TOP Cheerleader 83/84

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

THE BORNE LEGACY .       Future 'Starlight Express'  dancer- Sandy Borne.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

                                                                 GINA KEER.
                                                  The page 3 model brought a touch of glamour to the Top of the Pops studio.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Doc
I don't think she was ever appeared on The Sun's page 3, but she did do that sort of work!

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Here is pic of Gina from a recent TOTPs. Shes very much my favourite girl on TOTPs nowadays. Of course other pics of Gina pre-TOTPs are available if one knows where to look for them !

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Doc wrote
I don't think she was ever appeared on The Sun's page 3, but she did do that sort of work!

I can assure you that's our Gina and I will not be mentioning any other publications!

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Yes I do remember that dress Ryan!

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
                                                  JOHN GOLDSMITH
  A familiar face in the studio, John would also be involved in the warm up, staging and choreography.

Dancing with Paula Sommers.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

So she did, she must have been one of those who only appeared a few times.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
            Known for his wild, flowing locks - MARK ROWAN.

                               Dancing with Sandy Borne.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
   Actress LING TAI, who appeared in Doctor Who and co-hosted Crackerjack in 1984 amongst other things.

Thanks to Ryan for originally posting this screencap. She's gone rather quiet recently, so I didn't have any to post!

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

I must be getting old as I was more drawn to the stories about Richard Burton's operation and Di throwing water at Charles!

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
                 Former Hills Angel and model - LYNDSAY NEIL.

                     From 'The Benny Hill Show' (1984)

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
  Gill fans will have looked on enviously as he danced with her during the Startrax Club Disco medley and
  he's still around - ALEX JOANNOU

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Two stalwarts of the Top of the Pops studio are PINKY AND TONY. They first appeared back in 1980 as Kelly Marie's backing dancers and have continued as cheerleaders and have had responsibilty for the warm-ups, staging and choreography. In 1984 they teamed up with Hazell Dean for her two top 10 hits.

                                         'Searchin' (I Gotta Find a Man)

 Pinky is situated to the left of the picture and Tony to the right of the screen.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

                                    NEIL MERRYWEATHER

On the far right of the picture, (in the grey jacket) for 'Break My Stride'.

Thanks to Colm for pointing him out in a TOTP preview thread and for confirming T & P positioning.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Colm
Fans of Ling Tai may be pleased to hear she pops up again on Thursday night's edition.

And just like Ant and Dec, Pinky is usually positioned on the left, and Tony on the right, during their routines.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on. But is this picture unique i wonder ? Is this the only time on TOTPs that a future member of a TOTPs dance troupe can be seen applauding a dance routine performed by the troupe that she later joins.

Sandy Borne appreciating the quite superb `Murphy's Law` on 24th June 1982. Just thinking more about Sandy, she is even more unique that she probably went from a mere audience member, to a cheerleader, to fully fledged Zoo member and then back to a cheerleader. Quite remarkable.

Now the challenge is to find Sandy (pre 24/06/82) or another Zoo member applauding a Zoo routine before that person joined.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

But is this picture unique i wonder ? Is this the only time on TOTPs that a future member of a TOTPs dance troupe can be seen applauding a dance routine performed by the troupe that she later joins.
Though i have just remembered a conversation i had with Doc in which he recalled seeing Sue on a previous show before she made her dancing debut. I doubt though that Sue was applauding Pans People at the time as strangely they (Pans) did not appear in the studio the two shows prior to dancing to `Summer Breeze`, with one of the editions after Louise's departure containing a repeat only.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Doc
She appeared prior to the Pan's People performance of There's A Ghost In My House. I'm guessing that she left with Pan's after the performance rather than staying in the studio. If I had a choice of one show to be rediscovered, I'd pick that one.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Must have been quite a frustration for novice Sue having the two `Pans free` weeks then before `Summer Breeze` and of course even more of a frustration with the big strike a couple of weeks after that.