TOP Cheerleader 83/84

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
That's so close -up, It feels like Sandy's in the room with me Top Fan!

Check out page 3 for a Susan update from the Smittied 1/8/85 edition.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Thanks WTH i was going to post that but forgot.

I've seen some of her on the Xmas show, might wait a bit and post when the time comes.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
Yes, best not to open the presents before the big day.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Mikey
Good point, at the rate we are going that wont be long though.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

                                                    SALLY STAIRS

Sally had a no.56 UK chart hit with the Shangri-Las cover ' Past, Present and Future', as part of Cindy & the Saffrons.
Cindy & the Saffrons consisted of actress Joanne Whalley ('Cindy') and backing singers Sally Stairs and Lyndsay Neil (a fellow TOTP cheerleader!). What a Supergroup!

                                              Sally first appeared as early as the 18th of February 1982.

                   The four screenshots below are also from 1982, where Sally seemed to be used just on the links.

                                                                             It's a Sinitta.

                                                           Sally in 1983.

                                             Sally isn't too shy to dance to the latest number one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1984

                            In the following years, Sally would be more active on the dance floor.

                                                     On the gantry with Paula Sommers.

                         Then living it up on the dance podium to the hugely enjoyable Opus playout.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Pulinee
Yes Tricia roberts. I went to school with her. Grange grammar Sheffield. No idea if she's still around. Would love to know

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
Thanks for the info, pulinee. So she's a Sheffield girl then? I always sensed there was a steely determination to her character.

Screenshots from tonight's show (22/'8/85) are available on page 4.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Pulinee
At school 1970. Then she danced at Crazy Daisy club 1974/75/76. Again in Sheffield. Keen to know what she's up to.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Pulinee
I mentioned on another site that I knew Tricia a long while ago. We both went to Grange  Grammar school Sheffield late60s/early 70s. I saw her dancing often at Crazy Daisy club again Sheffield circa 75/76. She honestly doesn't look much different to when she was at school. Would love to know itches still around ....must be 65yrs old now x

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Doc
Are you saying she was 32 in the recent BBC 4 appearances, she certainly didn’t look it.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Pulinee
Yes she was born 1952 or 1953.As she was in the same year as me in school and I'm now 65!!!! I cannot believe she was in her 30s on the clips I see. I went to her home plenty of times in Sheffield when we were friends school days. She lived near me . It's really surreal seeing her on the clips

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

TOP Fan
This Wednesdays, April 25th, early morning TOPs edition has to be one of the best for showing Tricia and Sandy. Dancing together and how fantastic Tricia looked in her white outfit. Also how good was she when dancing in the cage on the edition that followed

Did Tricia move to London or did she travel from Sheffield each week?

Thank you Pulinee for all the info on Tricia, she has always been my No1 cheerleader even though she not the best dancer Would be great if some of the cheerleaders visited this site and update us on gossip from those days

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

TOP Fan
Thank you Pulinee for all the Tricia information.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

TOP Fan
Was this Wednesdays TOPs the first for Susan Sapsford? Think it's first time i have seen her up front and in front of the camera

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Pulinee
Tricia was at Grammar school with me. I was her friend when we were around 14/15 yrs old. I stayed on for 6th form and A levels but I think she left school. Didn't keep in touch till I next saw her dancing at Crazy Daisy club Sheffield. Must have been 1975/76 so shed be around 23 yrs old. Spoke briefly butvthen never seen her again till i saw her on TOTP.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Hello TOPFAN. I don't know if that was Susan's first appearance; I hope to reprise 1983 over the coming weeks.
What is for certain, is that this performance was the one where Susan first caught the eye.  I would have seen it originally in 1983, but seeing it again on TOTP2 on a cold Saturday evening in February 1997 (introduced by the dulcet tones of Johnnie Walker) instantly made it one of my favourites. I don't know who the other cheerleader is; she didn't go on to be one of the regulars. Anyway, this is all about Sappy and this will always be her signature tune for me.
As this performance is so historically important, I hope I will be allowed a little indulgence by posting a much increased picture selection below.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Who's That Hurll
                                                     THE FIRST PICTURES OF SUE

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

TOP Fan
Thank you. You can indulge all you want with pictures of Tricia, Sappy and not forgetting Sandy.

Was there ever another way to view the recording of Tricia talking at Bristol railway station?

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

Legsfan
Here it is TOP Fan. Any problems viewing, just let me know.

Re: TOPs Cheerleader

TOP Fan
Thank you Legsfan, i have recorded it this time. Still get so annoyed with Simon Bates everytime i watch the clip for cutting Tricia off mid sentence
12345678