TOTP Christmas Hits - BBC Four Xmas 2016

TOTP Christmas Hits - BBC Four Xmas 2016

The track listing for Christmas Hits has been released, so here they are. Christmas Hits will also be repeated on Christmas day at 2.25am and at 11pm.

The Rolling Stones - 2000 Light Years From Home
Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
Mud - Lonely This Christmas
Showaddywaddy - Under The Moon Of Love
Ian Dury - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
The Specials - Do Nothing
Bucks Fizz - The Land Of Make Believe
Dollar - Mirror Mirror
The Human League - Don't You Want Me
Madness - Our House
David Essex - A Winter's Tale
Pretenders - 2000 Miles
Howard Jones - What Is Love?
Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love
T'Pau - China In Your Hand
Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
The Shamen - Phorever People
Saint Etienne - I Was Born On Christmas Day
East 17 - It's Alright
Spice Girls - Two Become One
Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews - Baby It's Cold Outside
Girls Aloud - Sound Of The Underground
Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah
Take That - Greatest Day
Coldplay - Christmas Lights

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

VintageVideos
Thanks for the list. I'm not that excited though. Ok, we start off with a new find but the rest is rather yawnsome. And whoever thought of that track list - the Stones followed by Little Jimmy Osmond!

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Everything'sRosie
I think the list is chronological, isn't it? If they had to include Showaddywaddy why didn't they pick Hey, Mr Christmas? which I think is by far the best thing they ever did.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Legsfan
Yes the list is in chronological order. I was quite surprised about the Mr Christmas too and just note I wouldn't take the BBC's list too seriously as when 1982 big hits was released it was not 100% accurate as I think they missed out Captain Sensible which I then promptly added  At some point I will try and match up the performances to a TOTP edition date.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Everything'sRosie wrote
why didn't they pick Hey, Mr Christmas?
Because it's wiped.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Thanks for that Legsfan. At least I now know that I only have to tune in for the first 5 minutes!

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

VintageVideos wrote
Everything'sRosie wrote
why didn't they pick Hey, Mr Christmas?
Because it's wiped.

Oh dear. Keep forgetting the dreaded wipings.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Dancer
I shall not be watching any of that then.  Seen it before.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

The Rubberband Man
No Wizzard? Cannot be right. I thought they were a British Christmas Institution

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Legsfan
Just a reminder that this is on BBC Four at 9pm tonight and will last ninety minutes. It's basically TOTP2 Christmas 2016 but with a different name and not on BBC Two.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Contemplating watching this, but as its in chronological order, when do i give up on it. I might just last to The Pet Shop Boys, but more likely The Pretenders.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Legsfan
Wait was that just Noel Edmonds! wonder if we'll see DLT? Unlikely I know but it is nice to see presenters from years gone by.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

So many mistakes! I didn't know Ian Dury knocked the Village People off the top spot in December 1979! The BBC are at it again rewriting history!
Evidence!

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

AC/PD
Those jumpers are back in Christmas fashion.

Do Nothing has always been a favourite of mine. Shame they only performed this once on TOTP

Now we're at Bucks Fizz! It only felt like six months ago we saw that Xmas performance on TOTP... oh wait it was!

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Legsfan
I think they have given up on the DJ links. You can see David Jensen in the background of Dollar though. Take it the Beeb didn't fancy showing the Dollar performance from the Savile edition.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

So true, LF - a Summertime Christmas....there's hot Anita.

Re: Christmas Hits - BBC Four (Christmas Eve: 9 pm)

Legsfan
Two performances from one edition! The Human League's festive performance was always going to pop up in this show even if we did see it six months ago.