TOP Cheerleader 83/84

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
That's so close -up, It feels like Sandy's in the room with me Top Fan!

Check out page 3 for a Susan update from the Smittied 1/8/85 edition.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Thanks WTH i was going to post that but forgot.

I've seen some of her on the Xmas show, might wait a bit and post when the time comes.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
Yes, best not to open the presents before the big day.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Good point, at the rate we are going that wont be long though.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

                                                    SALLY STAIRS

Sally had a no.56 UK chart hit with the Shangri-Las cover ' Past, Present and Future', as part of Cindy & the Saffrons.
Cindy & the Saffrons consisted of actress Joanne Whalley ('Cindy') and backing singers Sally Stairs and Lyndsay Neil (a fellow TOTP cheerleader!). What a Supergroup!

                   The four screenshots below are all from 1982, where Sally seemed to be used just on the links.

                            In the following years, Sally would be more active on the dance floor.

                                                     On the gantry with Paula Sommers.

                         Then living it up on the dance podium to the hugely enjoyable Opus playout.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Pulinee
Yes Tricia roberts. I went to school with her. Grange grammar Sheffield. No idea if she's still around. Would love to know

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
Thanks for the info, pulinee. So she's a Sheffield girl then? I always sensed there was a steely determination to her character.

Screenshots from tonight's show (22/'8/85) are available on page 4.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Pulinee
At school 1970. Then she danced at Crazy Daisy club 1974/75/76. Again in Sheffield. Keen to know what she's up to.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Pulinee
I mentioned on another site that I knew Tricia a long while ago. We both went to Grange  Grammar school Sheffield late60s/early 70s. I saw her dancing often at Crazy Daisy club again Sheffield circa 75/76. She honestly doesn't look much different to when she was at school. Would love to know itches still around ....must be 65yrs old now x

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Doc
Are you saying she was 32 in the recent BBC 4 appearances, she certainly didn’t look it.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Pulinee
Yes she was born 1952 or 1953.As she was in the same year as me in school and I'm now 65!!!! I cannot believe she was in her 30s on the clips I see. I went to her home plenty of times in Sheffield when we were friends school days. She lived near me . It's really surreal seeing her on the clips
12345