Quantcast

TOTP Previews Feedback

Legsfan
I have always wanted to make the TOTP previews as enjoyable as possible and I was contacted by a member on here who made a few suggestions.
I would like to know if you think there could be some improvements made or I would be happy to hear what you think about the readability, structure or the chart info I include in the paragraphs.

This would help me make the previews better for everyone as I will definitely consider positive changes.

Tell me what you think

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

For me they are perfectly fine as they are. You do not need to make any improvements. You are doing a superb job with them and please stick at it LGFN.

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

CoffeeThing
I rather enjoy them too, great reads.

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

PattiForPM
I like your previews too LF.  If the person has made some suggestions you could try implementing one or two and see what people's reactions are I suppose.  Sorry I am not so active on these Threads nowadays but I don't have all these Mid-80s Shows in my collection and haven't got used to looking for all the performances with iPlayer not working for me here but it's no reflection on your fine efforts

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

Who's That Hurll
Good work so far Legsfan, with just the odd error creeping in.
Your colourful listings and screenshot help to set the scene.
If there's something to mention, then I would like to see a little more background info on acts that are making their debut on TOTP.
WTH

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

Everything'sRosie
Yes, keep them coming, Legsfan. I appreciate the work you put in. And don't worry about the odd mistake as I'm sure some bod on here will only be too happy to correct you . Like Patti4PM mentions I'm too heading into territory I'm a little disconnected from, but at present I think the shows are holding up pretty well with the odd curiosity still creeping in. On a side note, personally I've found the period fascinating to reappraise and have found myself surprised at how good Soft Cell and Tears For Fears were and how crap Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet were.

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
For me they are perfectly fine as they are. You do not need to make any improvements. You are doing a superb job with them and please stick at it LGFN.
+1
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

The Rubberband Man
Legsfan, I think you should just do your own thing and be happy and comfortable with what you produce. Take the topic in the direction you want to go in. It’s your thoughts, your views and your opinions that we value the most and want to read.

Incidentally, we all appreciate that writing these previews is not a five minute task. In fact, there’s a lot of effort required, and we are all grateful for your aspirations. With two TOTPs per week, the workload is unquestionably quite high.

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

VintageVideos
The Rubberband Man wrote
Legsfan, I think you should just do your own thing and be happy and comfortable with what you produce. Take the topic in the direction you want to go in. It’s your thoughts, your views and your opinions that we value the most and want to read.

Incidentally, we all appreciate that writing these previews is not a five minute task. In fact, there’s a lot of effort required, and we are all grateful for your aspirations. With two TOTPs per week, the workload is unquestionably quite high.
Very very well said.
Vin

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

Legsfan
Thank you for your comments. I think you all make good points and its not like I was thinking about resigning, but I just thought they could do with some improvement as I started sounding like a DJ by saying things such as "..at number four this week it's Duran Duran..."
I will introduce some minor changes on Friday from all the feedback I received.

Thank you for supporting the previews

Re: TOTP Previews Feedback

Dancer
Your comments have improved immensely Legsfan.  Really in-depth now.  Give yourself a high five.