TOTP ROUTINES THAT STILL EXIST AND POSSIBLE SURVIVALS

TOTP ROUTINES THAT STILL EXIST AND POSSIBLE SURVIVALS

TOTP routines that still exist and possible survivals
=== These tables are best viewed using the 'Mobile Forum' rather than the 'Discussion Forum' (Click to change)===

This is a list detailing only what survives or may survive of the Pan's People TOTP routines, it also shows which Ruby Flipper and Legs and Co routines the BBC wiped.
All of the Legs and Co routines have survived, a few partially, they are detailed in the Legs and Co on TOTP pages.
The surviving Ruby Flipper routines are shown in Ryan's TOTP Ruby Flipper Routine List.

If you are looking for a list of all routines Pan's People are believed to have danced to, surviving and lost, then go to Vintage Videos Pan's People on TOTP page

Links:
1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978+

Surviving routines of:
Pan's People 1968-1976Ruby Flipper 1976Legs and Co 1976-1981

Key to tables
CommonThe routine has recently been available to a large audience. Eg: Shown on BBC or You Tube.
CommonRoutine available in low quality but better versions are restricted or there is a large part missing
LimitedAvailable but less than 1 minute of routine exists.
RestrictedThe routine has been shown to a limited public audience in the last 4 years. Eg: Kaleidoscope screenings.
RestrictedRoutine exists but is held privately or in an archive and has not been made available to a wider audience.
*Rumoured*The routine may exist but more evidence is required.
PictureOne or more pictures exist of the routine.
LOSTNothing is left of the routine.
(K)Kaleidoscope/BFI screening

Other Resources
Vintage Videos' Pan's People List (All the known dances).
Ryan's Ruby Flipper List (with thumbnails)
Suefan's Legs and Co list.
Doc's Legs and Co list with thumbnails
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Pictures exist for 2 of the performances of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Hugo Montenegro, one from either 24/10 or 28/11 and several from 26/12.

1968
(LOST) The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Oct or Nov(LOST) The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 26/12

1969
Only one routine picture that is probably from this year, but it is to an unknown song.

1969
LOST 1969 routine

1970
Includes all known survivals.

(*2) No actual evidence to support this other than a poster claiming it to be this performance.
(*3) Clip shown on BBC using extracts of the dance mixed with crowd dancing used to accompany Mama Told Me Not To Come (The reason for the montage's creation is not known, but it is not believed to have been used as part of a TOTP show). Evidence has also been seen that the original routine with the correct song also exists.
(*4) Flick Colby appears in the musical interlude of the 27/08 performance of The Weavers Answer. A very small clip can be seen in TOTP 27/12/73.
(*5) A small segment of this dance appears at the start of Fairweather - Natural Sinner that was shown at Kal 01/06/13. Also an extremely small clip appears in one of the Christmas VT tapes.

1970 (click the underlined links to go to larger pictures of rare routines)
Green RiverWedding Bell BluesI'm A Man
Both Sides NowI Want You BackTemma Harbour
Who Do You LoveFunky ChickenBet Your Life
Signed Sealed DelieveredThe Love You SaveGive Me Just A Little More Time
Make It With YouJimmy MacThe Weavers Answer
Montego BayClose To YouSpirit in the Sky (26/12)
(LOST) Govinda(LOST) If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody(LOST) Who Do You Love (probable)
(LOST) March or April 1970(LOST) March or April 1970(LOST) You've Got Me Dangling On A String
(LOST) I'll Be There (probable)LOST Cannikin ClinkLOST unknown
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

1971 (Home)
Includes all known survivals.

##STOP PRESS - 07/10/71 Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem may have just been discovered. Awaiting confirmation.##

BBC database lists Elvis Presley - I'm Leaving as a PP routine but is probably incorrect (Ray L).
#3 The version of Jeepster shown on BBC TOTP2 is a slightly different edit to the original transmitted version.

1971 (click the underlined links to go to larger pictures of rare routines)
We've Only Just BegunAmazing GraceEverything's Tuesday
AllemandeHot Love 1Hot Love 2
Walkin'Mama's PearlEverybody Clap
Joy To The WorldRiver Deep, Mountain HighTap Turns On The Water
Tweedle Dee Tweedle DumLet's See ActionFireball
My Sweet LordStoney EndJeepster
(LOST) Stoned Love (possible)(LOST) Another Day(LOST) March or April 71
(LOST) Sept or Oct 71(LOST) Grandad
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

1972 (Home)
Includes all known survivals.

A terrible year for wiping with all except 1 of the shows being thrown away. Another episode exists as a black and white telerecording and a third partially exists after being found on a video tape. Many of this years survivors did so by being filmed away from the studio.

#2 A poor quality version of this has been seen, but a restored version is believed to exist. Tape found at BBC Scotland.

1972 (click the underlined links of rare routines to go to larger pictures)
Theme From The PersuadersRunning AwayA Little Bit Of Love
Ain't No SunshineBackstabbersJohn I'm Only Dancing
Let's DanceWithout You
(LOST) Mother and Child Reunion (possible)(LOST) Crazy Horses(LOST) The Jean Genie
(LOST) April/May 72(LOST) Betcha By Golly Wow(LOST) Jan 72
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

1973 (Home)
Includes all known survivals.

More than half of this years dances only survived by being recorded on to privately owned video tapes.

#1 Some screen shots of a colour version were seen some years ago, sadly no more has been heard about it since.
#2 A different performance from the one shown in 1974.
#3 There were rumours that 01/11 David Cassidy - Daydreamer may exist, but no further evidence has appeared.

1973 (click the underlined links of rare routines to go to larger pictures)
You're So VainPapa Was A Rolling StoneTie A Yellow Ribbon
Also Sprach ZarathrustraWalking In The RainTake Me To The Mardi Gras
Finders KeepersSpanish EyesYou Can Do Magic
Smarty PantsI'm Doing FineI Think Of You
Monster Mash (Promo)Nutbush City LimitsMonster Mash
500th TOTPGhetto Child
Do You Wanna DanceKeep On TruckinTruck On Tyke
Dance With The DevilLove On A Mountain TopGet Down
Spirit In The SkyLOST: Hocus Pocus (possible)LOST: Doctor My Eyes (possible)
LOST: Superstition (possible)LOST: Could It Be I'm Falling In Love (possible)LOST: That Lady
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

1974 (Home)
Includes all known survivals.

##STOP PRESS 28/12/18 - Dance With The Devil has been seen on You Tube##

1974 (click the underlined links of rare routines to go to larger pictures)
All Of My LifeDance With The DevilThe Love I Lost - Harold Melvin
Love's ThemeRebel RebelUntil You Come Back To Me
Seasons In The SunHomely GirlThe Entertainer
I Can't StopI Know What I Like (Lost?)
Summer BreezeDon't Let The Sun Go Down On MeWhen Will I See You Again
You Make Me Feel Brand NewAnother Saturday NightThe Tango's Over
Machine GunIt's Better To HaveYou Little Trustmaker
I Get A Kick Out Of YouThen Came YouYou Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
My First, My Last, My EverythingNever Can Say GoodbyeYou Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
You're My First, My Last, My Everything
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

1975 (Home)
Includes all known routines.

This year has the most survivals. A very large number of these are thanks to them being recorded privately on to video tapes. Without these discoveries this year would have been almost as bad as 1972.

#1 - rehearsal footage of Feels Like Makin Love exists with them wearing white trousers instead of shredded jeans.
#2 - rehearsal footage of Island Girl exists.

1975 (click the underlined links of rare routines to go to larger pictures)
Help Me Make It Through The NightLOST: Ms GraceDown Down
Boogie On Reggae WomanPromised LandStar On A TV Show
FOUND: Please Mr PostmanPick Up The PiecesPhiladelphia Freedom
What Am I Gonna Do With YouLOST: Play Me Like You Play Your GuitarGirls
Swing Your DaddyFunky GibbonGet Down Tonight
Sorry Doesn't Always Make It RightFOUND: The NightI Wanna Dance Wit Choo

Once Bitten Twice ShySing Baby SingSwing Low Sweet Chariot
I'll Do Anything You Want Me ToListen To What The Man SaidDisco Stomp
The HustleMistyHave You Seen Her
BarbadosFoot Stompin MusicIt's Been So Long
Best Thing That Ever HappenedLOST: Fame (possible)That's The Way I Like It
One Of Those NightsSummertime CityThere Goes My First Love
Feels Like Makin LoveI Only Have Eyes For YouWho Loves You
No Woman No CryIsland GirlHold Back The Night

Rock On BrotherImagineThis Ole Heart Of Mine

Lyin EyesFirst ImpressionsLet's Twist Again
BarbadosSpace OddityI Can't Give You Anything But My Love
I Only Have Eyes For You

Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

1976 (Home)
(Includes all known Pan's People but only showing routines from Ruby Flipper and Legs and Co that were wiped by the BBC)

Pans People 1976 (click the underlined links to go to a larger picture of rare routines)
In Dulce JubiloItchycoo ParkLOST: Let The Music Play
Midnight RiderLOST: Baby FaceDecember 63
Rodrigos Guitar ConcertoSqueezeboxFunky Weekend
Let's Do The Latin HustleLOST: Wake Up EverybodyLOST: Take It To The Limit
YesterdayJungle RockPaperback Writer
There's A Kind Of HushDo You Know (Theme From Mahogany)Disco Connection
You Sexy Sugar PlumMore More MoreSilver Star

Legs and Co 'Wiped by the BBC'
Spinning Rock BoogieDo You Feel Like We DoSomebody To Love
You'll Never Get To Heaven

Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

1977 (Home)
Only routines that were wiped by the BBC (For a full list of L&C dances from 1977 click here)

Legs and Co 'Wiped by the BBC'
DateSong TitleStatusNotes
10/02Heatwave - Boogie NightsCommonFull version now a Blog Exclusive (PVL)
03/03David Bowie - Sound And VisionCommonFull version now a Blog Exclusive (PVL)
31/03David Soul - Going In With My Eyes OpenCommonShow recorded by David Hamilton
04/08Candi Staton - Nights On BroadwayCommonFull version now a Blog Exclusive (PVL/Dancers tape)
08/09Jean Michel Jarre - OxygeneCommonFull version now a Blog Exclusive (PVL, Dancers tape)

Legs and Co 'Wiped by the BBC' (click the underlined links to go to a larger picture)
Boogie NightsSound And VisionGoing In With My Eyes Open
Nights On BroadwayOxygene
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

1978 onwards (Home)

1978 to 1981 All Legs and Co perfomances exist in the BBC archive, details of them can found in the links below.
Legs and Co on TOTP 1978
Legs and Co on TOTP 1979
Legs and Co on TOTP 1980
Legs and Co on TOTP 1981

07/08/1980 Odyssey - Use It Up And Wear It Out = Untransmitted routine from a strike week, shown by Kal 2012. Clips from this routine were used several times in TOTP chart count downs. Complete routine now on line.

Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Hi doc ,have you got any more info on pans dancing to oh you pretty thing in 1971 ,ive not heard any info on that one before ,not sure about the 28/11/74 dance to get dancin ,there was an article once about pans people ,and it was stated that pans danced to the al green song on that edition ,this was backed up by a guy called alex on pp .com who remembered the al green routine ,alex was the one who first said about the george mccrae 1975 song long before anyone knew that pans had danced to its been so long ,because it wasnt documented anywhere ,cheers

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

JEZ
girls by moments and whatnuts from 1975 still exists privatley doc ,and ive got a feeling that there are a few more from 75 including bad companys ,feel like makin love ,and average white bands ,pick up the pieces ,may still survives

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

The list I have was compiled when ever I found a possible existance mentioned on the internet, however I omitted to record the source! I've asterisked those two and will see if I can find where I saw them mentioned. No doubt there will be errors in the list that's why I've put it on here. So hopefully we can create a more accurate one.
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

I'll add them to the list, do you know what dates they were as the Popscene database does not list them as PP dances.

Ignore what's below, I'm experimenting!

DateSong TitleStatusNotes
Test
TestView Bigger Picture

Rare and Missing (click the underlined links to go to a larger picture)
TestTestTest

Stourbridge June 2014
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Kaleidoscope-Music-Event-Saturday-June-7th-Talbot-Hotel-Stourbridge-tp4065479p4070060.html

Stourbridge April 2014
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Kal-event-at-stourbridge-1st-weekend-in-June-anyone-else-going-tp4025023p4063470.html
Still living in 1979
LNV

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

LNV
Who has private copies of these PP dance routines, is it just the dancers themselves and / or ex-BBC technicians? What seems to me to be the secretive world of obtaining rare recordings of dance performances I know nothing about.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
The majority of them are held by either the BBC/Kaleidoscope, The PVL or PansPeopleVideo. The first two are likely to eventually show what they have, The PVL wanted to sell all of its tapes for £20,000 and PPV is a bit of a secret as to who it is.
As for the dancers Flick Colby was supposed to have a number of routines and there are rumours that a tape was made for Cherry when she left (but this has not been confirmed).
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Jez, it looks like I got the Peter Noone entry from this page http://homepage.ntlworld.com/e.watkins/musictv/interest2.htm.
The Popscene database says the performance exists but does not list it as a PP performance.
Still living in 1979

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

VintageVideos
This is a most interesting list which should be sticked somewhere, not just as a reference but also as a place to add new finds. Many thanks for taking the trouble to post all these (possibly) existing clips. It's hard to keep up to date if you don't have a place where all this information is pooled.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

If Doc wants me to move this thread to the list section i will. That way it wont sink into older posts.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
It will make it easier to find.
If you do, can you pin it so it stays near the top.
Still living in 1979
1234 ... 24