TOTP ROUTINES THAT STILL EXIST AND POSSIBLE SURVIVALS

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Wonder what the PVL would make of this thread ? I know for sure the world of `Routines that are not in the public domain` to be quite a murky and secretive one were cash is king !

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

VintageVideos
There is definitely much more going round than what's in the public eye, not only with routines but with TV shows/clips in general. And usually there is the golden rule of 'no YouTube' and 'no file sharing programmes' so not to spoil the value of the collectors items. However, I believe that good things come to those who wait, and many former rarities have already left the inner collectors circles. But there is certainly a great deal of secrecy about some of these things.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

If I won the Eurolottery I would be tempted to give them the money even though it is a ridiculously large amount just to get the shows back in the archive. Even without winning I would be prepared to pay a reasonable amount of money to see the performances they have. Unfortunately if you read some of Chris Perry from Kaleidoscopes experiences in trying to deal with them the words murky and secretive seem to sum them up quite well. I've tried to look at their web page, but my computer reports that it is trying to load a virus, so not really someone you would trust!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Andeebee
PVL - what are they gonna do with it when the owner passes on?? and the chances of the BBC showing stuff returned is zero, unless they are saving it all for next year???

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

BeautifulBabs
Hi Adb totally agree beeb have never shown any Pans returned stuff and probably won't now for Jimmy reasons.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Suefan
Hi Doc this is an interesting and useful list but if it was all in the one post it would be easier to use.

I have also seen reference to "That Lady" having survived but only parts of the "500th" ed are on a privately held tape and unfortunately when I made enquiries found that the Pans dance is not amongst them....grrrrrr.  A b/w "Girls" from 3/4/75 exists but I've not heard mention before of there being copies of "Feel Like Makin' Love" or "Pick Up The Pieces" but one lives in hope.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
I split the years to simplify the input as I typed most of it in rather than copying.

I've altered the lists to reflect your info.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

PattiforPM
Thanks for compiling these lists Doc.  Not sure I can add much right now but it makes interesting reading.  I tried to access the Motion Gallery a while ago on Dave's advice from Popscene and maybe they had something against Canadians or something but I couldn't seem to get logged in.  Maybe you'll have more luck.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Andeebee
Just had a look at BBC motion under my login -mmmmmmmmmmmmmm interseting

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

JEZ
Hi doc ,the peter noone single does seem a mystery ,on the list on the link you provided the source is normally very accurate ,but saying that popscene have listed the performance as surviving ,but no mention of it being a pp dance ,it needs investigating further i think ,also mate no dance to superstition on the date you have listed ,it was the playout and the audience danced to it on that edition ,cheers mate

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
I've changed Stevie Wonder to the 8th.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Pauly21
I can shed some light on the Peter Noone - Oh You Pretty Thing issue.
It is not a Pans People performance.
It was a typo on my website which i have now corrected.
Peter Noone's appearance was rumoured to exists as video but no definate info has so far turned up to confirm it.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
Thanks for the info. I've deleted Peter Noone from the list.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

JEZ
Hi pauly21,are you the guy with the website that features info on episodes of lift off with ayshea ,45, supersonic etc ,if so it is a briiliant site ,that ive visited often ,i wanted to contact you last year ,with some new info on lift off with ayshea 1973 episodes where there were gaps ,only a bloke called cornershop did some excellent research for me on the guests etc from the show ,i myself from memory ,where there is no info for the 2nd of january episode of 45 ,can remember that on this edition ,they showed what they called the best of 45 from 1974 editions ,and included groups ,bay ,city rolers,geordie,sparks , cockney rebel ,and artists leo sayer,alvin stardust,and dance troupe zigzag ,anyway i hope it is you that owns the website ,only ive just waffled on to the wrong person lol

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Some updates using info from the "BMG" website.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

BeautifulBabs
Hi Doc presume you mean bbc motion gallery site (bmg) has that given you info any pointers to specific routines there ?
Amazing grace is on youtube but not on the blog- it was muted but was redubbed to the original soundtrack.
Temma harbour exists in higher quality ( snippet in this compilation at 35 secs) perhaps should be on the list
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDIzTL8XuCM

hope this helps

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc thanks for updating your list.  The "Bet Your Life" promo was filmed on the HMS Intrepid and there are several photos of the girls on board the vessel posted somewhere on the PansPeople website.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
Thanks, I've deleted the note questioning the performance.
The notes I've added to a few of early routines are from the motion gallery database, they appear to be external promos shot for TOTP.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Temma Harbour is coming shortly from me & Vin, so hang tight folks....

Vin do you have Amazing Grace (I haven't checked my archives yet) to redub