TOP Cheerleader 83/84

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Legsfan
I think TOP Fan means the 2018 1981-1983 repeats which were shown in full until December 1981, from that point onwards most were 30 minute edits with only an incredibly small number of complete editions being shown.
In fact, the BBC made a really big mistake by changing the runtimes on the BBC website from 40 minutes to 30 minutes to reflect these edits, so now the runtimes are very inaccurate.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

TOP Fan
How fitting that the last of the present  TOPs 1985 repeats, week ending June 16th 2018,  should finish with Tricia, looking her best ever, dancing in the playout. How confident she looks now and much slimmer than if you watch her in the 1983 editions.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

I've edited my first post on page one to an index of the main photo sections and features. I hope people find this useful.
I'm still working on 1983 (about 3/4 of the way through) and we have the first two months of 1986 to go; so updates will be ongoing...……...for now.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

TOP Fan
Many thanks for the updates, always wondered who the easter bunny was. Tricia still my number 1 !!!!

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Is this Sandy at the end of the 2-1-86 show?

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Gorgeous Daze
I'd say no Mikey, I don't think it's an addition to the Bourne legacy.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Ok thanks GD, i knew it was a long shot, since shes been off the show a fair while.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Colm
The only cheerleaders I spotted on the first show from 1986 were Alex, Tony (who gets the end podium spot), Andrew Downes and two females - one behind Sophia George who was really getting into the "Girlie Girlie" performance - and one of the many blondes who are easy to confuse.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Here's a nice clip from Jim'll Fix It in 1986, with some familiar faces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQTn225Sp9M

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
Wow! That's fantastic, Mikey. Can someone (Legsfan?) post a permanent copy to view on the thread please?

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Is that Gina behind the counter? who seems to have been given the short straw.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Doc
Yes.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

                                'TURNING AWAY' - SHAKIN STEVENS (JIM'LL FIX IT, 1986)

STARRING:  GINA KEER, SUSAN SAPSFORD, ALEX JOANNOU, JOHN GOLDSMITH AND MARK ROWAN.

                                 Surely you're not having two to yourself, Susan?  Oh I see...you are.

                             "I don't believe it! Sappy's  slipped in a 50 cent coin.  You wait until I see her after the show!"

                                "Oi Shaky! Would you mind not sitting on the counter - I only polished it this morning".

                                                                Mark checks his hair.

                                                   Whilst Susan applies some lipstick, powder and paint.

                                         Gina's getting into the swing of things from behind the counter.

              Gina gives a bemused look to the side. "Why was that cameraman focusing on me? A humble café owner!"

                                                             Now where has Susan gone?

                                       Ah there she is. "I wonder if I can sneak past Shaky without him noticing?"

                                                                   "Phew! I made it!"

                Shaky decides it's time for a group dance and he wants the lights dimmed for a change of atmosphere.

The lights are back on and it's time for Shaky to take centre-stage again. John, Alex and his young fan look on in awe.

                               Shaky orders everyone to the floor and Susan can't wait to start jiving again.

Thirsty work this! One of the dancers enjoys a Coca-Cola, whilst Susan and John team up again. Meanwhile, Mark's quiff is holding up well.

                                       As the song ends, the camera starts to turn away from the café.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Isn't that Trisha in the blue top then?

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
Np. When I first loaded it up I did wonder if she'd had a drastic haircut, but it's definitely not her. I don't recognise this dancer in the light blue top from Top of the pops either.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Ok, thanks, a mystery girl then

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Sappy
Great to see this video again ! Have been speaking to Alex today and telling him about this site!
Best wishes Sappy.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Sappy
Great to see this video again ! Have been speaking to Alex today and telling him about this site!
Best wishes Sappy.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Hi Susan, it looks like you had a whale of a time dancing with Shaky and I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoyed watching it. Hopefully, Mikey (one of our most prolific archive detectives) can sniff out some more videos like this in the future.
Thank you for pointing out this site to Alex. He's been known to us even from the Legs & Co days and must be one of the most prolific for appearances on Top of the Pops. Although we do have female members, we do tend to focus more on the dancing girls rather than the men, as I'm sure you'll both understand.

I don't know if you are aware, but next Friday's TOTP on BBC4 (originally shown 27/2/86) is the last ever regular show with the audience dancing to the playout.  I do have a question for you regarding what was used instead; but I'll wait until a relevant future episode, when you are in the crowd.