TOTP ROUTINES THAT STILL EXIST AND POSSIBLE SURVIVALS

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Andeebee
BBCMG hasn't alot of stuff on there in regards to Pans.....

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
I found 7 or 8 clips I would like to see and they are nowhere near having the whole BBC archive on line yet!
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Andeebee
Which ones out of interest Doc????

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
There's the 4 from 70-72 that I've added notes to from the descriptions used and Hermans Hermits on the ship. I also noted appearances on The Jack Jones show, Nationwide, Jim'll fix it to name a few. There are others which obviously exist on the web, but if the BBC ever get round to selling personal copies no doubt they will be of much better quality.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
I'm also interested to find out more about the entry for TOTP 21/10/71, which I believe is a missing edition. I expect that it is an error but it would be great if it was there.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

I've now listed Stevie Wonder-Superstition as unlikey to exist. I think it was a typo error on the web site that mentioned it.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

clips will be expensive......and they want to know what you want to use it for, personal use doesn't cut it with them, I've tried....

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
Certainly not yet, but BBC have said they eventually hope to have something like iplayer for the archive. The news items I've seen seem to think you'll be able to download clips for reasonable amounts of money. The service will probably not qualify for license fee money so will have to turn a profit.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

the ones listed as BMG in the early ones are these watchable on BMG or are they still waiting to up these

No , you have to phone for a preview!
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Andeebee
oh, that'll be fun, have you tried it????

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
No, I think they'll have to be fairly convinced that you're going to buy rights to the video first, but I'm hoping they'll add previews in time.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

and, say how do you find say these clips listed (david Munrow mute film???? or CCS) or the 21/10/71 edition

in the without preview part.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Andeebee
ok when I have time I'll have a look, but it seems you get a short preview (sadly not the show or clip in full) in lieu to buy.......so one day they may become playable.....

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

PattiforPM
Guys I'm a bit clueless about this issue but how big of a deal is this posting from the BBC Motion Gallery thing?  I read the discussion Doc linked to from Missing Episodes Forum and there seemed to be some validity in what they said but also a bit of an assumption that people who post to YT are just hunting for glory whereas some are maybe just trying to let a wider audience see the material they're posting.  There also is some debate on PP.com about Missing Episodes being a rather non-democratic group so are they a good authority on these issues anyway?  I have no axe to grind, just asking

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Andeebee
Depends how BBC will react on stuff being posted, very much like the Granda Video Entertainers stuff, who is seriously gonna be that worried bout some ropey old show that has been long forgotten bout just cos of two legs clips

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_qXQmo1j8

Amazing grace here if anyone's not got it.

P4pm to pick up on your last post given the size of the bbc motion gallery and the number of worldwide internet users with access to the preview videos, I would be v surprised if this was such a big deal but obviously wouldn't want it to get in the way of us seeing the other Bobbie Gentry dances. If you search youtube with bbc motion you get 20,600 videos in results.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

There's 6 seconds of pans at the beginning of this preview before the 3 degrees- could be the shortest ever Pans routine- looks a bit like one of the in concert routines with the mist.

http://www.bbcmotiongallery.com/gallery/clip/2B0031B79_s01.do?keywords=the%2Cjack%2Cjones%2Cshow

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Suefan
Those six seconds are the last six seconds of Breakaway.