  It was always at the back of my mind too.  It certainly shows how vain Mr Waterman was then and also a chicken.  Never rated his acting at all.  His only excellent part was in the black comedy of the eighties  "The Life and Loves of a She Devil" when he played Bobbo.

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

CoffeeThing
I love the Tiswas clip, such fun, the water looked cold too as a few gasps are heard. As a youngster back in 1978 (I think), I won a local newspaper competition to appear on the show. It was a fantastic day, Sylvester McCoy tripped over me from behind  sat on the floor with all the other kids as the usual chaos ensued. I would so love to know if the footage still exists. My mum and I went to the ATV canteen after for lunch and somehow ended up in the bar with Chris and the crew including Sylvester (who bought me a Coke and said that's better than a kick in the back, bless him) , and a fair few of the Crossroads cast much to my mum's delight. I was quite young and the memory is a bit vague but I do remember Chris being a scream. I think the Tiswas  t-shirt is still around somewhere

Re: TISWAS query thats really bugging me, who said those words !

Everything'sRosie
A great memory for you, CT. Tiswas was a scream. I'm sure the health and safety types would never let something as anarchic as that get on live television now.
Queens of My Soul